Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default You will now pay for the C25K

This is Angie here (Gary's wife)
Just a heads up to those of you who follow the C25K program from CoolRunning.com
If you are not already aware, CoolRunning.com is affiliated with Active.com and there will be some changes starting December 12. The training programs, training logs, and forums will now be under Active.com.
I downloaded the C25K program FREE off CoolRunning.com, now if you want it you must go to Active.com and pay $19.95. I believe this also includes access to a training log.
Does anyone have any other information about this?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #2  

You don't have to pay. I have a cool running account and it will be merged into the active.com site. Besides, thousands of people have printed off the page with the c25k, so its not like someone doesn't have a copy somewhere.

The active.com site is free as well

I don't know why active.com has some kind of pay program for the couch to 5k - or other running programs - they are available for free on other running sites or in magazines.

I went to the site cool running site and looked at the transition faqs - the basic features are free. Upgrades will cost extra. Anyway there is a good training log (for free) on runnersworld.com. I don't really care for the active.com site right now.

Last edited by MissGiggles; 12-08-2007 at 11:36 PM.
MissGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

What?! This is ridiculous. I hope it will still be accessible on CoolRunning for free.

An alternative is the SportMedBC 10K program, if people want another free, online option.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote