Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/189/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello, new and happy to be here :)

Hi everyone! I've been working on changing my life for about a month and a half now. Everything kind of snapped into place for me in early November when I was at the zoo with a friend and my daughter and he asked me if I have health insurance for myself and I said no I didn't. It's complicated story lol but to sum it up I'm a single Mom and shortly after I left my ex my daughter was diagnosed with autism. I've had to totally devote myself to her needs and atm that means putting myself last in some ways. But I realized that as proud of myself as I am for making 'sacrifices' for her I am not making the biggest one in taking care of myself as well as I can. I've lost 16 so far but I would really like to get to 150's by or before June. I want to proudly go swimming with my daughter next year and tag those facebook pictures from my friends parties with pride!

I am already feeling better, I was always kind of afraid to try and exercise because I thought it would make me more tired then I already was trying to keep up with the kiddo some days, but surprise it was just the opposite.
I know how important support is so I'm really excited to be here!
okgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

It's funny how life changes sometimes step in the way of us taking care of ourselves. Well, not FUNNY exactly, it's sad! I think almost anyone can relate. I hope you're proud of the 16 you've lost and that you stay focused!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi okgirl!
Sounds like you're off to a great start - I know you'll be successful in your quest for a healthier and happier you, not only for your daughter but also for yourself - the support you need is here!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote