Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:59 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, February 23rd

Good Morning !!

Just starting this up and running out for coffee at the same time Talented aren't I

BBL, Love, Leenie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN !!!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:10 AM   #2  

Angry Morning Everyone

Well what a blurr the past little while has been!

I worked all weekend...seems to be a huge crisis with staffing at our facilility and with all the time I took off before I took my course I felt I better use the opportunity to get caught up.

Anyhow I am off now for today and going for a massage! That will be heavenly!

I work days Tues, Wed and then hopefully I am off until the weekend.

Our book club is meeting on Friday...we are trying something different since we are all mothers...we are going to continue to read our books but each month we are going to introduce a childrens book. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about what we should read for our book club. We have read The Red Tent and Memoirs of a Geshia most recently. Does anyone know of a kids book that really grabbed them. I am going to bring Jamberry but I wanted one more.

I am joining the gym this week. It is a great place and we can freeze our account during the summer when I don't like the gym so much and prefer to be out and about doing things in the outdoors. The membership to the gym is my gift to myself for passing the course I took Feb 15-16 (ACLS).

Hubby and the my dd 11 are gone to the mountains to ski for a couple days so I am home with dd5 and it is nice a relaxing.

I want to get my scrapping stuff organized. I have been totally missing it!

I hope all are well. I haven't been weighing myself but my clothes and rings are getting loose again...so I think I am getting back on track...

Have a good day everyone!

Eliz
Old 02-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #3  

Default Mornin'

Yawn. Another week , another shriek!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was very restful and I got stuff done - a good balance. I am still working on my morning mocha.

It's a gloomy day in the Bay area, but that is fine by me. I went to Costco over the weekend and bought way too much stuff, but had fun doing it. Chicken breasts, fish, turkey jerky and sandwich rolls was the extent of the food I bought. My freezer is completely full!!

Got up at 5 and did my fat interval aerobics this morning. Didn't see a puddle of melted fat on the floor afterwards, so am disappointed Wouldn't that be neat if you could do that? That would definately be positive reinforcement. I could deep fry a few turkies in the fat I am carrying.

The depression is doing well. I thank God for the drugs that keep the dark times and anxiety at bay. The exercise is the last push I needed to get on top of this thing, so that will always be a part of my life.. icing on the cake so to speak

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 02-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #4  

Liz I remember a book from when I was young. I don't even know if you can still find it. Bridge to Taribithia. I hope I spelled it right. I still think about that book to this day. A massage sounds wonderful. I never get one and I have one at work that I could go to anytime I want. I am kind of bad about treating myself.

Linda we have Sma's club here but it is the same as Costco. I lead up my freezer when I go too. I love that place. I am glad that fat doesn't just fall off that way, if it did I would be standing all day long in the cardio area cleaning up after people.

My weekend was pretty good. I got a closet cleaned out and organized. Put 2 bags in the attic for a garge sale and it really looks good in there. I can't beleive that I had so much junk in thee. It is a spare bedroom closet so I usually just throw stuff in there when I don't know what to do with it. Hubby and I went to the mall yesterday and shopped. It was weird though b/c I found everything and he found nothing. Normally it is the other way around. I think it is b/c I am feeling better after losing this weight so I can't wait to buy new clothes. He just had his mind set on one thing so he was on a mission and didn't get to accomplish it. Poor guy.

Hi to all to come.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #5  

Good morning ladies

I didn't have a great weekend....my doctor changed my meds.....from Effexor XR to Wellbutrin. I took the 1st one Friday morning....about 3 hours later....I felt sort of ....don't know how to explain it....just kind of weird feeling for a half hour.

Then Saturday morning I took the 2nd Wellbutrin....about 3 hours later.....started to feel ill....terrible feeling.....then followed 11 hours of vomiting....on & off over that time....I felt terrible. I was afraid to take Gravol.....because I thought....I wouldn't be able to keep it down....but eventually I did. I did sleep through the night with more Gravol. The next morning my DH looked at me....he said my face was beet red....I took my temp....it was 99.6.

My doctor said....just stop taking the Effexor....after talking to a few people & looking on the internet....I figured that I was having major withdrawl effects.

So yesterday...decided to not take the Wellbutrin & to try to taper myself off of the Effexor....will go back to the doctor...to tell him what happened.....even today I feel really sweaty. Has anyone had problems trying to go off one of these antidepressants?

Sorry for rambling here.

April
Old 02-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

April, sorry to hear that happened to you, how scary is that !
I've never had any problems changing perscriptions. I know with welbutrin they gave me small doses at first then built it up, so I can't imagine just stopping cold turkey and taking another..OUCH. I hope your feeling better and please don't appoligize, you are not rambling, we are here to help and support each other HUGGS !!

Liz thats so cool you can freeze your account during the summer. The exercise place by me wouldn't dream of letting you do that, how brilliant, I bet more people join because of that. Good Luck !

Kem now that your done w/your closets can you PLEEZZZE come to my house next, I have a storage room that looks like a bomb hit it, no kidding. we just throw EVERYTTHING in there and once its there it doesn't come out.

Linny, puddles of fat, now thats a visual, thanks. Can you imagine leaving grease marks where ever you go eeeeeew. Hey I need a fish recipie, do you know any one who could help

Do you think eating 1/2 lb of carrots a day will give me better eyesight ROFLMFAO

Where is everyone lately, we miss you !!

Love, Leenie
Old 02-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #7  

April,

I was on Effexor and it has the worst withdrawl symptoms of almost any anti d on the market. I would get them even if I was half a day late taking a dose. I would get terribly sick dizzy, spaced.. unstable.. you name it. Your doctor is an idiot for having you stop cold turkey. It took me more than 3 months to taper off the drug when I stopped all meds years ago. It prolly will take less time to taper down since you are going to a new med.. but this is the nastiest one there. I read in an article someplace that a doctor likened the withdrawls from Effexor to heroin withdrawls.. Nasty nasty drug!! And yes I too ran a temperature when I was going thru withdrawls. I will never ever take the drug again!!

Leenie, I gave you a good fish recipe.. what more do you want? Are you ready for fish tacos?
Old 02-24-2003, 10:36 PM   #8  

Hi all! My name is Janie. I wrote my bio up on the bio thread! Would love for you to take a look! I'm new here on this thread! Really need someone who knows what it's like to go thru clinical depression! Can't seem to focus on anything these days. Can't stick with a better WOE for more than 1/2 day. My doc just added Wellbutrin back onto my drug regimen. It just doesn't seem to be helping. I'm on Celexa and Serax at night. I'm sick of the meds! sick of feeling like there's someone else in my body! I wish someone else would live in my body and give me their 150lb bod! Really struggling with my weight. I've had a rough few months. I just feel I'm getting fatter and fatter! I don't know whether to try low fat or low carb. I'm just really having a hard time making a decision and sticking to it!

Liz, congrats on passing ACLS! You have so much going in your life! How do you find the time?!!! I used to be an instructor before I went into Risk Management. I worked in CCU for a total of 14 yrs. Miss it!!!! When we moved to TN, I had to have a little more stable schedule! You deserve to reward yourself! You've made a huge accomplishment!

Kem, I wish I could get as motivated to clean out closets! I did clean out lots of clothes and stuff our of our attic. Took several bags to Goodwill! Got lots more to go though!

April, I was on Effexor XR for about a year and I felt horrible on it!
I was like Linda. I couldn't be late or I'd start the withdrawal! I like Wellbutrin much better!

I hope you all will accept me into your group! Look forward to getting to know you all!
janie
Old 02-25-2003, 07:14 AM   #9  

Angry Welcome Jane

Glad to meet you.....looking forward to getting to know you better!

Thanks for all the accolades! Hang in there...great things can happen for you, you sound like the type that is well on your way!

Eliz
Closed Thread