Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #1  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi guys! I'm new :)

Hey all,

I'm Nichole, I stumbled across this website doing a google search for weight loss tips and im really glad I did because I could really use a good support system! Let me tell you my story, (I swear I will try to make it quick lol)
I'm 20 years old and married, my husband is 22 and is in the Army. We are currently stationed in South Korea until 2012. We are raising a 15 year old. My mom passed away in September and we took custody of my teenage brother, so he lives here in Korea with us. I have never really been 'skinny' but I was a healthy weight in high school. I now weigh 206 pounds (was 210 but I have lost 4 pounds!) My final big goal is to lose 76 pounds and weigh 130 lbs. My mini goals are to lose at least 20 pounds by March 31st. (My moms b-day)
Weight loss is a struggle for me because I love food and hate excersice, I know I know thats the reason im fat lol It also doesnt help that my husband and my brother can eat ANYTHING they want without gaining an ounce! My plan to lose weight is to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout and start tracking my calorie intake (I started tracking a couple weeks ago but kinda stopped so I need to get back into that habit!)
Anyways sorry to ramble! Hope to talk to you all soon!
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Welcome Shortie! Keep coming back! This is a great place!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #3  

Location: Charlotte, NC;--------------------------------------------> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=847659493

S/C/G: 237.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Nichole,

I just want to give you a hug! Sending you virtual hugs!

We can do it together. I can tell you are a strong woman (like me), even though sometimes we think we are weak. We're not. We can overcome!
princesslisa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/280/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Nichole! I'm new here also. It sounds like you have had a bit of upheaval in your life in the past year. Bless your heart for raising your brother! I know what a struggle it is to lose weight. I've been fat most of my life. It looks like there is good support on this forum, so I know we can do it this time! Keep forging ahead! Good luck!
dgillygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #5  
Proud Royal Marine Wife!

S/C/G: 212.6/204.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Nichole! I just joined at the beginning of the week. This is a fantastic site with some great people! So sorry about your mother, but what a wonderful thing you and your hubby are doing...raising your brother. You sound like a strong person, so I am certain you can do it! Good luck and welcome! xx

Last edited by LivyBell; 01-29-2010 at 06:29 PM.
LivyBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome, Nichole! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Nicole!
You certainly have had a lot of changes, so sorry about the loss of your mother - how lucky you and your brother are to have each other but I'm sure there are many challenges not to mention being in Korea -sounds like you're off to a great start with a good plan to reach your goals - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 20 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Check out the Calorie Counters - they are a great group with lots of advice and very supportive.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #8  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Welcome.
You have come to the right place for support. I have been here almost a month and have been loving it. It's addictive because you find that there is someone here that has been at your point weakness and got past it and can help you. I have been doing the 30 day shred and making lots of progress. I count calories and it's much easier than I thought it was going to be.

One of the great things about 3FC is when you are having a hard day no matter why, there is always support.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote