Height: 5`2

Question bread

How often do you eat bread?
Is it home made?
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I eat bread about twice a day. I tried making my own but gave up. I eat Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat. I've found it's the best tasting without being too heavy. There are a couple of not so great ingredients but none that are of consequence.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #3  

I pretty much gave up on bread except for rare occasions. I use ww la tortillas and ww pita bread as my primary bread sources. I personally like the stuff inside of a sandwich more than the bread part.

I've even starting making the communion bread for church with at least half whole wheat flour.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #4  

I also prefer the WW type "wrap" products, but I do love the Orowheat WW English Muffins!

In general....there's something about bread (or English muffins or whatever) that makes me feel fat/bloated!

I feel so much lighter when I don't eat it, I do eat brown rice and oatmeal and WW pasta without any bad effect, I was thinking maybe I have a sensitivity to yeast?
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #5  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I do eat bread - both my own and store bought. I have a breadmaker and make dough in that then shape and bake it myself. Generally I make WW bread - I just use the white bread recipe and substitute WW flour plus add a little pure gluten to help it rise better. This weekend I made rolls with WW flour plus 7 grain cereal - they got rave reviews from the kids. They were really filling too.

I try not to eat bread too often as it's something I can definitely have too much of though. No more than one meal a day, and usually less.

Right now I have bronchitis and no energy, so I admit to more bread (and less veggie dishes) than I'd like, but I just don't seem to have enough energy to cook. I'm not eating that much so it isn't a problem weight wise though.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote