Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #1  

Default balance core meals ?? should i eat these combinations together or not???

Hi, I am a life time member with WW, and had stopped going to the meetings a few years ago... now i am up in my weight and have started back again...my only problem is i would like to do core, i just can't get my ww leader to give me the info i am looking for! i dont know if she doesnt understand how the core works OR she doesnt understand what i am asking her.....I work in the food service industry and everything i know comes back to a balance diet, and what we do in my job is (hospital dietary) a balance meals
example--
breakfast
1/2- 1 protien
1 starch
1 fat
1 dairy
1 fruit ( juice or a fresh fruit)

dinner--
1 protien
2 veggies
1 fruit
2 starch
1 fat

supper
1-1/2 protien
2 veggies
1 starch
1 dairy
1 fruit

for some reason this only makes sense to me to eat a BALANCED meal!
but when i ask her for recommendations it just like a wall goes up !.. i have lost 14 lbs by doing this and i have saved my fruit or dairy(yogurt) for in between snacks. can i eat more then this or this enough?(sometimes im stll hungry)
does anyone have an opinion on this..it just fustrates me i am paying her for help and getting NONE!
sorry for ranting...and thank-you for letting me!..lol
my2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

If you have lost weight doing this, then it works. I wouldn't worry about the leader's point of view.

If you're still hungry, then you might see what drinking more water does for you. Or, choose a fruit snack that it also low calorie.

You're welcome to join us on the Core Chat thread anytime.

Good luck,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I'd second what Rhonda said - if you're losing weight then something is working. However, the point of Core is to make sure you are satisfied with what you're eating. If you feel always hungry and aren't happy with that, drink water or find a low-cal snack to keep you until your next meal. Fruit, vegetables, ff popcorn...

But what you're saying makes perfect sense. Don't worry too much about what your leader doesn't understand, if it works for you, run with it!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, what if i wanted more chicken?? i usually have 2-4 oz per meal.. so it is ok to have say 6-7 oz per meal? or an extra potato (are these core)..ive counted them as core.i guess what i want to know is sould i be limiting certian food groups?
my2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

With Core you start with one serving then eat till you are satisfied but not too full. It's okay to have 6-7 oz lean meats per meal. You're limited to one serving to potato (or other listed starch) per day. I think yu'd need to count points if you had another.

What you're doing now is working well. Just hang in there.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #6  

You would have loved the WW Exchange program - I did. One thing is that you should have one serving and then if you are still hungry, go back for more vegetables before having more protein or starch. I try for 3 ounces of protein for lunch and 6 for dinner. Good luck!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote