Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #1  
I restore Teeth.

Default How to cure the loss of appetite? What foods would you eat?

Hi all, I'm currently in physical training and I recently experienced a loss of appetite where I found it extremely hard to eat anything because I had almost no desire for anything in my mouth except chewing gum. This isn't normal for me!! And it's driving me nuts!

There's some mac and cheese left in the fridge, which is one of my favorite foods, but the thought of eating it right now is absolutely nauseating! Which foods would I be best off eating without feeling sick when eating it? How would you cure the loss of appetite??
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #2  
I restore Teeth.

I just wanted to point out, that I'm not in any sort of diet to lose weight. I just increased exercising without adding more calories to my diet (rouhgly 1800 calories) and I just want to stop any continuing water weight-loss!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #3  
I restore Teeth.

Now I feel embarassed... I guess no one here has a problem losing their appetites! Thanks anyways, ladies.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Sorry I can't help. I've only lost my appetite a few times in life...when I was pregnant and when I was on a medication I was allergic to (my allergy presented as anorexia - wierd, huh???). Anything new like that in your life?

Anyway, when I was pregnant and completly nauseated at the thought of food of any kind I'd go with a light, juicy fruit...pears, watermelon, grapes, etc. If that did ok then I might try to add some protein - but I couldn't eat meat for sure! I ate little bites of cheese and stuff. Things with sauces, pasta, etc made me positively ill! I think for about 7 months each pregnancy I ate mainly fruit and cheese!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I do lose my apetite after I exercise, but usually I wait to eat until after I exercise so this doesn't work. Usually I eat some watermelon or a pear..something REALLY juicy and it quenches my thirst too.

Sorry...I don't relate THAT much, but I know what you're talking about. I guess if you're not hungry, don't eat, but also don't starve yourself. Maybe a nice fasting would do you good then? A time to cleanse the body?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #6  
Mel

I've never lost my appetite in my life. Any pointers on how to do it?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #7  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBrownEyes View Post
Sorry...I don't relate THAT much, but I know what you're talking about. I guess if you're not hungry, don't eat, but also don't starve yourself. Maybe a nice fasting would do you good then? A time to cleanse the body?
Nooooo... I don't ever fast- I'm not the type to ever do so! I'm terrified of mineral imbalance, as my potassium levels once plummeted and I was experiencing muscle pain everywhere!! This is why i try my best to avoid appetite loss!! But I did take your advice and had some watermelon! Feeling much better, thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
I've never lost my appetite in my life. Any pointers on how to do it?

Mel
MAN, I wish I could lose my appetite! I always eventually get hungry

Veggielover, make something you love to eat that is healthy and eat it so you don't get sick (as in have headaches etc.).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Maybe after you start eating the nausea will go away. Try to eat a grain of some sort that usually helps when feeling a little nauseous. I definitely think you should eat something. Maybe just something plain.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover View Post
Nooooo... I don't ever fast- I'm not the type to ever do so! I'm terrified of mineral imbalance, as my potassium levels once plummeted and I was experiencing muscle pain everywhere!! This is why i try my best to avoid appetite loss!! But I did take your advice and had some watermelon! Feeling much better, thanks!
Well I'm glad you know your body! I've fasted once in my life and the same thing happened, but I do know people that have done it with good success. I end up feeling very depleted and my muscles burn when i work out..

Good about the watermelon....whenever I see the word it makes my mouth water... mmmmm...watermelon....lol

I have been craving fruits and veggies like crazy...so that's what I've been sticking to mostly. I went to a buffet today and pigged out on raw broccoli, green peppers, cauliflower, watermelon, pineapple, and cantalope. YUM!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, no problem here with loss of appetite, so I don't really have anything helpful to add.

BTW, on a Friday evening it may take awhile for folks to answer threads... also on the weekends... so don't think that no one is interested! Folks may just be elsewhere.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #12  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

When I have no appetite, I have to eat something "fun" and light. Veggies cut up as fun little finger-foods work really well for me (particularly cucumber or red pepper). I cram it on in, even if the thought of doing so makes me ill. Quite often, once I've eaten a bit, my appetite will return a few hours later.

Generally, juicy stuff works best for me, because I tend to feel dehydrated along with my loss of appetite, even if I've had a lot of water that day. Very odd.

Hope that helps...the key for me is "fun" and "easy to eat"!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #13  
Aww, look at the bunny!

S/C/G: 200/174/162

Height: 5' 9"

I try to eat a banana after I exercise if I'm ever worried about mineral problems...try cutting it up and eating a small slice at a time if you're having a hard time getting it down. And be careful drinking too much water all at once, as that can give you a really bad stomach ache...try to drink water that's not ice cold, and drink it slowly.
twistedhoneydew is offline   Reply With Quote