Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #1  

Default Hi from Northeast Ohio

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lisa and I have been told by my doctor to lose some weight. I have tried for so long not to allow my weight to detour me from being happy. I tried to deny what it was doing to my body. Now I have PCOS and high blood pressure and am developing other health problems due to my weight. I am glad to find this forum that will provide support and friendship. I am a stepmother to a child that thinks of me as his mother. His mother has had nothing to do with him for the last 2 1/2 years. I have been unsuccessful in becoming pregnant and that is due to my weight and the PCOS. I consider it a priviledge and an honor to be a mother to my son Billy. I am very involved in my church and am very blessed with a wonderful church family. My doctor has given me a very simple goal of losing 2-3 lbs per month. I hope with the change in my eating and getting more exercise that I will be able to lose that and more. I am currently 100 lbs over the ideal weight for my height and bone structure. My doctor has told me that if I could lose 50 lbs of that I might not need to be on medications for my PCOS and that I may be able to become pregnant without help. I am excited to join your community as I embark on this new and exciting way of life.

Lisa
clb3js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #2  

Default Why won't my......

Why won't my signature show up? I have tried to add a weight loss meter to my signature and it's not there. I see it when I go in to edit my signature but I don't see it on my post. Can anyone help?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  

oh...there it is!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #4  
KAR

Hi Lisa,
Glad you came to 3FatChicks for support. I am sure that you will find a lot of great friendships and support here. You have taken the first step and that is to accept and admit that you need to lose weight. I am a stepmom too! I have a stepdaughter who is 11 and twin stepsons who are 9. Their mom is in the picture but not really willing to do much to help them with school and sports. It sure does get agriating (Sp) at times, does it? By the way, my name is Kerry. I am 34 years old. I have been trying to lose my extra weight for the last 5 years. I was down to 195 and then let the stress of my teaching job, family and other issues take control of my life and I gained 30 of it back. It is very difficult to take it off the second time. I belong to TOPS. It is a weight loss support group. You might want to check and see if there are any in your area. You can check out the website at www.tops.org
What part of Northeast Ohio are you from? I orginally grew up in a town called North Jackson, near Youngstown.
Good luck with you weight loss journey!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lisa,
welcome to 3FC!! I know you can do this!! Look at the support groups here and find a one that you like( I am at the 100lb one) , that helps alot. I had over 110 lbs to loose when I began in May and am down 38 lbs, it is hard, there are days I want to throw in the towel, but it is possible, and if you want it bad enough you can do it!!!
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

There is a PCOS group could be helpful to you, good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #7  

I live in Rittman which is near Akron. I love being a stepmother and he calls me mom. He is 7. He told me the other day that I am his "real" mom and he calls her his other mom. I have taken care of him since he was 20 months old. His mom has a lot of problems and just isn't capable of being a mother to him. She told my husband on several occassions that she was glad that I was here to take care of him and that she knew he was so much better off with us. I am glad that she recognized that. I am so excited to lose weight. When I first met my husband I weighed 180 lbs. and am now up to 240 (which is the most I have ever weighed) and I really don't want it to get worse. My husband is overweight and diabetic and I hope that some of my new eating habits may rub off on him. I don't have the money to join Weight Watcher or Physicians Weight Loss or any of the other programs so I am searching the internet for new ways to cook healthy foods and am trying to get myself motivated to exercise as I have been sedintary for the previous 4 years. Thank you for the excellent welcome and I look forward to chatting with all of you!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM   #8  
KAR

I know where Rittman is. It sure is a small world isn't. I am glad that your stepson has you to take wonderful care of him. It takes a special person to take over the care of someone else's child. Stay positive and upbeat and the weight will come off.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #9  

It definitely is a small world!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lisa! You're taking the first steps, which is so important. Keep up the great work and you'll be at your goal in no time!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 AM   #11  

Hi I'm from Lakewood Ohio.Outside Cleveland.My name is Naomi.No kids but I have a lot of weight to lose.This is my first post so I have to make an intro.I just wanted to say hi to my fellow Ohioans first.
Princess Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #12  

Default Hi

Hi Naomi, so glad to have you here.....isn't this weather we're having terrific?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #13  
KAR

Hi Lisa and Namoi,
So how are your weight loss journey's going so far? I have been tempted here the last couple of days. Went to a birthday party on Wednesday night and a wedding reception last night. So I have small pieces of cake at both affairs. Just hope that doesn't hurt me when I go to weigh-in on Tuesday.
Hope you are enjoying your weekends!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 335

Height: 5'4

Hello fellow Ohio-ans! I am in North Canton. 34 and married. I just joined the forums and am looking for extra support. I joined Bally's a year ago but just recently lost my workout buddy (she couldn't afford it any longer) so I need that extra kick in the rump to stay motivated.

Health issues I deal with include diabetes, sleep apnea, PCOS and infertility. I'm looking to drop 160 lbs over a years time span.

Good luck to all of you as you reach to achieve your goals!
stixx456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #15  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Northeast Ohio ladies! It is a small world- I'm in Kent! I'm a fan of hiking/walking outdoors but haven't lived in northeast Ohio very long. Any ideas of good places to walk or hike in our little corner of the world?

~Onyx
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote