Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #1  

Default Wow, I really dislike people today.

You know ...I hate being the butt of fat jokes. And that's all anyone can really insult me on. I'm not an ugly person, and I know I'm not .."Oh, if only she'd lose some weight." Even I can deal with that ..but when I got out of high school I kinda thought that the childishness would die down a little. But ..NO. It just won't. I'm really getting tired of girls who are BIGGER than me but don't see themselves as so ..coming up to me and saying "hey ...you ...that guy over there likes you." when he really doesn't. And he's even disgusted that she would suggest such a thing. I've had that happen several times in the last two days. As if that's even funny. The only person it's even remotely funny to is the people joking about it. But I just let it slide off my shoulders ...or I let them think so. But it really hurts me. And my so much SKINNIER roommate, who has NEVER been fat in her life ...I told her that I was trying to lose weight ..trying to get motivation here ...and even though she does motivate me a lot of the time ..other times she calls me "FAT." out of nowhere and then seems to think that helps me. It took everything in me not to cry and give up on everything ..the thought "well everyone knows i'm fat anyway, why even try?" crossed my mind ..and the thought of picking up any and all junk food crossed my mind as well ..but i didn't ..i just filled my water bottle up with water ...and got on the computer. i would've went for a walk but i've been deadly sick the last two days. I know that I'm doing the right thing, and I know I'm losing weight ....I KNOW it won't come overnight. I just hate the waiting.
Starburst1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #2  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I know whatcha mean darlin

It's like this...it's okay if you call yourself fat, but people don't understand that they're not given that priviledge. Sometimes it's nice to think that people don't notice that you're overweight. That's how I live my life basically. I don't let people know I think I'm fat. I call myself "fat" all the time...I'm not calling myself ugly, I'm being honest. But when other people say it....it doesn't mean the same.

People are very unsympathetic, because they think it's all your fault that you're that way. That you must have eaten Mcdonalds every day of your life and sat on your butt on the couch every hour of every day. When really, everyone's body and metabolism is different. Everyone's genes are different too.

Don't get discouraged..you're aloud to get upset, but do NOT get discouraged. We are all here for you and we all go through the same things in our quest to lose weight and become healthy. Some of us will actually never be what society calls "skinny"...I know I won't. The lightest I'll be able to be without being skin and bones is 165 (if that)...I haven't been that weight since I was in elementary school. So let those people say what they say and think what they think and you can prove them wrong! When I lost weight before, guys started paying attention to me and when they'd ask me out I'd say "get a life!"....If someone doesn't love you the way you are now, they won't love you later.... Stick with the people who care about your now.

Don't know if I helped...I know ranting sometimes helps us feel better. Have some Low fat popcorn!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry you are feeling SAD. Some people have no manners. Just remember you are a better person for not having people like that as friends. It goes back to the old saying treat others the way you want to be treated. Obviously their mothers never taught them that. People who need to belittle others actually are the ones that have a self esteem issue. The only way they can feel anything is to find fault in others. Eat healthy it always makes me feel better or go for a walk and have a good healthy dinner. We are always here to talk to. Take care of yourself.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I know it hurts when other people say things that are so ignorant. I could tell you to just ignore them, but I know it's not that easy. A lot of them have never experienced what you are going through. They don't understand. Don't give up, find a good eating plan that you can stick with for the rest of your life, get moving as much as you can and push forward. You can do this, but do it for yourself, not because of other people.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #5  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

awww I'm so sorry about that I know it hurts to be called fat and to be treated differently. It sucks being "the fat girl" and no one knows that better than me.

Just keep reaching for your goals and stay true to yourself no matter what. You'll get where you want to go if you're losing weight for YOU not for anyone else.

I hope your week gets better hun!
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #6  

Hey, hope ur mood's a lil lighter now.
Sometimes people are just ignorant and don't quite know themselves so they try to make a fool of others to compensate. But you don't need to let ignorant thoughts or words get to you too much (easier said than done i know)
You've got ur goals and if you show dedication , passion and a balance in your life, trust me you'll see more and more results. Just hold your head up high sis, because you're doing something to try and improve your life and that's a beautiful thing.
beautifulstruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

WOW, that sucks hon the room mate thing really hit a note with me as well. my room mate has to struggle just to break a 100 on the scale and she is just like locus because she will eat u out of house and home. She knows im working on my health and diet and still brings foods i can't eat in the house . the bad thing is she doesn't know what its like and never will and when i get upset that im having to struggle and count this and that and measure and run and she can eat and sit there, she just doesn't get it. but i had to close out that noise, and the noise of other people and just work on me. this is something for you, u are treasure and deserve to be happy and healthy. when u feel down just hop on the comp and come here. it always makes me feel better being amongst others like me ttfn and hope things get better
Mickey79sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Star... the world's full of good people. I think it's time for some spring cleaning! You deserve people who really appreciate you!

Take care.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

I'm sorry that this is happening to you. I can't believe that there are grown women out there who believe acting like a**es is a fun thing to do. Speaking of which, where are you hanging out? Are these people 'friends' or acquintances? Seriously, try to avoid them at all costs and surround yourself with positive people. If your roommate is even half way decent, I would try to explain to her how you are fighting a war, and her calling you fat is not helping. Thin people just don't get how hard this is..........I know, I used to be thin!
Keep up the hard work, you will see results!! And you have a lot of people right here who are in your shoes and know what you are going thru!
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #10  

I'm at Job Corp ..and just like everything else in my life eventually it'll get easier to ignore. It'll still hurt when it's said, but sooner than later they won't have that to say anymore. I'm just trying to do what I have to do. Thank you everyone I appreciate it so much ...I knew this was just the place to find encouragement.
Starburst1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you are at job corp???? wow that's sad..considering job corp is suppose to be helping other people. Those people teasing/insulting you are definately not what i envisioned ppl working on job corp being like. All i can say is ignore them and focus on you. Get yourself healthy and do it for you. One day your hard work will pay off. Stay focused and be strong.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

starburst! You know, people are people wherever you go. It's sometimes sad, but sometimes it's also good! Teasing is hard to take--I know. But rise above it. Job Corps does some really good things in the world--and you can make sure your experience is one of making a good contribution, no matter that the "kids" are still being kids.

You take it easy!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote