Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/180/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Getting back to dieting and exercising after a full month

As the sub line says: I "fell of the wagon" of diet and exercise which I'd followed so well in Jan & Feb. It was not because I hated dieting nor especially exercise but I got more involved with a man I've been seeing, which is nice, and my schedule was just turned over with lots of dates, etc.

So, any suggestions or support to get me back to eating better and back to the gym would be appreciated. I think I've gained 2 pounds, but no more.

Thanks,
Fluffy
JustFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #2  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I'm right there with you. I just went over my progress charts and realized it took me the entire month of March to lose three whole pounds. *sigh* Back on the stricter workout schedule and better eating routine for me! LOL
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330 / ? / 165

Height: 5'8"

You can do it, Fluffy! The wagon done left me in the dust for the last year and I gained everything back that I lost (30lbs), but now I'm gradually starting to get back on track. Let's do it, girl!!!
nhickcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #4  

@nhickcox: I totally understand, I've regained at least that much if not more during my yo-yos.

We can keep each other honest, 'cause we know we can do it, we've done it before!

@freshmanweightorbust: so, what's your plan?

Thanks to both of you for the support. Now I've just gotta get my butt to the gym...
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm in the same boat but i also let him know i can't eat stuff with alot of sugar. so we eat in alot, you can still eat out just have to plan if you know where your going. as a bonus we take long walks in the evening after dinner and just talk so that helps with the exercise that i miss otherwise.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #6  

@me4life: thanks, I let myself eat way too much crap this month and allowed hanging out with him be an excuse, though he'd never get in the way of my wanting to eat more healthfully.

I really like your idea of "exercising"; ) together. We both like long walks so I'll incorporate that and get the focus away from restaurant food.

It's funny, my state of mind about dieting and even exercise wants to change now that I'm seriously dating somebody. I think the devil on my shoulder wants to say,"Well, he likes you at this size so..." Luckily the angel n the other side has been heard too.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #7  

I have/had a similar situation with my boyfriend, which I have more or less rectified at this point. It was a combination of "too cold in my basement" and "I Like Him!". So, if you are having issues finding time to get to the gym, this is what I did for myself.

We see each other probably 5 times a week. It would be more, except I have RESERVED monday for the gym, for sure, and tuesday I have a long standing evening activity that he does not go to. Recently, I have been going to the gym after that, as well.

That was how it was, from January into March, just Monday and tuesday, and not even every week. I don't care if he sees me exercise, so sometimes I would do the 30 day shred while he was over, but not with any regularity. In March, I said, THIS SUCKS I HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT IN A MONTH and told him I need to go to the gym more, sorry, and started going after work 1-2 more days a week, and making sure I went all the mondays and tuesdays, too. On thursday and friday, I just meet him AFTER I go to the gym. I still see him 5 days a week, I get in my workouts, and it is paying off weight wise, after just 3 weeks of kicking it up again.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #8  

You rock! This is exactly how I'll incorporate it. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #9  
Life Is Good

S/C/G: 235/219/165

Height: 5'5''

I did the same thing at the end of March. I did so great with dieting and working out (was going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week for 90-120 minutes)

During the last two weeks of March I went to the gym one time.

I just had to tell myself; "Ok, you aren't starting over - you're moving forward. You're going to the gym today and you are going to just keep going!"

I gained 3lbs during my time off the wagon.
aidansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #10  
sugar is the devil

Would he be interested in getting a gym membership with you? Me and my boyfriend go and do workouts together (but here's where it gets confusing; we go to separate gyms. So I drop him off at his and I go to mine... ).

We also like to go on long walks and hikes together. For fun, we make our meals together so try to incorporate that into your night. It's a fun way to spend time together.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #11  

I kind of have to laugh at the timing of my posting because this weekend we had a disagreement which has spilled into this week. On Monday I was so emotional (and feeling pre-menstrual, or at least using it as an excuse) that I ate a large cheeseburger sub sandwich and mozzerella sticks. Oh, and three beers! Tuesday I got back on track with my diet and I've been walking each night: about a mile or two.

The good news is that I've designated tonight the "return to the gym" night.

At this point I honestly don't know if this relationship will last through this disagreement. We handle disagreements so differently and this particular one is quite big. However, all of your tips have been helpful and I'll know to incorporate them in the future. Also, it's been a great lesson for me regarding how to balance the new, healthy habits I need to follow and balance that with unexpected events (good or bad).
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #12  

P.S. I'm not cheating if I don't weigh myself tonight at the gym, am I? I'm bloated and probably have gained a few pounds. If the scale gives me a number I feel I can't handle it will possibly put in an awful, awful mood.