Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  

Unhappy im so upset i could cry!!!!!!!!!!!

goodmorning everyone,
well my name is anna and im new here ,
my weight is 134 pounds and 5'1 ,39 years f age.......

my story goes like this 2 years ago i purchased a treadmill i was 134 pounds like today so i started DOING it everyday and lost aklot of weight about 16 pounds in about 5 months i was not watching what i was eating but never ate alot of junkfood ,pretty much ate well ......then all of the sudden a year into the exercise i stopped loosing that was ok also atleast i was not gaining right? well 1 year later i hAVE GAINED ALL THE WEIGHT BACK AND NEVER STOPPED EXERCISING ??????? SO NOW 2 WEEKS AGO I JOINED THE GYM DOING WEGHT LIFTING AND CARDIO I GO 5 TIMES A WEEK 3 DAYS WEIGHTS AND 2 DAYS CARDIO AND HAVE NOT LOST NOTHING MAYBE EVEN PUT ON A POUND ??? PLEASE IM SO FRUSTRATED SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE AND MY CLOTHES DO NOT FIT IM TRYING REAL HARD BUT NOTHING CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I JUST SO DEPRESSED DO NOT GO ANYWHERE BESIDES THE GYM DISTANCED MYSELF FROM FRIENDS BECAUSE IM SO FRUSTRATED NOTHING WORKS WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME ? SEEMS LIKE WHEN I WAS NOT SO CAREFUL ABOUT MY NUTRITION I WAS LOOSING OR MAINTANING LATELY I EAT SO HEALTHY AND ITS WORSE, I DRINK 3 LITRES OF WATER A DAY ????

WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR REPLIES

ANNA
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC!
I'm sorry to hear you are so upset. It sounds like you're in a tough situation.
Do you know about how many calories you are getting a day? Are you getting at least 1200?
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

You need to take a breather. For your height youre only like 2 lbs overweight. Maybe your body is just happy at this weight and doesn't want to lose any more weight. It happens. Increase lean protein, increase fresh fruits and veggies and try different forms of exercising.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I would start tracking how many calories you are consuming. Sometimes eating healthy is not enough. Case in point, I got up to my highest weight on healthy food, just too much of it. fitday (.com) and thedailyplate (.com) are both great food diary websites, or if you prefer you can get a book with food counts and just write it out by hand.

Another thing to consider, as we age our metabolisms slow down. So in order to stay the same weight we need to exercise or eat less as we get older.

It may be that you've hit one of those shifts. Or it may be that you are eating a bit more and not realizing it. I'd check ho much you are eating before getting too upset. Sometimes you just have to tweak what you are doing to get the weight off.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi Anna,

I've read studies that sometimes, when people workout, they actually eat more (without knowing it) because they justify it with the fact that they worked out. Try to write down all of your food in a food journal...and calculate the calories. Try to break up your foods so that you're eating every two to three hours, to keep your metabolism burning calories. Also, 2 days of cardio is not enough. You should continue to do 3 times a week of weights, but do 5 days of cardio, so on some days, you'll do both. Also, how many calories are you burning during cardio? One pound of weight loss is equal to 3600 calories burned or not eaten. I try to burn 500 calories a day, but sometimes, I will only do 300 or 400, if I'm tired. Also, keep moving, even on days that you're not "working out." Try to eliminate sugar from your diet and cut down on bread. It's hard to say what more you could be doing without knowing much about you. Keep in mind that it takes time to lose weight. It took a year to put it on, so don't expect it to come off in one week. The great news is that you don't have a lot of weight to lose and if you can catch this before it goes any further, you'll be where you want to be very quickly. I think weight loss is very psychological, so don't let negative feelings weigh you down...just stay positive and push yourself. Do a higher incline on your treadmill...make sure you're really sweating.

I hope it all works out for you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Don't I know just those feelings. These chicks here are really good at this stuff. Just follow along....
Hang in there!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Anna, For most of us, "eating well, not a lot of junk food" really isn't enough to lose weight. Especially if you don't have a lot to lose. I suspect that you really need to start tracking your calories to see how much you eat each day. Have you ever counted calories to see how much you're consuming?

Also, our bodies get used to doing the same workout and get more efficient and burn fewer calories over time doing the same workout. Doing a different cardio and weight lifting is a great idea there.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ditto...you have to find out exactly how much you are eating. Even if calorie counting is not your long term plan, you have to find out where you are. I would track every morsel of food for at least 2 weeks to form a baseline.

I run marathons. I train a lot. I gain weight while training for marathons because more exercise makes you hungry. I can eat an unbelievable amount of food and still think I ate hardly anything at all.

Also...unless you are increasing your level of difficulty with your exercise you are not burning as much now as you used to.

Last edited by ennay; 04-30-2008 at 10:29 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote