Old 05-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Low Fat Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made this recipe, and it only made 4 muffins! So, you'll wanna at least double it, if not triple it, depending on how many you're wanting to make. They are DELICIOUS, and could become addictive...heh.

Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Muffins
INSTRUCTIONS

1 sprays cooking spray
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1 large egg(s)
1 large egg white(s)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.

Separate egg, placing whites in a medium bowl and yolk in a large bowl. Set whites aside. Add brown sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla to yolk. Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined.

With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add whites to batter along with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (4 tablespoons). Stir until well blended.

Divide batter equally among muffin cups. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate chips (4 to 5 chips) on top of each muffin.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in tins and then remove muffins to a rack to cool for 10 minutes more.

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/138/125

Height: 5'5"

This is a GREAT recipe! Thanks for sharing. How big should one 3pt muffin be? I doubled the recipe and I got 11 muffins. I want to make sure that one is defiantly three points because they seem small.
FaithRunner2005 is offline   Reply With Quote