Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #1  
determined

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy Freshman 15 and then some...I'm back

About 2yrs ago I was an active member on this site. I went from 215 to 165, and I was thrilled. Then I went off to college, and got a job at a restaurant. Between class, homework, and work, I lost time for work outs. At my job I am allowed to eat leftovers at the end of breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours, and the left overs are always really yummy. Thus to say, no work outs, free delicious food, and a year later, I have gained all my weight back and I am crushed! I stepped on the scale and saw it said 210 and I wept. All that work for nothing, I am right back to where I started.
I have figured out ways I can still work out, and I am building up my strength to just say no to food at work. So I am hoping I can lose at least 30 by Christmas; eventually I want to lose the entire 50.
Right now I feel like hitting my head against a wall. I swore I would never be this size again, but here I am two years later. I could really use some support.
savanahfloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hey there.....it happens! It happens to the best of us. Try not to think about the past, but focus on the future. Now you know what you must do to keep this weight off. You know better now. You can do it! Don't wait. Start moving in the right direction TODAY!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Savanah: I am kinda in the same boat. I was always a little heavier than most girls for my height and at my school(5'2" and 140lbs) but I swam so for the most part I was in shape just thick. Well wonderful college came around and I've gone from 140 to 190 in about two years, and in the last 6 months was just the 20lbs. We can do it! I personally just have to start making myself workout when I have the time instead of opting for a nap or social time. Thats my main problem, as is eating at night. Good luck to you!
jesarand89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #4  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

I really feel for you. This is as close as I can get to a hug:

Weight loss, like so many things (like quitting smoking) starts in your head, your attitude. You have decided that it's time to pull your boat off that river 'da Nile' and start walking in a healthier direction. You've already blazed the trail, you know the way to go. Stay on the trail and you won't get lost.

I personally am grateful that so many here have already blazed many different trails; all I needed to do was choose one and put my feet on it. I was able to kick cigs, so I know I can do this. And so. do. you. If you don't like the trail you made last time, pick a different one; if you stay on it you will get where you are going. And if we are vigilant we won't wander back to da Nile. Those boats carry us to bad places.

It sounds like you have your feet on the path, so all you need to do is take a deep breath and your first step.

Hugs,
Robin
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #5  
determined

I like that analogy Robin
Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #6  
determined

I just took my before pictures. Is there a place on here that I can store them to add my after pics later on?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

im in the EXACT same boat! 2 years ago i lost 50 lbs going from 207 to 159 and gained 30 of that back so here i am, i have to say the hardest part was starting each day seems to be a little better than the last, we can do this together, and we WILL get it done.
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

The past isn't important, only the present. Failure is all part of the learning process. Just promise yourself that you will not fall back off the wagon and move on. I think that confidence is crucial to success and you cannot succeed when you are worried about the past. Move on and worry about the present, about what you are doing NOW to lose the weight and be a healthier, happier person.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #9  
Exercise the Mind

S/C/G: 196/175.7/148

Height: 5'8.5"

In one way, you're actually in a good position; you've lost before, so you KNOW you can do it this time, and probably have good ideas about how. What you'll add, this time around the block, is a maintenance plan, so that once you get back to 160 (and you can and will!) then you'll have a mechanism for staying there (with continual daily or weekly weigh-ins to make sure you're on track, say, including a plan for how to change your lifestyle if you see yourself start to creep over 165...).

I'm still 15 pounds or so from goal, but I like to read the maintenace forum/library stuff to know where I need to get my mindset; and I really believe that that's all you need to add to the mix, too. That, and getting back on track with a plan you can live with.

Forgive yourself, pick yourself up, and rock on. I'm rooting for you!
rschroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #10  
determined

Thanks every one. I am really excited about it, but today was a bit upsetting. I have been walking 2.5 miles every morning the past week, and I have gained 2lbs. My brother says it is muscle building weight, but i don't know