Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default oh to have more money

I just joined Bally's gym...and with my membership...i got 4 free sessions with a personal trainer. I had my first one today...and it was GREAT! God how nice it would be to have someone kick my butt in gear once or twice a week...but i don't think the amount they charge, i could afford it. Oh well...i'm going to enjoy the free ones, get some suggestions and use it to my advanage
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

That's great! Get the trainer to help you put a really good plan together and then you can kick your own butt several times a week. A good plan and concrete goals will make all the difference!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Talk to your Ballys about small group training--you'd get the personal attention and the butt-kicking your looking for, but you'd be splitting the cost with everyone else in the group so it would be a lot cheaper. The groups at my Bally's are anywhere from 2 to 6 people. Ballys has just started their "weight loss challenge" so your gym should be in the process of forming groups now. My trainer just held his first weight loss challenge group session this week. And if your group wins the weight loss challenge, I think you get something like 8 free personsal training sessions.

You also might want to check out some of the free classes. My trainer teaches a free class on Thursday nights (I'm headed over for it in an hour). There are usually about 30 of us in the class, but I think everyone still feels like they got their butt kicked when it's over. And there are a number of other instructors at my gym that provide the same butt-kicking experience. And it's free--can't get more affordable than that.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

bluetoblue...thanks for the advice..i'm definately going to check it out..hopefully the one i go to has a similar program. that would definately work for me...anything is better than nothing.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Most gyms have a group strength training session. If you've met with the trainer ahead of time as one of your free sessions, they'll know your strengths and usually adjust the weight and your form while you are in the class.

You might try asking your trainer, during the sessions you have, "How would you make this harder" or "what do I do when this becomes easy". This will allow you to plan ahead and get some ideas for ramping up when you no longer have the trainer.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Another thought would be to just do one session per week with a trainer and work out on your own the rest of the time; it would still be very beneficial and might be more affordable for you. They should let you schedule as many or as few sessions per week as you want.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote