Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

Default 6lbs off...from stress. (and..SCALES!!)

It isn't the way I'd choose, but I've taken off 6lbs in no time at all lately, just through walking for about half an hour a day...simply because I'm so wound up over various life changes, I havn't been eating very much.

There's a major irony here - when eating *healthfully* and working out, hard, most days, can't seem to shift anything - give me a few stressors and look, I shrink!

The other thing..I can't believe how stupid I've been, over reading my scales! I've had this set for over a year now, and use them a fair bit. It was only THIS morning that I realised they go up in 2lb increments (only just noticed that there are SEVEN lines between each stone, NOT fourteen)...grr.

Clearly, my body image also hasn't improved at all, because I made a comment about how large I felt last week, and my sister said *Don't be so stupid, you're thin(ner)*.

Well, she was right, lost almost half a stone..but I could have SWORN I was the same/bigger..

feel kinda down sorry
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #2  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Hmm..
Well think of it this way - You are beneath my target weight and you're two inches taller than me... She definately meant you were thin. 135 is ideal for someone who is 5'5"... you're 5'7"
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cousin! Gosh, yes! You are in the normal range on the body-mass index (BMI). If you went down to 118, you would be right on the edge of underweight.

Perhaps you do have an odd view of your body! It might be good to get more exercise and tone up what you have... I don't know how much you exercise currently, though--so maybe you already get exercise.

What a drag to find out the scale is in 2 lb increments! On the other hand, wouldn't that mean you've lost more than you thought? Good for you if so.

I hope you get through the stressful period...

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I'm 5'7" and I don't want to go below 140.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5"8

I am 5"8 and am shooting for 140. When I was about 16-18 I weighed about 115lbs and was having dizzy spells and blacking out, you might want to reconsider the 118lb mark.

Maybe some pics might help us, help you but I bet you look great now!
sweetNShoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I agree with JayEll. I'm pretty sure that you're skinny enough as you are. If you want to work on your body and continue to improve, I think weight training is the way to go. There is a world of difference between the stick arms of a helpless waif, and the nicely sculpted, slim arms belonging to a strong, independent and powerful woman! I think you should come join us in the Ladies Who Lift forum.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #7  

Thank you so much for all your support, guys

I prefer, on me, the slim/more fragile look than to look more toned/muscly, its a personal thing. Goodness knows theres a few issues there..strong, independent, powerful woman? eh, maybe one day
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #8  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm 5'5" and although I say I want to get down to 140... I would be more than happy to stay at 150... for some reason I just prefer my body at that weight.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Cousin, you can have toned muscle without looking bulked up. In fact, exercise is important during weight loss because one does not want to lose muscle along with the fat. Unused muscle is "up for grabs" if the body needs energy.

Also, toned muscle burns fat, which helps weight loss and also helps keep fat from coming back so quickly.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #10  

Oh yes, well obviously I reckon some muslce tone from walking/cycling/swimming can only be good, but I dislike using weights, so have precisely zero motivationfor that lol
Old 05-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Try pilates and yoga it tones without bulking. But I have to agree with everyone. I'm 5'7", my lowest weight was between 120-125 and I was thin as a rail. 118 at 5'7" is a little too thin unless you're Kate Moss and have a waif like body type.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote