Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #1  

Question Walking Shoes?

Hey Y'all,

I've really been having trouble with my feet lately... of course, the extra 60 lbs doesn't help, I guess. Neither does turning 50 last year! All of a sudden it's really painful on the bottom of my feet to walk extended distances. I have a wide foot that tends to roll out, and high arches and instep. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jayden
Jayden Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

I have a wide foot with high arches and I have always bought New Balance or Aesics. I also went to a running store to get fitted properly. That made a huge different because I was buying my shoes to small in the toe... good luck and hapy shoe shopping (my favorite vice).
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

That's exactly what you need to do Jayden is go get fitted. Brand isn't the important factor here, because shoe styles vary so much within a brand and everyone's feet are different. What may be comfortable to someone else with wide feet and high arches could fit you terribly.

Definitely get fitted. My old shoes (New Balance btw, which are a good shoe maker, just the shoe didn't fit me right) gave me blisters on my heels and the bottoms of my feet. On the other hand my new running shoes (Nike) are extremely comfortable.

The main difference between those shoes? I was professionally fitted for the Nike ones.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #4  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Check for bone spurs, plantar fascitis

You may need to run your feet (LOL) by your doctor. Bone spurs and plantar fascitis are really painful when you walk...I have had both in the past year. Much better now after injections and physical therapy and better shoes. Yes, go get fitted by a professional and consider wearing ecco shoes - all styles from dress to athletic. www.ecco.com

Hope you're having a good week.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote