Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #1  
rainy

Talking Inline skating anyone?

Just to say, I learnt that late, was already 18 at the time, but just wanted to learn.
Anyways, when putting on weight I had to stop that because it seemed as my knees-ankles-feet didn't like to carry my weight while trapped in the skates, lol.
Anyways, I would love to restart now...though I need some more info and cannot find much on the internet. Something like how many calories are spent per hour, and if it should be considered cardio exercize, and if ti works to tone up legs/butt/tummy...
I've always seen it as fun only, though it could be seen as exercize too, maybe...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Inline Skating: Muscle and Fitness
Exercise to Get Fit and Build Muscles

Inline Skating workouts are good for strength training, fitness and muscle building. They help to develop several muscles in the lower body.
Inline Skating: Muscle Development

Inline Skating workouts are useful for bodybuilding and muscle-building, as they strengthen and develop the bottom, hips and leg muscles. In addition, they work the gluteal muscles, specifically the gluteus maximus. They keep the hip flexor muscles flexible and develop the hamstring muscles (the biceps femoris, vastus latoralis and semimembranous muscles). Also the quad muscles, the vastus medialis, vastus intermedius, vastus lateralis and the rectus femoris are developed.
Inline Skating: Fitness Benefits

Inline skating fitness workouts help to build lean tissue, burn body fat and develop a flat belly. They also help to raise resting metabolic rate.
http://www.calorie-counter.net/muscl...ing-muscle.htm
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #3  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

http://www.inlineonline.co.uk/benefits.htm

this one is even better but yes it is a great way to burn calories
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #4  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

You've just reminded me of another thing to add to the list of "Things to do after reaching my goal weight"! I never was very good at it but as a teenager we would go to the skating rink and skate there. I loved it! It was so much fun! I can't do it right now because I'm to heavy and it hurts my knees. Just another incentive to keep going, I can' wait!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote