Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #1  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Default EA Sports Active Dicussion and Support Thread

Is anyone else exercising with EA Sports Active??

Here's a little background of myself: I. Hate. Working. Out. I'm sorry, but those are the facts. An hour at the gym is grueling. Thirty minutes feels like an eternity. Even ten minutes is such a pain to put up with. I've tried so hard to conquer this mindset. I tried "just doing it", I've tried weening myself into it, and I tried finding others ways to make the time go by (elliptical + Sudoku = HARD... and boy does the intensity of the workout decrease!). They say you need to make it fun, and not a chore. Well, as fun as fun things are, a trip to the skating rink a couple times a week is not exactly affordable.

Active came into my life and at first I played little attention to it. I didn't even start it up until a week or so after opening it. I had heard so much praise that... well, I had to give it a shot, I guess. So I did. And it was fun.

Previously, I figured that I just wasn't a sweater. The only time I'd sweat might be on a really hot day... never from working out. Surely my body just didn't work like that. Ohhhh no. Apparently, I'm VERY able to sweat! I just never pushed myself hard enough! Who would have guessed? After my first workout sweat was oozing from my pores....

I had lost 100 calories (on easy) in roughly 18 minutes! For me, a miracle! Never before had I lost so much, and so quickly.

It's gratifying, challenging, it pushes, but it's FUN! I am so happy I came across this little game, and can already feel my body improving.

So what's your story? How have your experiences been? Is there anything you particularly like? Dislike?

I'm also really curious as to where everyone is in their 30-day challenge and what difficulty setting are you playing on? For those who have been playing longer, does the 30-day challenge get tougher as the days go by?

EDIT: Oops. I'm sorry for placing this in the wrong forum! Thanks for moving it!

Last edited by Wild Vulpix; 02-17-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #2  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

My experience is that my knees hate the running in place.. I'm going to push myself to do it again (tonight?) after about 3 months off. I'm going to try running on my rebounder.

I have a hard time with the 30 day challenge because the my "rest" days are karate days! LOL!

Thank you for posting this thread.. it has given me the push to get back to it.

Last edited by KicknKnit; 02-17-2010 at 04:33 PM.
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote