Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Default The Gold Pledge:30 Days as a Vegan

I'm one of the many participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and have decided to incorporate getting healthier with NaNoWriMo this year. So, I visited the website of the Vegan Society tonight and took the Gold Pledge. If you haven't visited their website, the Gold Pledge is where a person decides to go vegan for thirty days. I definitely have the support of my best friend. He's a vegan and has offered to help me with recipes and advice, which is awesome.

I've tried a vegan diet before and had lots of success with it. I felt better and was more energetic. I also lost 40 pounds while vegan. But as soon as I went back to eating meat and dairy I gained it all back plus some.

During this 30 day journey back into vegan eating, I am looking forward to seeing the changes within my body, feeling more energetic, and using this as a way to get healthier! I am hoping that the folks on this little section of the forum will be supportive and encouraging as I give this a whirl.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I've considered going back to vegan recently. So I think this is an awesome idea and I wish you lots of luck.
leopardtuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

i am 2 weeks in!! i started out with just giving it a shot for 30 days. But i know i'll stick with it. i'm just curious, what made you go back to meat & dairy? i am just curious
-fm a/k/a jen
since i don't have a signature: 258/238.3/goal???
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #4  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

I just may give this a try! I'm scared of missing out on nutrients by taking dairy and eggs away, but I know plenty others are successful so it is possible. I'm going to have to check it out, thanks for posting! Good luck to you!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #5  

Jen - What made me go back to meat and dairy? At the time I was married to a guy who thought a french fry was a balanced vegetable. He lived off fried chicken, pizza, and french fries and wouldn't try anything green. It became very expensive having to shop for his bad food habits and then my healthier ones. We spent a small fortune at the grocery store every time. So to save money I went back to eating what he ate. I am also no longer married to Pizza Dude.

I have remarried a guy who is open to trying new foods. Although he says he could never be a vegetarian or vegan because he loves meat too much, he is open to eating the foods I will cook. I like that!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #6  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Just signed up for the 14 day (silver) starting tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #7  

Coolness!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #8  

Well day 1 went very well! I blogged about it last night. I am looking forward to how day 2 is going to go!