Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #1  

Default back on track

hi everyone, I used to be here alot probably about a year ago.

I'd lost 26 kilograms (57.3 pounds) and at my highest weight was 105 kilgrams (231.5 pounds) and got down to 79 kilograms (174.2 pounds) this has taken about 1 and 1/2 years of slight up and downs I want to get down to 60-65 kilos (132.3-140.3 pounds).

In the last 6-8 weeks though I got incredibly slack, stopped exercising and basically eating junk as was working on a thesis at the time but no excuse ! I have finished and still in bad habits. Although I ate junk maybe once a month before I exercised regularly and it was balanced (running mostly and weights) and eating well all week, either monitoring intake on fitday.com (excellent site) or just personally.

Anyway I serioulsy feel like crap health wise (and even the other day the guy I'm dating I had jeans on and he ran his hands around my sides and I got really self concious because I feel fat! and flabby around my waist and I pulled away and he doesn't know I think that but it does effect your relationships and social situations doesn't it! but when you loose you feel great and I would be all over him!), as I have gained 6 kilos (13.2 pounds) in about 4 weeks of being slack.. so time to get back on track ! so I'm back here to get me back in business too and ready to get stuck into it again.

I've been battling with weight ever since I was a child (28 yrs old now) so I know my body VERY well, all I need to do is exercise daily say 30mins to an hour and eat about 1200-1500 cals a day, why is it so hard just to do that sometimes !

Back to it.. cheers !

Last edited by nature09; 06-09-2007 at 08:55 AM.
nature09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh you are like SO many of us. Yes, we know what to do, it's just HARD to keep on doing it. Weight and food for me will ALWAYS be an issue, I have no doubt about that. It's got to be a number one priority in my life in order to make it work. That's not easy to do day in and day out when life kind of gets in the way.

I'm glad to hear you are back on track after a slight derailment. These things are bound to happen from time to time. We just can't let it get too out of hand. It would be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste. Why is it we can't remember just how INCREDIBLE we feel when we eat better and are at a healthier weight? Your plan sounds like a good one. Good luck to you. You can DEFINITELY do this, I have no doubt.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #3  

thanks rockinrobin, I saw your pics you look great !!
nature09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! And join the club...I'd venture a guess most of us have been where you are today more times than we care to remember.

on getting back on track before regaining more. You know what you need to do, being here is proof you have the will and the know how.

Cheers - looking forward to hearing more from you.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote