Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #1  

Default Hello everyone (:

Writing from Sweden to say hello to everyone ^_^

I decided to join this site/forum, due to the lack of anything similiar in Swedish that doesn't take your wallet in exchange for the same thing. I think I can make myself reasonably understood in English anyway. So, I've anyway been struggling with my weight issues since... well, forever - I was always the fat kid being teased at school. I want to be able to walk outside the door without feeling like everyone's looking at me, and I want to be able to dress in ten minutes - not stand in front of the mirror for an hour, trying on my entire wardrobe to see which jeans makes my *** look as tiny as possible. I suppose it's a mental challenge aswell as a physical one - I simply want to like who I am and be comfortable in my clothes.

Hope to meet lots of nice people on here with similiar goals as myself ^_^
xxx Ellen
Fawchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Ellen!!!!
Look around Post where you're comfortable! There are a ton of people here who are or have been in similar situations.

Have you thought about what changes you're going to make? Food or exercise?

Let us know!

Best of Luck!!!!

PS - Your English is wonderful.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/169.8/130

Height: 5"5

Welcome! This site is great for motivation and support! Keep posting and let us know how your doing!
jestock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

Hi welcome

i found this site 3 weeks ago, it,s the best site ever. i am from scotland and we don,t have anything like this. stick with it.
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Fawchy!

Your English is fabulous - if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have known you weren't a native speaker, so relax about that.

What sort of plan do you want to follow? Most likely we have a group for it. We also have chat based on age range (20-somethings, 30-somethings, etc), so hop in wherever and get to posting.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #6  

Thank you for welcoming me It is really sweet.

I actually started making my changes two weeks ago, which consist of 20 minutes of jogging every morning and keeping my calori intake below 1500. So far, so good, but I tend to overeat when I get sad - which is my biggest obstacle. Positive thinking, positive thinking. I'll start with tryingto lose 17 kg, which I think that's about 35 pounds or something, but if (no, when :P) I reach that goal I want to keep on going. ^^

And I think I'll stick to this for a while. I've been a member for maybe half an hour, and it's already giving me a motivation boost. :P

xxx
Fawchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

welcome sweden!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #8  
I know I can do this

S/C/G: 283.4/278.2/220.0+

Height: 6' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawchy View Post
Writing from Sweden to say hello to everyone ^_^

I decided to join this site/forum, due to the lack of anything similiar in Swedish that doesn't take your wallet in exchange for the same thing. I think I can make myself reasonably understood in English anyway. So, I've anyway been struggling with my weight issues since... well, forever - I was always the fat kid being teased at school. I want to be able to walk outside the door without feeling like everyone's looking at me, and I want to be able to dress in ten minutes - not stand in front of the mirror for an hour, trying on my entire wardrobe to see which jeans makes my *** look as tiny as possible. I suppose it's a mental challenge aswell as a physical one - I simply want to like who I am and be comfortable in my clothes.

Hope to meet lots of nice people on here with similiar goals as myself ^_^
xxx Ellen
Welcome!!! I to think I've found the right place. We'll meet our goals together.
Mom2GarretandRyan is offline   Reply With Quote