Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default New and looking for workout buddies

Hi everyone! I'm new here (just joined a few minutes ago).

I'm Heather, 31, married for almost 9 years to my dh and mommy to a 3 year old little girl. I'm still trying to lose the baby weight. Worked out really hard for about 6 months after she was born to only lose 12 pounds, got really frustrated with killing myself and lowering my daily food caloric intake and quit. Saw my doctor and found out I was hypothyroid. Got on meds for it, but didn't get the motivation to try the working out and eating right thing again... until now. I also have high cholesterol which I know eating right and exercising will help lower. I'm pretty active. I decided in December that I was going to lose this weight once and for all. I am matron of honor in my sister's wedding in August and I want to look good in that bridesmaid dress, not like a cow in a colorful sheet! I need to lose about 60 pounds to get to the average weight for my height. I'm currently 204, started at 208, have lost and gained a pound or two here and there since Dec 30 when I started. I am trying to limit my eating to 1600 calories per day... max! The food part of getting healthy is my biggest challenge. I love to workout, especially once I've gotten into a routine of actually doing it! I have a membership to a gym, see a personal trainer once a week and then try to go to the gym at least 3 times per week (my dh's work schedule determines when and if I make it to the gym when I want to). I also do Turbo Jam videos, Walk Away the Pounds and some Tai Chi and Yoga. I try to workout at least 5 times a week. Some days I do one workout, somedays I do two, depends on my mood. I am slightly addicted to working out.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. I'd love to make some friends who are on a similar path as I am who would like to be buddies to keep each other accountable. I look forward to chatting with you!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Heather! I'm still working on baby weight too, but my youngest DS is 8. Not sure how much longer I can use that excuse. LOL!

Sorry I'm not an exerciser, health reasons prevent me from participating.

Good luck!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #3  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Welcome, I too am trying to lose the baby weight. Mine is a long story, but I weigh 228 right now. My sister is getting married this upcoming July and she told me that I cannot be in her wedding because "fat people don't look good in yellow!" That comment really hurt my feelings, and it gave me a lot of strength to lose my weight. I have lost 10 pounds this month and I should be in the 160's-170's this July. I have NO intentions of ever being in her wedding, thin or fat!

I, too, love to work out. I try to work out 7 days a week, but I end up only going 6 days a week. I love the "mommy" time that the gym gives me and the feeling that I feel when I am done with the workout. I would love to become work out buddies with you
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #4  
Project Me!

S/C/G: 221.2/165.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Ahoy!

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey!
starbucksfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Heather, welcome!
Wow, you're off to a great start! Good for you.
Check out our Fitness forums for some exercise buddies... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Navywife, I would love to be workout buddies! Thank you for offereing! My hubby just got a medical retirement from the Navy last May.

Ellis, thank you for the advice about the other forums. I haven't had a lot of time yet to browse through and get familiar with the boards, but I'll certainly check out that specific forum. Thanks!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

heather!

I am an exercise junkie...come join us on the exercise boards!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote