Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #1  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you reward yourself?

Kitkatbahr's post made me wonder what rewards you all have done.

For my first 10 pounds, I got a pedicure and got my hair highlighted.

For my second 10 (some of which is back, obviously), I got a proper bra fitting and new bras to lift my four-years-of-breastfeeding boobs off my smaller tummy. I can't tell you how happy a good bra can make you look and feel.

The ten after that, I am going to get a massage and another pedi.

At goal, I am getting new clothes and giving away/selling/throwing away anything that is a 12 or larger. It is a lot harder for me to go back there if I have nothing to wear.

In fact, I just inspired myself to go gather up all my fourteens and send them packing. Maybe while the baby sleeps this afternoon..

Share your rewards!
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #2  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Well I've only lost 10 pounds but I bought myself three new dresses. One is this beautiful navy-blue... one is brown... and one is green (not as gross as they sound lol). They were worth every penny... but i've hit a plateua AGAIN having ONLY lost 10 pounds so I may take them back as a punishment lol.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Oh, do get rid of those clothes! I had no intention of keeping mine, but also wasn't willing to just dump them off at a charity so I finally got around to marking them all and put them in my MIL's garage sale this past Saturday. Not only are they out of my house so I cannot fall back on them as backup, but I made $315 towards a new wardrobe! I'm saving it all until I reach goal, so I can buy a bunch of new stuff all at once....a real shopping spree!!!

I haven't really done any rewards to date, but that upcoming shopping spree is going to be one of my ending rewards. There is also this fabulous bracelet that I've wanted for a while that I had decided I would purchase as a bravo to myself once I've reached goal and maintained for 6 weeks (so I'll be lifetime at WW).

Thinking about it now, maybe I did reward myself! About a month ago my kiddos wanted to go to the mall to get their ears pierced....DD14 wanted another set of holes in her ears, and DS17 asked if I would consider letting him have an earring. He shocked me with that one, but after discussion and setting parameters I agreed. Well, they both got pierced and the gal looked at me and said "I've still got one of the earrings here from your son's set, are you sure I can't pierce something for you? It's already paid for....." Shocking even myself I hopped in the chair and said sure! Pierce my cartiledge! I never would have had the self confidence to do that 80 pounds ago! DH was even surprised when we got home and his whole family had been pierced! LOL!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #4  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Around 25lbs lost, I bought some makeup -it wasn't a specific goal, though - LOL!

At 30lbs lost, I had a manicure and pedicure, and had my hair cut. It was blissful!

I don't have any other specific 'goals' planned, except that when I get under 200lbs (the MINUTE that scale reads 199.8!!) I am going to start horseback riding again - really looking forward to that!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I don't really do rewards because I don't have much money (I'm currently putting myself through college), but I decided a few months ago that if I'm in the 150's by my sister's wedding I'll totally reward myself anyway! All the bridesmaids can pick out our own dresses (so long as we stick to a color scheme) and I'm going to get the most fabulous dress I can find, get my hair done, find perfect jewelry, get full spa treatments, etc. (I'll have to live off ramen noodles for quite a while after, but it'll be worth it!)
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #6  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

What great rewards. I do a little something for myself now and then, but usually it’s work out clothes or new running shoes or the like. New bras will be an absolute necessity before too long, but I keep putting it off because they are so damned expensive! Maybe the 160 mark will be the “new bras” reward.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #7  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I got myself two cute clothes to celebrate the loss of that weight I had gained back during the past year. Of course, now I'm broke, but it was worth it.

If I can put enough money aside, I'm also going to get a digital camera. Probably for when I actually manage to break that %$£*§ 132 lbs. mark under which I haven't been since I was 12!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:26 AM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't really "do" the reward system, because I *reward* myself for no good reason all the time... I mean, I buy what I want, if I want a mani or pedi I just go get one, and I relax on the beach every weekend... the only "rewards" I can think of would be "food rewards"..... and usually that's not a good idea for me! So I don't reward because I don't know WHAT to reward with.

Anybody got'nee suggestions???
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/235/155

Height: 5'8''

When I reach goal I'm planning on buying myself a Diane von Furstenburg wrap dress from Bloomingdales in Manhattan and then wearing it somewhere fabulous.
jenmonkey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I'm like Beach Patrol: I tend to spend money on bras and clothes and personal grooming whether I have earned a reward or not.

That said, when I reached goal a few weeks ago I bought a Heart Rate Monitor to keep me motivated at the gym. I love it! Even though I'm no longer trying to drop pounds, I can see, each day, that I'm getting fitter and fitter. It's really cool.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #11  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I don't really do rewards either, but I've thought that maybe if I do it will be some motivation for me. Like "Maybe I won't buy this CD and I'll make myself wait until I reach my next 5 pound mark" but you know what, I'm pretty motivated to begin with so I end up just buying the CD and still meeting that next 5 pound goal haha
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #12  
Finally Committed to ME!

S/C/G: 22/18/6-8

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I'm rewarding myself today with a massage. Not because of any milestone per se, but because I need one!
CarolynFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #13  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Oooh a massage!!! Now THAT'S a good reward!!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #14  
Finally Committed to ME!

S/C/G: 22/18/6-8

Height: 5'4 1/2"

amen, sistah! 2 1/2 hours till bliss time.
CarolynFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I definitely used a system of rewards, because they really motivate me.

10 lbs - fancy sandals from Sundance Catalog
20 lbs - massage at a very expensive spa
30 lbs - I bought new clothes for a fun trip to New Orleans
40 lbs - fancy cut and color at an expensive salon before a trip to TX to see my mom
50 lbs - another massage at the same spa
goal - tattoo (4 traditional Chinese characters for perseverance)

I also did silly little rewards throughout my weight loss. For example, if I worked out all 5 days of a work week, I could order a skirt, etc.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote