Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Med December Support

Okay ladies, I'm thrilled this our third month in a row of keeping a monthly support thread and it seems to have actually worked. This is going to be a challenging month for all of us with the parties and people dropping off goodies at work, etc. I'm sure we will need to rely on each other for some support. Also great to have some new people.

Ninfa-let me know how the barilla experiment goes. I honestly can't tell the difference.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Hello,

Just wanted to let you all know that I saw the Sonoma book at the Dollar Tree chain the other day for $1.00. So, if anyone is looking for it you may be able to catch a deal.
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #3  

Hi ladies. I was having computer problems for a couples days but they seem to be resolved at least for the time being. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm planning to go out to dinner with one of my collegues from work tonight. We are going to a new Mediterranean restaurant in town.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/187/150-ish

Height: 5'9"

We had a Mediterranean restaurant here in town. Then the owner fired the chef and went out of town himself, leaving two high school students in charge. By the time he got back, nobody was eating there any more due to the really poor service and sometimes bizarre food they had been served.

This weekend has been challenging; it's revving up to the holiday season. Today we have church, the Nutcracker matinee, Christmas play practice, and a hockey game. I'm still on the diet but I'm resorting to the wrap quite a bit.

Good luck with all those holiday cookies, everyone!
inafog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #5  

I'm on call this week and I have to say it has not been my best eating week. Haven't been planning my meals and it has gotten a bit haphazard. I need to spend some time and get back on track. I put my Christmas tree up yesterday and started putting on the lights. Trying to balance everything right now is getting challenging but I have to get my priorities in order.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #6  

Hope you are all doing well. I did make some barilla plus pasta last night so that is a step in the right direction. I do keep my breakfasts on track-I seem to at least have that one meal down.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I found this book at Dollar Tree for 99 cents and am reading it. I'm on the Biggest Loser program right now but I'm going to add in some ideas from this Sonoma Diet as I like it, and the recipes look really good. Not so sure about wine though, I can't ever seem to drink just ONE glass so need to keep it out of my house... somewhere I read what you can substitute for wine to get the benefits, like that Pom juice or something.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

I too found the book at the dollar store-great reading for a dollar-very informative, worth trying.
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #9  

Welcome to the new folks. I've been having computer problems recently and have not been as regular with my posting as usual. I'm afraid it has also resulted in some not as faithful eating habits either. I've been struggling with trying to do the Christmas thing, call, and managing my eating program. I need to try to keep it simple.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #10  

Alright all you Sonoma and Mediterranean dieters. Its a new week. I'm done my Christmas shopping so I have no more excuses. I still have some wrapping to do but that is far less stressful or time consuming. Look forward to hearing from you all this week.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #11  

How's everyone doing this week? My week has not been as stress free as I was hoping. I guess it is this time of year. How is everyone else survivng all the holiday temptations?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #12  

Been quiet on this thread. I suppose that is to be expected with the holidays just around the corner. Hopefully we will all be back with lots of enthusiasm and maybe even a few more people in January. I find I'm still mindful of the Sonoma/Med principles even if not everything I'm eating is 100% on plan. If I don't hear from you all again this week-have a great Christmas. I'm working this holiday. Will help keep the calories under control at least.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/163/125

Height: 5'4"

I have been researching diets and decided to try this one, it seems plausible, and I will still be able to cook for my hubby. I am a newbie to the Sonoma diet, I haven't even bought the book because of a snowstorm has kept my small town shut down. I am hoping to start as soon as posible. Can anyone give me enough info to get started on wave one for a few days until the roads are clear enough to get to a bookstore? I would really appreciate it. I have decided not to wait for the new year. I am feeling way too fat to fit in my clothes and would rather not buy a larger size just now. So I guess, all in all I am asking for some help and supprt!
CutieRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Default New Reading the Sonoma Diet Book

Reading the book now. Yes, I got the book at the Dollar Store too!! Woo-Hoo a bargain. Will be starting Wave 1 on January 2nd. Have plans for New Years so I'm not going to start and then restart. How did everyone find Wave 1???? Was it easy or hard and were you tired, it kinda reminds me of Atkins but its only 10 days so I think I can do it. The food seems good and healthy and I need something to slim my waist (if you can call it that) I need some advice thank god this thread seems to be monthly so we can just check in and I did find some Wave 1 recipes as well. Just checking in look for me in the next few weeks I'm sure I'll need your guidance and support.
oceanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/163/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the dollar tree hint, I finally made it out to the store and lo and behold, they had it there. So I will read it and get ready to start wave one the 2nd of Jan. I really need to get going on this I feel FAT and my darling husband is not too thrilled with the curves that seem to have sprouted in the wrong places!
CutieRenee is offline   Reply With Quote