Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #1  

Question Does this happen to anyone else

Every day i do my walk /run for abt 3 hr's than i come home get my bike a ride for abt another 1.5 to 2 hr's, when i'm done my face is red and i'm all sweaty (yuck). Once i get home and start to cool off, I'm freezing right down to my bone's. I have to get in the shower just to get warm again. I can't help but wonder why this is happening? Anyone have any idea's as to why this happen's.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Are you saying that you exercise 5 hours daily?? That's quite a bit... But to answer you question it's probably your body cooling because of working out for so long. I find that on cooler days I get cold to the bone, as you said, after a workout because I am all wet and sweaty, but as soon as I take a hot bath or shower I'm good...

Last edited by Ilene; 04-27-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #3  

wow- how do you possibly have time to exercise 5 hours a day! I find it difficult to get in 1 hour (but I do). Have you lost a ton of weight? Maybe you don't have much insulation anymore.
nolachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'10

I use to exercise 5 hours a day sometimes but I don't have nearly as much time anymore with school, work, acting and everything. How old are you? You don't really have to exercise that much. How often do you do it? I couldn't even do that much and I'm known to go to extremes a lot.

I was always cold when i was underweight. maybe you have a low body fat percentage. Are you getting your period?
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I get very red in my face after half an hour on the treadmill (if I jog - not so much if I fast-walk).
Are you serious about this being your daily routine? If you ARE putting this much time and effort into it on a daily basis (personally, I think it is too much) I think you should throw in more variety. Aren't your leg muscles sore??

When I get off the treadmill, I head straight to the shower because I totally drenched in sweat. I do have to dress warmly afterwards because I feel chilly, too.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #6  

I never looked at it as being 5 hr's a day.and i just started the jogging if you want to call it that, i'm really slow runner, I don't alway's get to ride my bike,because of the weather it's not yet all that nice at time's. But yes i do this just abt everyday. If i can't get outside i get on the treadmill for at least 5 mile's (wish i could get the dog to get on it). My leg's are not sore but my feet get that way, my arches have fallen many yr's ago so i have to tape them. today i'm taking a rest day, i have too, I need to catch up on some wash & house work. I started doing this when we got a puppy, we have a 3yr old black lab who has doggie adhd, and without a walk she drive's us /mostly me crazy,lol..
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote