Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #1  
resident lactivist

Thumbs up Another prodigal returning.

I don't remember the last time I logged in. Years, I know.

I've had a lot of stuff happen in my life since last I was a regularly participating member. The short version is: I had a miscarriage, I got divorced, my mother moved in with the girls and I, I went back to school (I'm a pre-nursing major at the moment, but I'm going to change it to Psychology), put the girls in public school, and fell in love & recently got engaged.

I have been meaning to get back on the wagon, and never quite getting around to it. I picked up a copy of All You Health & Fitness today at Wal-Mart while I was stocking up on healthier stuff to eat, and saw a blurb on the cover about an article on women who reached their goals with free diet websites. That reminded me of 3FC, and how well I was doing when I used this site to keep myself on track!

I'm kind of guessing as to my start weight. I don't have a working scale at home, and the last time I weighed myself was last year; I was at 208 then. I've gained some since, but not much. My ticker has my first goal--180, which is about where I was when I fell off the wagon hard. Ultimately, I just don't want to outweigh my fiancé anymore--he's a scrawny little thing; he weighs 160.

Erik, my fiancé, and I are sort of TTC (I say sort of because he lives 5 hours away; you can imagine that doesn't lend itself to getting together around ovulation time). I have PCOS, and my easily visible symptoms are worsening. I'm not entirely certain I am actually ovulating these days. At any rate, I just started charting for that, and I know from past experience that controlling my eating is the key to maintaining fertility.

I'm going back to a modified form of SugarBusters, which has worked for me in the past. I'm modifying it because I'll be eating some not-canon convenience foods as I transition into better eating--it's been a really long time since I ate really well, and I've got a huge sweet tooth. I have a YMCA membership, and my schedule this term is such that I get out 2 hours before the girls are off school; the Y is very close to campus, so no excuses!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Welcome back And congratulations on all the wonderful things happening in your life
Cethlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi GBMM!
Hey, life happens and whew! you've sure had a lot happening - it sounds like you're back on track and ready to go - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you back with us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums.Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Maybe check out the Dieting with Obstacles for otheres dealing with PCOS.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote