Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #1  
CoraNaomiHarrison

Exclamation I Do Feel Dissapointed An I Am Wondering

Ok Last week was my first week and I went from 80kg down to 78kg I was soo happy after a wobbly start.
Tommorow is waight in day and I had a look at the scales today and I am at 79kg ish.
Our scales are on of them line things that goes across so not digitle so I am wondering weather its there fault.
Or if little things that I did not do this week but did do on my first week are begginning to make a diffrent for example this week I have not counted fruit/vedge calories.
Also I have not been taking accurate measurements of e.g milk...
Could his alone make such a massive impact ?
cora150892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

In short, yes.

Not measuring food is something that -some- people can do after a LOOOONG time of careful measuring. I still don't do it - I tend to make my portions larger if I don't measure carefully.

And fruit and veg calories not being counted can make a GIANT difference as well. In a normal day, I eat 300-400 calories of fruits and veggies...thats a lot of calories! Some veggies are very low, but most servings of fruit are 80-100 cals.

Some programs don't count veggies, like Weight Watchers. But that is because they have built 100-200 calories worth of veggies every day into the program.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cora150892 View Post
Could his alone make such a massive impact ?
Absolutely. But something tells me you already realized this or you probably wouldn't have asked.

Just like Mandalinn said, most days I consume 400 calories (or more) of veggies and fruit. Not counting it would DEFINITELY put me over my calorie range and therefore it would show up on the scale.

Gotta count those veggies. They're healthy and some tend to be low cal, others - not so much. Milk can be quite caloric as well. Gotta watch those portions.

Everything you put in your mouth has an affect on that scale. EVERYTHING adds up.

Just look at it as a learning experience. And move on.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I definately would include the fruit calories. They generally have way more calories then alot of veggies. I log in just about every thing that has a calorie. I don't really have a way of measuring like ounces so I have to guestamate (sp??) but i try for the higher number rather than the lower number. I'd rather it look like I have more calories than to have less.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote