Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #1  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Default What happened to my exercise?!

Ever go through a time when it seems like the universe is conspiring to stop you from getting in your workouts?

My husband normally works Mon-Thurs, 10 hour shifts getting home about 6:30pm. They started a shutdown at work this week, so for the next month or so, he'll be working the same shift but 7 days/week. Yay for overtime $$ but sucks for my gym time. We only have one car, and he's had no luck so far finding someone to carpool with, so I can't go during the day.

I've gotten used to going on a schedule. Mon Pump class, Tues treadmill c25k, wed/thurs off, fri newbody aerobics class & treadmill c25k, Sat step class & pump class, sunday treadmill c25k.

The gym closes at 5pm on the weekends, so my now weekend gym time is out completely. I already can't go on Wed or Thurs evenings due to other commitments, these have been my rest days.

I missed last Friday due to freezing rain causing messy roads. I'll miss tonight because we have an appointment to see about a new car. Tuesday's have always been my "short night" at the gym because I can only get in about a half hour on the treadmill between dropping off and picking up my son at an extracurricular activity. I'll be able to make it Friday evening, but only for treadmill time, as there aren't any classes on Friday except for the morning.

I've tried every day this week to get out my EA Active for the Wii, but have to stop each time due to either the new puppy running around under my feet or my 2yo insisting (and he can be very insistant) on "me too!" and taking over the balance board and/or getting under my feet I can't even get out for a walk with the kids because of the insane severe weather we've been having. Snow, freezing rain, pouring rain, strong winds.

Honestly, it would be almost funny if it weren't so frustrating! LOL What do you do when life is throwing this at you? I've been super carefully watching my calories for fear of gaining since I'm not getting in my normal exercise. And I'm worried that if this keeps up I'll lose the great momentum I was gaining by going to the gym on such a regular basis, kwim? Argh!
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #2  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Pray for spring??
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #3  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

LOL Done and done! LOL
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #4  
banned

I know how this is too, except I use DVDs and my Wii to exercise. But sometimes things comes up, and I don't get to exercise. Very frustrating.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote