Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/36/145

Height: 5'9''

Talking Need a buddy for a day-- Monday May21

So I'm taking this one day at a time. On Monday May 21, I want to:

1. Excercise for 30 min. at least
2. Find time to go grocery shopping. (hard thing to do for you're family when you're on a diet)
3. Drink 3 low cal protein shakes and eat one low cal meal.
Calorie goal: 1000-1200 calories.

Be my buddy for a day. Tell me what your goals are, and we'll be accountable to each other at the end of the day. After we brush our teeth. LOL!

Evilah
Evilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 AM   #2  

you're = your
ack!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Evilah!

When you see a typing error or want to change something in your post, use the Edit button at the bottom of the post.

You didn't ask me, so I'm going out on a limb here--but that calorie level looks too low to me for someone of your size. Have you tried figuring out what your calorie needs are in a day? If you eat too little, you could find yourself feeling weak and hungry...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

I aggree with Jay....are you doing a specific diet or doing it on your own? 1200 calories isn't necessarily bad, but if you're doing it on your own it can be. Honestly, if you were medically supervised you could do 800 calories diet, but I don't think you are from the sounds of it.

I'm in a program where my calories are 1200, BUT......I eat endless fruits and veggies on TOP of that number. That of course adds calories (but easily burned calories). Most people on here say if you're doing it on your own to be around 1600 I believe.

Hopefully someone else can be more helpful Good luck!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey BabyBrownEyes, I'm doing it on my own, and my calories are not 1600. Everyone has a different approach.

Evilah, it's up to you what plan you want to follow. It sounds from another post in another thread as though you've done this before. So, do the research if you feel like it.

As for a 1 day buddy--how about posting in this thread at the end of the day, and report to us all how you did on your plan? That way you have a whole bunch of buddies.

Jay
Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Your contraction of "you're" was correct the first time! "You're" is the proper contraction of "you" and "are". "Your" is possessive.

I will second Jay in that your calorie intake looks low for your size. What diet are your following? Also, how about getting some protein naturally instead of through shakes? I can't imagine those are very filling!

My goals:

1. I planned my food for the day until dinner and I want to stick to that plan
2. Get 30 minutes of walking in during lunch time
3. Go to my weight watchers meeting!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Well...I can't check in until tomorrow morning. I don't have internet at home. I plan to eat what is on my plan for today, eat something healthy and not above 600 calories when I get home and excersize at the gym for an hour in my cardio class. I'll check back in with you tomorrow morning and see if you got your 30 minutes excersize and grocery shopping accomplished!! :-)
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone for replying!

I did it... almost. I did exceed my 1200 cals, I think ate about 1600. BUT! My husband decided at 9:30p tonight that he wanted a steak and he had two very nice ones in the fridge so I ate a small (~7oz.) steak tonight, with worcestershire and some gourmet seasoning sprinkled on top. My triumph is that I ate it, then drank a glass of milk to take meds, and didn't follow up with any sweets! Usually after I eat a steak, I scour the house for sweets, but I watched my husband fiending for sweets that weren't there, and somehow that gave m0e strenghth. At least I wasn't alone in wanting them but not having them.

I went to the store and excercised at least 32 minutes (more, but I didn't count the remaining so I don't know quite how much it was).

I am on a dr. supervised diet (PCP, so not a traditional program) and I am borderline hypothyroidic.... so, I have to eat low and excercise. However, I do have a physician monitoring my vitamin and protein and fiber intake. I drink vegetarian shakes with complete proteins in them. One type is mixed with milk and contains fructose (organics), and the other is blended with a fresh fruit and a fresh banana and water. (conventional dairy makes me sick, especially powdered whey, so do artificial sweeteners)

I have sleep apnea, and am desperate to lose 60 lbs. fast. After that, so what, or I can take however long I want. The last time I didn't have sleep apnea was before I was pregnant and I was 60 lbs. lighter than I am now. I don't work and take psych meds for anxiety BECAUSE of the sleep apnea, and it's ruining my life. I stay at home with my little girl because I'm too exhausted all the time to work and take care of my family; I barely manage staying at home. I take off the machine at night so it hasnt' helped me (I've been tring to use it for 2 years), and the only option besides losing weight is having my throat "reshaped" and uvula removed, which scares me. Other than that-- weight loss surgery which also scares me. I'm tired of this stupid sleep apnea, I want my life and my personality back. And I want to go back to work. It occurred to me a couple weeks ago, that I live like a disabled person, and I don't even get disability income. I am physically unable to work, I sleep as much as my daughter does, and then I AM STILL tired! *sigh*

Anyway, I was feelying "typitty" tonight, so there's my sob story. I JUST WANT TO LOSE 60 and FEEL GOOD AGAIN!

Evilah
Old 05-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #9  

Jay,
I would like to post a new thread for everyday that I can make it through. I mean if I know ahead of time that I won't be able to follow through because of appointments, or holidays, then I don't want to pressure myself. But on days that I know ahead of time that I can achieve my goals, I want to plan, them, and meet them.
Thanks for the advice about my caloric intake, I feel cared for, it really helps!

Babybrown eyes,
I think when I weigh less, my doctor will let me eat less. I've had a problem with eating disorders in the past (namely binging/purging, and starving myself) so I have to diet "honestly"...
Lori,
When I eat meals (1 or 2 small ones a day usually) I always pack them with lean protein... like bean soups, broiled chicken or steak, stir-fried tofu, etc. I'd never make it without protein! Did you make your goals for today may 21? Let us know!

Lumifan4ever,
Thanks so much for stopping in! I did my cardio--- recumbant bike, for 32+ minutes (I stop to go check on my daughter in the gym's kidcare occasionally so I do the excercise in segments which I add up at the end, today I forgot to start the timer for a couple segments, so not quite sure how long they were and didn't count them). What kind of cardio did you do?

Evilah
Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Evilah! Good for you for making it through yesterday! I'm sure that steak didn't hurt you much.

I'm glad to hear you are under doctor's supervision. Often people post who are doing something drastic on their own--we get a little jumpy here! So, stay with your plan--you know you'll see results.

Losing weight has completely stopped my snoring, which as you know can be related to sleep apnea. I sleep all night through and wake up refreshed now.

We have a weekly planning & journals thread running right now in this forum if you'd like to join that--it's mostly about the daily menu plan. Or you could start a weekly goals thread here as well. OH wait! I see you've already opened a new thread! NeVER mind!

Keep going! Good luck!

Jay