Old 09-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Quick and Stupid Tofu Question

I am leaving work in about 25 mins. I want to swing into the grocery store and get some tufo to experiment with. And it just occured to me that I have no idea WHERE in the grocery store to find it...??? What section would it be in?

Lol!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #2  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Look over by produce, that's where I find it in the grocery stores I go to.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I know this is late, sorry! Hopefully you already found it, but if not ... It hides in a few places in my grocery. Sometimes near the mushrooms, sometimes near the fresh sprouts. The Kroger near me has a little health food/organic/veg*n section with a cold case and they put it there near the tempeh and Earth Balance.

It needs to be kept cold (unless you're looking for silken tofu in a tetra pack), so scour the cold cases.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I FOUND IT! Lol! It was easy - over by the wonton wrapers, etc. I made some "Tofu Scramble" Satruday night and again last night. I made it with a splash of soy sauce and tons of spinach, green peppers, onions.... I added tomatoe last night (yum). And some fat free feta cheese. It was really quite satisfying. (It would be good comfort food.)

But - and this is TOTAL TMI - I had diarrehea both nights before bed. Pretty bad, too. Could the two be related? I had two servings each evening. I cooked it thoroughly (b/c I did read that Tofu packed in water needs to be cooked thoroughly). I went to a fair on Saturday and didn't eat ANY fair food (NSV!). I have been pretty restrictive the last few days (1200 - 1400 calories), but I have just just out all the "junk" food. I am eaitng whole grains, veggies, fruit, nuts.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote