Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello, happy to be here!

Well this is my first post, even though I signed up some time ago. I have several reasons why I'm wanting to lose my weight. First and foremost, for my health. My family history healthwise isn't too great; and my dad has had a recent health scare, that has also kicked me in my pants. Not to worry, dad will be okay, he will have to have a procedure done for one problem and monitor, monitor for the other.

Another reason, uhm I don't feel too comfortable with the way I look. Wearing clothes I don't look too bad; but put on a bathingsuit or just stand in my skivvies, yikes! The pregnancy fat from 4 years ago is still there, and I want it gone! Plus I will turn 40 next year and I want to look fab for it!!

And for the last reason, purely superficial, but I'm going to Mazatalan in 2 1/2 months and I would like to look better than I do now.

Not sure which way to go on the diet. Don't really eat a lot of bad food, but I don't get up and move as much as I should. Maybe counting calories is what I will start out with. Can I expect the tire around my stomach to go away? Will I have saggy skin there?

Thanks for reading!
mpumr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #2  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Hello mpumr! Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you, signing up awhile ago and.. trying to start again. I'm glad to hear your dad will be ok!! I also understand how you feel about the bathingsuit/skivvies thing. Summer is just the absolute worst isn't it?? I hope by next summer you (and me! ) will be saying how great we look AND feel!

Anyway I wish you a lot of luck on your journey here!!!!
xDas7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

I find that calorie counting works really well for me! www.fitday.com is an excellent source to calculate how many calories you consume. They have a database with the nutritional value of many foods, and allow you to enter the nutritional value of any foods not listed. It also enables you to track nutrients and weight loss and physical activity, among other things. I also gained most of my weight during a pregnancy, as well as parenthood. I'm a former athlete, and parenthood has completely precluded working out, while still consuming a high calorie athlete's diet. I nursed for 3-1/2 years, so think how much more I would weigh if I hadn't done that as well...

Anyway, welcome!
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Mpumr ~

Welcome to 3FC. ITA re: www.fitday.com It's easy and quick. Their food stats quickly gave me lots of info of exactly how many calories & fat I was eating. I thought I had a better idea ... but the info is surprising. It's quick to use and really helps. Free site.

Good luck! *passes a FF rice cake*
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote