Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #1  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Talking Wii Fit, anyone?

Ok, so I know I’m a bit late to jump on the bandwagon, but my hubby just bought me the Wii Fit Plus for my birthday last week and I LOVE it. It’s a great motivator. It’s easy enough to get me eased into an exercise routine and it keeps me entertained, so I don’t feel like I’m being punished by having to exercise. The yoga and strength training are actually super helpful. It makes me aware of my posture and forces me to focus on certain muscle groups. All this time, I have been doing lunges wrong, and I had no idea. I always pushed my front knee too far and I think it was doing more harm than good.

My only complaint is the amount of time it takes. There are so many pauses that a 40 minute routine takes over an hour. And, I can do the full 80 min routine and I only burn about 350 calories.

Does anyone else use it, or has used it in the past? (Or, if there is an old thread that someone could direct me to, that would be helpful. )
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

have you tried using the my routine option? after you've done each ex. it wont demo it anymore, that saves time. i really like the free run and free step with my own music blasting. they are quick to start. and the hola hoop game is challenging, but a short 3 mins.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #3  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't have Wii Fit yet, but one of my best workout games is Just Dance for Wii. It is fun and my GoWear Fit device says I'm burning lots of calories.

They are coming out with Just Dance 2 in October.

I want to try Gold's Gym Dance Workout, but don't have the $ yet to buy another game.

Hoping I can score a Wii Fit around Thanksgiving time and the Christmas sales
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #4  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I have used it in the past, but in the end, I decided it took to much time and burnt not enought calories for the time I was spending on it. I still find myself using it, but it's more as a motivator just to move when I am bored than anything else. I now just use my treadmill and am planning on bying a nordic tract machine is the near future. The wii plus is a good thing just to shake up your routine if you are bored though and it is fun! Good luck sweetpea!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My understanding it's only good for people who don't have a lot to lose. I was going to buy one and the salesperson (who was a big girl) talked me out of it. She said that really if you want to lose a lot unless you do a few hours a day it's not an intense workout.

I think it makes working out fun and if you aren't motivated it does help

I just started the P90X this week and so far I'm really liking it- but it's INTENSE
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #6  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

dewdrop1970 - I saw that the Just Dance 2 was coming out. Is it fun, do you need any extra equipment?
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote