Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #1  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Hi everyone!

I found this site a few months ago and was really excited. I signed up and then forgot all about it..and never did lose any weight.

But! I am back and hoping this time around things will be different. I am 22 years old, 5'4" and last time I stepped on a scale I was around 260. Needless to say thats the highest I have been my whole life. Back in high school I was around 215 and managed to drop down to 165. But ever since freshman year od college I just blew up. Of course I was unhappy with myself but recently it has started to effect my menstrual cycle and I was put on birth control, which I never wanted to be on. And I can barely look at myself in the mirror without crying and I hate taking pictures of myself...something I used to not mind.

So starting today I will try...again! For the millionth time. I hope to meet some great people on here and I hope you will all be my inspiration. Take care and happy holidays!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #2  
Alicia is doing this <3

S/C/G: 267/267/190

Height: 5ft 11

Hiii firecracker!!

How are u?

I feel the same as you, I hate pictures..they make me want to be sick..but taking the first step is the best thing..
Ive only been on here a couple of days..but Ive spoken to some amazing people who have provided me with advice and an amazing welcome.

you can do this.
hope to speak to ya soon

Star85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Good luck! I completely understand what you mean about the pictures. Seeing a picture of myself was what got me started. Somehow, I just never looked that big in the mirror. Well, cameras don't lie and I saw what everyone else was seeing when they saw me. I was mortified! We are all here for you!
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Misery loves company. I am back again. In 2006 I lost about 80 pounds and was just under 200. Since then, I have gained that back, plus a few more. I am at my highest weight ever right at the moment and it makes me sick. Alls we can do is start and take one day at a time, or in my case, one hour at a time. I did this before, I can do it again, and you can do it too! You have come to the right place for support. Check in daily, this site makes me stay on track....if I deviate, I get lost. So, welcome Ms. Firecracker!!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Firecracker!
There's many of us here (again) having lost and then gained it back (and more) so welcome. Sounds like you're back on track with determination -the support you need is here.

Glad to have you back with us! As you know, -there are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! I ilke that there's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #6  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad I found this site!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #7  

Hi, Firecracker777

I feel the same as you, too.. Hate the pictures of mine.

I am new here too, so i hope drop down some pounds in the next few months.

Good luck
Sally76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote