Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Default wii fit...does any one here use it?

hey everyone
my boyfriend just bought me a wii fit. i've heard good things about it, but was curious to see what you all have to say about it. i wouldn't be using it as my only form of exercise, but as something to do on weekends when i don't feel like going to the gym.
also, for those of you who use it, which programs do you use on the wii fit? (or games, but it doesn't sound right to call it a game when its an exercise routine)
thanks!
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

I have wii fit plus - and I love it. I box, do a little yoga, the island cycling, the obstacle course, the ski jump and the step ones mainly. But I also like to do some of the balance ones just to mix it up some. I know my wii fit age has gone from 15 years over my age to 15 years below my age. I also like the weight tracking part - I've loved watching my bmi level go down to nearly normal. I think you're right about it not being your main source of exercise, but since it's fun it helps on the days you don't feel like doing much else. I think there is a whole thread here on 3FC for wii fit user's - they've probably got lots of insight about it.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/141

Height: 5'2"

I have a wii fit and the ONLY thing I use it for is to track my weight and BMI.. which I like, but I definitely didn't need a $100 toy to do that with (I have a scale in my bathroom!!) I just don't think the workouts are very... strenuous. I haven't played with it a whole lot though so maybe I've missed something.
sarahtmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

There's a couple threads for Wii-fit users, but I do have a challenge going. A bunch of us are just resolving to use our Wii's more this month! If you want to join us the link is in my signature! There's lots of Wii talk in there too about different games & such.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #5  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

thank you ladies! i will look into the other threads
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/186/150

Height: 5'1"

I got it for my birthday and I really like it. I use it to track my weight and also do yoga/strength training. I think it's really helped overall
CityLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I tried to lose weight with the Wii Fit when it first came out, and the negatives as far as I see them are a) cardio is not really good enough, b) it makes you weigh yourself every day, which is a recipe for disaster, and c) it isn't efficient with time, because you have to pause so much between workouts, even with Wii Fit Plus's routines. I've found EA Sports Active to be so much better - it kick started me back in November and I lost A LOT of weight with that.

I use my Wii Fit balance board to weigh myself now, but that's all.
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #8  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I also don't find the Wii fit to be a very strenuous workout and I am kind of disappointed with it. Some of the strength training is worthy of trying but I bought it for a cardio workout which is doesn't really deliver. The weight time between exercises is too long as well.
I have EA Sports and I find that to be a much better workout. You can set up your own cardio workout, strength training (I would buy a better band than the game comes with) or a combination of both. You can use the Wii fit board with it too. I also enjoy Wii Just Dance as a great and silly cardio workout. An hour of dancing really gets the heart rate up!
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

I had much better luck with EA Sports Active. It is more like a real workout, and less like a game. It's the only exercise program I've consistently used in my life, and it got me in good enough shape that I could enjoy doing other things, like jogging and going to the gym.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote