Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #1  
Ericabauw

Smile New Here and I'm cracking down!

Hi!

So I'm trying the dreaded new years new diet thing. but it feels different this time. My boyfriend is leaving for a semester abroad and it's my goal to lose 30-40 pounds in the 5 months that hes gone (he eats such junk i feel like while hes not home to influence me is the perfect time to really crack down haha)

So far I've eliminated candy, soda, ice cream, red meat, and french fries from my diet completely and I'm going to start working out 5 times a week when I get back to school, at the gym, on the elliptical, or doing yoga or cardio dvds.

i also started cutting my portions in half.

It's a lot to start but I'm a bit impatient and I really want results fast. I also think I'm going to need a lot of help which is why I joined this site! I hope theres some people out there that wanna join in my fat fight!

-Erica
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #2  
Can't read my poker face

Smile

Hey I'd love to join in. Yeah I'm starting out the whole new years diet thing too. It's been awhile 2009 wasn't a good time for me and it was just all about gaining the weight vs. 2008 which was glorious. Be careful though not to lose it so fast. I know your impatient as which I am, but sometimes losing it too fast will only come back to bite you in your *** and by then it'll have gotten a big bite because you gain so much more back after a crash diet (it's happened to me). But I'd love to help you and you help me. Your plan so far sounds pretty good. So I def hope the best for you!

Peace Love and Gaga!

Walk, Walk fashion baby work it move that ***** crazy!
Patchouligroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #3  
Ericabauw

yeah 2009 was an amazing year for me but a VERY fattening one. i spent a semester in london and a month in italy and greece so my diet for half a year was pastas beers cheeses breads and fried meat. i gained a lot of weight and i reallly am not proud of that.

im actually excited about this. i was so proud of myself today i went over to my bfs house and we have this tradition of getting each other iced teas and a bag of candy sometimes but this time i opted out of candy and stuck with my rules and bought pretzels. like its amazing how following your diets and doing it well cna make you reallly proud of yourself i feel so good!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Erica!
Yeah, boyfirends can certainly sabotage the best of intentions - how smart to do this while he's away - the changes you've made should give you great results but be sure to make your priority health and not just a number on the scale - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 20 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Erica, and welcome!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:38 AM   #6  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

Hello. Welcome. you will find all the support and friendship you need on here, and loads of laughs too
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #7  
Ericabauw

Thanks for the support! I've already been feeling better on this diet, and I can't wait to start exercising at school (my school has a free gym but its about 45 minutes from home so I have to wait until I move back on Sunday). I feel like I need to eat less to be full and I haven't been snacking like I used to.

I really appreciate all the words of wisdom!!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #8  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I hear you! My husband is a junk food junkie, he can eat anything and never gain a pound. The only thing, he never leaves. And he really doesnt even try to support me. Without all the temtations in the house, you'll do great.
I also just started to get more sereous about losing wieght. I am going though a sugar detox right now and wow it is hard, especially in this household!! Good luck, we can do this!!
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #9  
Ericabauw

What I did today was carry a water bottle around like a baby bottle haha. Whenever I got hungry i just started chugging down water. I went through six bottles today, one whole one while my oh-so-cruel boyfriend made me watch a show on Philly cheesesteaks (being from philly its my favorite food on the planet. also another food ive given up for a few months!). the water bottle surprisingly worked