Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #1  

Unhappy When will i start to see some results

I have added jogging to my walk's every day last 3 or so wk's, and hb & i bought bike's last week and have rode them 16 miles 4 x's, I can feel the improvement in my leg's But i still have yet to see the scale or the tape mesure move not one ounce or one inch This is nothing new even tho i was walking 8 to 10 mile's everyday last summer it was the same thing then too? (treadmill in the winter). I watch everything i eat (weight watcher's flex point's) so i just don't get it? maybe it's a weight my body is comfy with i don't know. If nothing else i know i'm doing something good for my heart. And it make's me feel good.

Last edited by chuckie; 04-14-2008 at 03:26 PM.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #2  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Without knowing how much you weigh and your height it's hard to judge if you're at your ideal weight or not. Are you happy with your current size or do you feel like you still have weight to lose?
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  

Rockstar87:
I'm 5'4 and my weight is 148, I'm not happy with this weight i would love to get down to 130. this current weight i am not happy with. Then i guess i should just look on the bright side & that i don't weigh 208 anymore,

Last edited by chuckie; 04-15-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #4  
Running Fiend.

Wow! You started at 208? That's AWESOME! Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself! Sometimes after losing so much weight the body freaks out and thinks you're starving it and refuses to drop any more fat. It's an evolutionary survival mechanism in case we go through periods of famine. What you might try is increasing your daily caloric intake by about 10% for the next few weeks (I think that translates to around 2 or 3 points in weight watchers). Try it for two weeks and see what happens. If you start losing keep your intake there from now on and if not you can always drop them back down after the two weeks. It's just a way of showing the body (after losing ALL that weight) that we're not starving it by giving it a little extra food. Keep up the exercise and see what happens.

That's the best I got! Hahaha. Hope it helps!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #5  

Rockstar87: Thank you for the advice, I will give that a try. What i failed to mention is that i have been stuck at this weight for over 2 yr's, To be honest i was/am have been afraid to increase my pt's out of fear that i will gain. But who know's it just might do the trick,like i said i will give it a try and see what happens.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #6  
Running Fiend.

If you've been plateaued for that long it's worth a shot, in my opinion. You can always cut back again. Just make sure to increase the points gradually (in terms of calories they usually recommend in 10% intervals). That should help you prevent any gains (or any major ones anyway). Let me know how it goes!
Good luck!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #7  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Not familiar with WW, but do you watch your carb intake? Sodium? Get enough water? You don't have to answer, I'm just trying to think of anything that might help.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #8  

Jamsk8r: Yep, you name it i watch it. I'm open to anything that might help, this as you can see has had me stumped for some time now.

I'm going to increase my pt's for a few wk's as rockstar has suggested and see what happens. If that does not help i'm thinking maybe i'll try something other than ww and see what happen's with that. Only problem is that ww has been so easy to do.

Last edited by chuckie; 04-16-2008 at 09:10 AM.