Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #1  
jwc123

S/C/G: 161/156/135

Height: 5'4"

Question Hate V-8 - Do I need vegetables at breakfast?

I'm just starting my second week of Phase 1 and have not been getting many vegetables with breakfast. (I eat the majority of my breakfasts at the office, so generally have to-go things like ricotta muffins and SB egg muffins.) All the meal plans I see include a serving of V-8 with breakfast, but honestly, this would become the bulimia diet for me if I had to drink that stuff! I get plenty of veggies at lunch, snacks and dinner. Do I need them at breakfast, too? Thanks!
jwc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I also hate V8 and don't drink it. I try to just put veggies in my eggs (like scrambled eggs with peppers, etc).

You could probably make it up at home then reheat it in the microwave at work, but I'll be honest I don't always get all my veggies in at breakfast- but I get a ton the rest of the day with lunch and dinner and my snacks.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Nope, you don't have to eat veggies with breakfast! The V-8 is just a way to sneak in a serving for people who have a hard time getting enough veggies. I actually like it with things like a spinach omelet but in general I don't drink it often.

But I do try to get a serving of *fruit* in (when you're in Phase 2 of course) at breakfast. Berries in particular. Or cottage cheese with grapefruit, or black grapes, etc.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Good to know. I had the V8 vegetable juice and it was gross.
Randi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You absolutely do not have to have veggie with breakfast. You can have anything you want, any time of the day, as long as it meets the guidelines of which Phase you are on. Just make sure you are getting the required amount of veggies and dairy every day.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote