Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #1  
leslie

S/C/G: 202.6/202.6/150

Height: 5'7

Cool Ip as my last hope

Hey there,
Just found this site and thought I might find some support here. I started ideal protein diet a week ago and was wondering if other people had tried it and were successful. I have been trying to lose weight for a couple a years now bu without much success since I have gained it was everytime. Tried mincavie, training by myself at the gym, I am currently with a private trainner for the past year and a half, but still didn't get the results I want. As my trainner told me, one of my biggest issue is my work. I am a nurse, I work on nights and teach on days 2 times a week so not much regularity in sleep, hours of meals and so on..
Hope to meet some people who might have experienced the same thing...
Leslie
Leslie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Never heard of mincavie...I have done the personal trainer thing...and I have tried a load of other ways... here I am today... making friends that I have never heard their voice... and learning tons about my weight and eating and not eating and exercising and BEING ME!

Welcome. Keep coming back.

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/135/125

Height: 5'3"

my mom is a nurse!
anyway... can you bring a lunch box to work with you? Yes, it takes a little time to prepare it at home. But maybe you could fill a lunch box with healthy and quick meals or snacks that you could drop by and grab every 3 or 4 hours. Especially good is pairing a small portion of lean meat with some veggies. This will keep your metabolism up throughout the day, and with all that walking around and staying on your feet that you do, you should be able to burn more calories more consistently!
DarlinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  
Be happy.

Hi Leslie! It's nice to meet you.

I don't know much about Ideal Protein, but there are ladies here who do... Have you seen this section yet? Other Reduced Carb Diets

This site is great, I've gotten so much great advice and encouragement and made so many friends already and I only joined in October. Settle in and make yourself at home.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #5  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

There is a GREAT group of use doing IP with alot of success. I would recommend going to the top of the 3FC sight, hit the search button & search for Ideal Protein. There are links to how it works, monthly threads, recipies & so much more. I have been on it almost 3 weeks & lowered my chol by 40 points, lost 16lbs & feel great!
Good Luck, Meghan
MeghanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Leslie!
Sounds like you're ready to get going - good luck with your goals - we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different plans to help you get through the ups and downs - there's even one for IP that would be of interest to you (look under Carb Counters/Other Reduced Carb Diets).

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 11-24-2009 at 02:25 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Leslie and welcome to 3FC. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/188/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Leslie,

I am new to 3fc too, there is alot of info here on Ideal Protein....thats what I am doing too...I had my first weigh In yesterday...I lost 5 lbs and right at 13 inches...

I felt the same way, that this may be my last hope....but so far its going good!

Good Luck
Victoria
louisianagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #9  

Smile Keep Going!!!

The Ideal Protein Program is the best! In only 9 weeks, I have lost a whopping 35 pounds! Keep going, you won't be sorry! Good luck!
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Come and join us at the Ideal Protein section of 3FC we are like a big bunch of friends and frienemies lol. You will learn alot and have a great motivational team behind you! IP rocks I lost 35 lbs in 3+ months.
Pegsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie29 View Post
Hey there,
Just found this site and thought I might find some support here. I started ideal protein diet a week ago and was wondering if other people had tried it and were successful. I have been trying to lose weight for a couple a years now bu without much success since I have gained it was everytime. Tried mincavie, training by myself at the gym, I am currently with a private trainner for the past year and a half, but still didn't get the results I want. As my trainner told me, one of my biggest issue is my work. I am a nurse, I work on nights and teach on days 2 times a week so not much regularity in sleep, hours of meals and so on..
Hope to meet some people who might have experienced the same thing...
Leslie
I started Ideal Protein on 3/20/11, had my first weigh-in yesterday, and lost 6 pounds. This was after 2 years of trying everything else and still gaining. Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be very successful on it! See you around, and make sure you take a look at the IP threads for help, support, and great recipe ideas!

Welcome.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Ive never heard of that but welcome to the group and were glad to have you with us!
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote