Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting back on the horse.

I had hurt my knee a bit recently, so I took a break from my very lunge/squat heavy DVD work out routine. During my 'break'
I took the initiative to find a better suited for routine with not so many lunges to re-injure my knee. So I will be starting back
up with Power 90. Even though it seems to be a really great work out, what I have seen will be less stressful on my knee.
I'm excited to get moving again. AND, I lost 6lbs this week! Fingers crossed I can keep it up at this rate!

Last edited by KellyAF; 08-05-2011 at 10:45 AM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

If you have access to a pool, then swimming and water aerobics are very low impact. It might be an option to keep in mind in the future if you do re-injure your knee.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I stopped doing lunges and squats awhile ago because my knees would crack/pop really badly. I thought I was a wimp because I felt forced to stop doing them, lol. Good for you. I've heard good things about Power 90.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I *do* have access to a pool, but for the love of all that is good in this world I wouldn't be able to get myself to buy
a swim suit and walk around in it [where people can see me]!! lol But they are actually building a new Rec center for
us Military families, and there will be an indoor pool. I'm hoping it gets finished real soon, and I would go out there in
the mornings. I get up around 5am during the week and that would be a great start to my hard days of being a lonely
Military House Wife. :\

I'm excited about Power 90! My hubby has been talking about P90x for too long now, he even started it once... That
didn't go as planned! As far as not doing any more lunges, I don't really feel too bad about it.. They kinda suck! Although
I can do about 5 on each side, or about 8-10 squats before I can feel it in my knee. But I don't want to hurt myself for
good, so I'll stay away for now.

Last edited by KellyAF; 08-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote