Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  

Default depressed, but determined to change.

Hi, i'm 19 years old, just started my university life. I'm around 60 kg, height 1.58 m. I'm not THAT fat you see, but all the girls around me are so thin, and I can't help but feel really ugly and unattractive when I'm with them. I've been fat since I was 13 years old, I've tried various diets and exercised really hard, but the weight aint coming off, I even got fatter, perhaps because of being on and off different diets. I tried to 'love and accept myself' but really I don't want to accept the fat me coz I know I can be thinner, I can look better. It really depresses me how people around me keep making fun of me, criticizing me, and the worst thing was, guys usually rank me as one of the most unattractive girls (I'm in this group where the guys love to rank the girls, like, the top three most attractive girls, and the most unattractive girls). It doesnt help that I had just a bad haircut, which doesnt really suit me, and I look even fatter now.

I make a resolution to myself to really try as hard as possible from now onwards, I'm sure I will be able to reach my goal weight of 50 kg by my upcoming birthday (30th Nov). I promise myself to always be optimistic, work hard to get this outcome, and keep going no matter what obstacles I may come to face. By then my hair would have grown back, and I know I will be able to be proud of myself then.

Please, do lend me your support Thank you very much..
missdimples19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I really think you have an unhealthy view of yourself. Losing weight shouldnt be to 'fit in' with the thin and beautiful girls, especially when you're beautiful too. I'll guarantee you that those guys probably fancy the butt off you. Guys tend to be b*******s to people they like.

Anyway, good luck losing weight but please dont do it because you feel inferior to the people around you.

Last edited by Spoz; 08-11-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

welcome to 3fc missdimple.
I was in the same situation with you. I wasn't really fat, but all of the girls around me just THINNER than me, and so everyone around me keep saying "you're fat, ugly, you need to lose weight" to me. But after awhile, i started to do exercise for my health and my "future children". That might sounds weird but I want exercise to become part of my daily working, and my children will see that and will start to exercise daily too. I want to be a healthy and nice model for my future children.
Anyways, i'm sure you'll find lots of supports from this site on your way to achieve success. Also, check out 20-something group. It's a group where lots of people around your age would chat and help and support ea.other.
Also, choose one method of dieting that work for you. I prefer calories counting. If you want to lose weight, don't starve yourself. Eat enough, exercise regularly and you'll be fine.

Also, I think that keep track of whatever you eat, and whatever you exercise might help you too.

Hope to hear your progress soon.

Last edited by Annita; 08-11-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Hi i am 19 too and in college and it is def hard to be around ppl who are thinner...i think that if you are unhappy then you should take the appropriate steps to become happy...as you have by joining this website....I wish you luck and i am here for support! I am also new to this website
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

missdimples! I completely agree with the advice the others have given you. True beauty comes from within, anyway. Don't waste your life on trying to live up to someone else's standards, you have to do this for yourself. You'll find lots of support and encouragement here, and I wish you the best on your weight-loss journey. We're happy to have you and look forward to getting to know you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #7  
k8t
k8t

Default howdy

Hi Miss Dimples!
The longer I live, the more aware I am that many of those super thin people have eating issues of their own. (Grass is always greener...) Learn to love yourself, and the world will follow.

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #8  

Yeah...what they said!

Anyway, welcome to the group!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-13-2008 at 07:50 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote