3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Support Board for Week of August 15 through 20, 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/91538-core-support-board-week-august-15-through-20-2006-a.html)

Vickie 08-15-2006 06:07 AM

Core Support Board for Week of August 15 through 20, 2006

We were supposed to start a new board on Sunday! Here's some new pages to write on.

septembersgoal 08-15-2006 08:47 AM

:lol: That's so funny that no one even noticed for two days.

It's already a cruddy day at work this morning. I walk in and get bombarded with demands and other junk. I'm really done with this place. I'm praying fervently for a new job!!

Hope all of you have a great Tuesday.

Katpo 08-15-2006 09:21 AM

Good morning, Melissa! Thanks for the new pages, Vickie. I really think having a weekly thread will help us keep up with things better, and also help out those who are on dial-up.

Not much happening here; I'd better get to work since it looks like everyone else is busy and I'm slacking! :lol:

aghiowa 08-15-2006 09:32 AM

Good morning ladies! I don't want to make Kathy feel bad, but yesterday's weather was absolutely AMAZING! It was cool (like high of 82), breezy, beautifully sunny, and clear blue skies. Wow. Gorgeous. As I was outside hanging up my laundry, I just stood there, enjoying it. And then someone shrieked "Mommy!" and I had to stop, but still. :lol:

We're driving out a camp this morning to check it out as a location for our church women's retreat. I think it'll work out great.

Dd #2 (the one headed to Kindergarten in a week :dizzy: ) is about to lose her first tooth. She's not sure about the blood aspect, but she so wants to be "big" I think she'll be OK.

And, on the gaming front, I am really enjoying not playing during the day. I have SO much free time. :lol: I did just get invited to a high-end raiding guild (which means nothing to you guys) but it's pretty prestigious. The neat thing is, they raid after my kids go to bed, and I only have to play like 2 times a week.

Anyhoo, I need to get going so we'll be ready to go on time.
Later ladies,
Angela

Katpo 08-15-2006 10:14 AM

Too late. TOO LATE! However, I will not begrudge anyone their nice weather; I'll get some one of these days. We do have four seasons here but they are: Sorta Hot, Really Hot, Scorching Hot, and Christmas Day.

Angela, a high-end raiding guild??? Say it isn't SO!! :rofl: You're right, I have no earthly idea what that is but it sounds mighty impressive!

I really must get cracking on my water drinking. I have been really bad.

Oh and the report on the bread is this: I made four small loaves and two large ones, and brought one of each to work. They liked the bigger one better because it was more dense. The difference is that it didn't rise as much for some reason, and I baked both batches for the same amount of time but I think the smaller loaves didn't need that much, and I wrapped the large loaves while hot and that retained a lot of heat and thus increased the moisture. Other than that, the actual recipe was the same. Next time (tonight?) I will use a stout Guinness. I'm getting this recipe nailed down and then will stop experimenting with it.

Back to work...

RoseB 08-15-2006 12:59 PM

Hi girls, I am just waiting to go pick up our 10 year old granddaughter to take her shopping for another outfit for Build a Bear. It all the rage here in Canada for the girls to have these bears with their outfits. I am sure you guys have these stores also. We are keeping her for the night as her brother has gone with his friend to a Condo on the water.

Vicki, I know what it is like to worry, hubby says if I don't have anything to worry about then I am worried that I don't.:) My Mother also used to say not to worry until the day it is suppose to happen then you can worry for just one day. Easier said then done, but it does help.

Melisa, I hope you are able to get another job, it is stressful for you where you are.

Angela, how was the Camp for the Womens Retreat? Our Church is taking a group to T.O to hear Billy Graham's daughter speak.

Kathy, let us know which loaf turns out to be your best. Do you come home from work and bake? :chef: I think you will have to tell us what Vitamins you take:)

Sandra where are you this fine morning, glad to hear you are back on track. You are doing so well, 20 lbs. wow.

Saundra have a great time in Picton this weekend. Our son is coming this weekend. We were going back to the cottage but we will wait until he goes home

Waving to the rest of you and a big welcome to the new gal Stacey. Jump in and enjoy these gals, I am enjoying the chatter. They are real nice gals. It takes a while but you will feel part of them very quickly.
Blue Skies,
Rose

Katpo 08-15-2006 01:17 PM

Rose, if you are able (sometime soon) I would really like to see pictures of the cottage and surrounding area. It sounds really beautiful there!

The Build-A-Bear thing started after my kids were grown so we never did it, but I'm sure when the grandkids (okay, IF there are ever any!!) come along I'll be taking them there. We have one in the mall here but since I don't go to the mall, I've never been in the store.

I do go home and bake; usually after I've made dinner and while I'm cleaning up from it. I don't have help at home and so if it gets done, I have to do it. I usually get home from work between 6 and 7, then cook, clean up and do my laundry or other chores while I'm getting things ready for the next day, go to bed around 11 or 12, get back up at 5:30 or 6 the next morning to start all over again. Oh, and I don't take vitamins. ;) I've tried several but they all make me feel weird.

Judd has requested macaroni and cheese with broccoli tonight. I have several boxes of whole wheat rotini and packages of FF cheddar, so I'll probably make a big enough dish so that we can have it tomorrow night with a different side dish, and I can bring it to work too. I was going to make mushroom lasagna but he wants this, so the lasagna can wait. Salad is already made.

Okay, back to work!

RoseB 08-15-2006 01:41 PM

Hi again: Well you must have something going for you as you sure seem to be able to get things done.

If you would send me your email address I will send pictures. You can send it by private mail if it suits you better. I am just learning to send pictures but I was successful in sending them to Sandra and Saundra.
Rose

ontarget 08-15-2006 02:49 PM

hi, chickies. last night after the club meeting, curtis and i stopped at famous dave's to get a cup of soup. we changed our minds before we got through the front door. he had fried catfish fingers, cup of beans, pecan pie and ice cream. i had the appetizer rib tips. it was a lot of food. we called this our treat. sat when i ate 32 pts, i never ate anything "good." i was craving something special. the rib tips took care of that. plus, i have a tummy ache today from eating them.

kathy, i copied your recipe. it sounds wonderful. i'll make it soon.

melissa, by all means go apply for that job. life is wayyyyy to short to be unhappy.

rose, how are you doing today? are you feeling more satisfied? it's not quite 20 yet. more like 18+. we were at the archery center this am. curtis was coaching a young man we met there. we just finished lunch. i had pinto beans, sliced onion, jalapeno, and a polenta cake. life is good.

angela, our temps are good, too. however, we have a lot of smoke in the valley.

vickie, i'm sending good vibes to you and jim today. i hope he qualifies and is chosen.

p.a. 08-15-2006 04:53 PM

Afternoon chickies,,,,
thinking good thoughts for Jim and Vickie today....
Melissa I hope that new job comes soon....
Rose your cottage sounds like a wonderful place to be. Build A Bear sounds like so much fun for the kids too
Sandra Ive never heard of rib tips?
Welcome Stacey!!!
Im sort of off next week before we head back to work full time again. I have to put in 9 extra hours in the next two weeks..shouldnt be too hard. Then dh and I are off to visit both dd's for youngest Dd's 19th birthday. Cant wait to see them again. Heading out labour day weekend. Im hoping to hit another farmers market that way. (northbay area)
Off to make a burger for supper here..
ttyl

ontarget 08-15-2006 04:58 PM

patti, i think they are just very small pieces of ribs. there really wasn't a lot of meat on them, but i got full.

sounds like you will be busy for awhile. i'm glad you're getting to see your dd's.

Vickie 08-15-2006 08:07 PM

Hey Chicks! We're home and VERY disappointed. Too many people showed up. We left the house at 6:00...3 hours before the beginning of auditions. But the town was so far away that it took us almost 2 hours to get there. We were in the thick of traffic going to O'Hare. I should have known better.

I drove because Jim was a little nervous. We finally got to the lot and it was full. They said there was no where else to park. We tried to park in a college but they wouldn't let us in. We ended up parking in a steak house restaurant parking lot that was closed today. We walked back a mile and a half to the place and got in line. It was the ugliest kind of walk; no sidewalks and very uneven terrain next to the highway. I was VERY hot and sweaty and trying not to complain. We stood in line from about 9 until after 12 when they finally realized that there were too many people. We were standing outside in the blazing sun (it wasn't that hot but the sun was intense). I was actually sweating standing still and I hardly ever sweat, not even on the treadmill. Kathy would have thought it was a cool day! Of course, today, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. There was no place to sit and no shade. It was at one of those jousting places called Medieval Times. I thought we would be inside in a big line. I never dreamed that we'd be outside. And then there was the walk back! We even heard that people flew in for the day since the audition was close to O'Hare! So we got home around 2:00 and had a bite to eat and a nap.

I was SO hot! Jim is just fried in every spot that was exposed to the sun. He hasn't been out in the sun at all this year because of the shoulder surgery. I'm even burnt and I have a bit of a tan from the pool. I never thought about sunscreen because I thought we'd be inside this huge castle in a big old amusement park line. I couldn't get cool when I got home and after my nap I really felt sick. So I told Jim I was hopping into the pool. I ended up being in the pool for an hour and a half. It REALLY lowered my body temperature and I feel much better now. Jim said he saw steam from the pool after I jumped in!

Anywhooooo.....so much for our dreams of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. If it comes back to audition again, we'd do it much differently. I'm gonna go sit with Honey Lamb now. He said he really wanted to win the money for us. I told him we'll go to the boat. Why do I feel like we deserve something nice after all of this?

I hope you all had a great Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow.

aghiowa 08-15-2006 08:16 PM

Oh Vickie, that stinks! I'm sorry you guys didn't even get to try out. :( At least it wasn't really hot...heat exhaustion/stroke is nothing to monkey with.

Angela

Katpo 08-15-2006 08:30 PM

Terrible disappointment! I'm sure you're both mentally and physically just exhausted from the whole day! :hug:

Yes, I would have probably enjoyed the temps though. I see where the high was 81 there today; it was 104 here with not a cloud in sight either. I could really stand some 81 degree weather, especially since we're usually hotter than that for the LOW of the day (overnight). Stinks, huh?

Get some rest!

Froufy 08-15-2006 09:11 PM

Vickie - sorry to hear about the non-tryout - what a bummer - and you would think they would provide some shade/benches - do they really expect people to stand outside in the hot sun for 3 hours plus? Sounds to me like you did get a bit of heat stroke but glad you were able to cool off in the pool.

Kathy - we all know you are amazing - and we love you (and hope you will send us some beer bread! :D - but really that crack about the 'stout' ale was really uncalled for! LOL)

Melissa - sending good 'new job' vibes your way - if anyone deserves it you do! Definitely try for anything and everything - you never know what might happen!

So Angela - this raid of yours - is it like a panty raid?:D:D (do we get to run thru the boy's cabin and grab all their boxers??? - like we really want to do that? NOT!)

Saundra - weekend weather report is fabulous and I know you will have a great time in Picton!

We are supposed to have warm sunny weather for the next 5 days (today it was clear and windy in the am but quickly became overcast with big ominous gray clouds by noon).

Was on a most boring course this morning - okay it was necessary but really what could have taken maybe 1 hour took over 4!

And it looks like (keeping fingers and toes crossed) that I may have finally found a replacement for my staff member who left - young man from Winnipeg - sounds pretty chipper and all references good - now trying to get him here by Sept 5 - which will be challenging - I already NEED him as I am pretty lost on my own - don't realy know what I'm doing (but I can sure fool 'em)

Went to the gym after work and had a very good workout - but did have a slice of pizza at home - however did not overeat or go crazy which is good. I had a bit of a headache when I got home - took 2 ES tylenol and now feeling better but so tired! Really need to get to bed early - but I am dreading dd's return home.

Dh has gone to pick her up from friend's house and she is already asking me about going to some concert tomorrow night - frankly I just want to tie her up and I'm tired of fighting and arguing w/her about concerts, etc. She sure has a hard time understanding she is only 14 and I am her MOTHER so I get to say what goes.

I know as soon as she gets home she will up here in a flash - first asking nicely then the whining, crying - possibly some door slamming and who knows what else - frankly I am so tired the thought of this makes me want to cry!

25 DAYS TIL SAILAWAY - and that, my firends, is what keeps me going!

Frouf

PTAPrez238 08-15-2006 09:13 PM

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the "welcome"s. They all made me smile. I've had another really good day. This morning on the way to drop my older daughter (15) at a babysitting job, she asked if we could stop to get her a muffin instead. We went to the supermarket that has great baked goods. Knowing I didn't have too much for breakfast at my office I thought about getting a low fat muffin. Then I told Nikki it wasn't worth the points and I'd only feel guilty, so I went and bought a fresh box of Shredded Wheat and Skim Milk for the fridge and knew I did the right thing.

Vickie, I'm sorry you had such a hard day. They had American Idol auditions in New Jersey yesterday and people were camped out for 2 days before they needed to be there. I guess everyone has a dream. I actually know Katharine McPhee from last year. She roomed with my niece at college in Boston for a year.

Rose, my younger daughter (9) loves Build a Bear. It's hard to get out of the mall without something for one of her stuffed friends.

I'm going to finish watching the Yankee game with my dad. He lives with us and its his 76th birthday. He rocks.

Talk to you again tomorrow.
Stacey

Katpo 08-15-2006 09:25 PM

Happy birthday to your dad, Stacey! I hope the Yankees win one for him tonight!

That's pretty darn cool about Katharine. We are huge Idol fans here and have discussed it thoroughly for the last two seasons!

You know, speaking of that ... do you guys realize that next month it'll be two years since we started Core together? Time has FLOWN!! (Oh and yeah, why aren't we at our goals yet??? :lol: )

Back to watching House. I'm straightening my hair during commercials. Didn't make bread tonight but I did go buy more dark beer (this time got the real Shiner Bock) and I opened a bottle so it could go flat. I'll make some tomorrow. I think I'll have to start giving it to the neighbors to get rid of it. Judd loves it; he has been eating it for breakfast. I am going to add a teeny bit of flaxmeal tomorrow but don't tell anyone. ;) Earlier before I got home, Shaun's recruiter came over to drop off some paperwork and Judd gave HIM a loaf!

Oh and I'm making more yocheese tonight -- this is the strawberry. I am using Kirkland's Swiss-style lowfat yogurt and will take it to work Thursday with the new bread. I think strawberry spread will be good on the dark bread.

Nighty night!

sauniemay 08-15-2006 09:52 PM

Vickie, so sorry to hear the disappointing Millionaire tale. I know Jim would have proved himself. Remeber though, you have eachother which is the best!

Kathy, so glad that your having yochee fun. The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't dare have homemade bread around here, it's a red light food for me. You're strong.

Frouf, thanks for the weather report, I'm really looking forward to our getaway. I can't believe how close your cruise is, WOW! Hope Emily doesn't upset you too much, don't let her push your buttons.

Stacey, you made a great shopping decision. Hope your dad had a wonderful day.

Melissa, did you ask about that job??

WW was crazy busy today. When it was almost closing time, I had three separate ladies come in who wanted to join. It takes a lot of time to process, but I got through it. They all raved how great I was..I just wanted to lock the door and go home. I left a half an hour late...no pay. I got a call from the office asking me to take another shift, and i said "no". I just don't want the responsiblity.

Okay, off to watch House for me too, pleasant dreams.....

ontarget 08-15-2006 10:59 PM

vickie, that's terrible. of course you and jim should go to the boat. you deserve a fun day for sure. i'm so sorry this happened.

frouf, hang in there cruise day will get her shortly. be tough about those concerts. i understand being tired of the battles. i would be, too.

way to go, stacey. you are a strong woman. one of our grocery stores has fabulous baked goodies, too. i feel empowered when i'm able to just walk through with my buggie unloaded.

kathy, you could prob retire and open a bakery. and a yocheese factory, too!

saundra, good for you. i'm proud you could say no to another shift. i know that's not an easy thing to do. you're a good person helping those ladies.

i went to w a tonight. we had a fantastic workout. i'm feeling great--a little hungry, but great. i try not to eat anything this late so i'm done for the day. last night i had those rib tips sort of late. can't do that 2 days in a row.

septembersgoal 08-16-2006 08:49 AM

Morning gals. I can't stay but wanted to say hi. Last night my dad randomly asked us to come over for dinner--very out of character. So we went and I'm a day behind on exercise and getting pc stuff done. Oh well, it was an interesting evening I guess. I've got to run but I hope that you all have great days. I hope I have one too come to think of it. :)

Mattandgabbysmom 08-16-2006 08:58 AM

Good morning ladies, I am pleased to report that everyone is feeling almost back to normal. Can you believe I had took out 4 dvd's from the library last week and since we where all sick I forgot about them, I took them back yesterday and I had $20.00 in late fees, they charged a dollar a day for each dvd my mouth just fell open:( I have to tell you I got the most beautiful evening gown new with tags on Ebay, price on the tag was $229.00 I got it for $9.99 ,with shipping it came to $20.00 I just love deals:D I am really looking forward to go to the wedding on Saturday, I am going to mention to dh for us to spend the night at my moms house, she lives about 25 minutes from the reception, if not we will have to drive over 1 1/2 hr to get home with the children in the car, I am sure they will be sleeping, I just get nervous it being late Saturday and alot of peopledo drink & drive, I have seen it before, I even called 911 on my cell phone to report a drunk driver, he kept side swiping the divider, that was very scary.

Kathy how is the yocheese maker working out, was it a good investment. I am going to try out your beer bread, I am sure dh would love it.

Vickie what a bummer, so sorry you had to deal with that long wait and the heat. Hope you are feeling better.

Stacey welcome fellow Long Islander, Great decision to not get the muffin, doesn't it feel good. Go Yankees!!

Froufie is this what I have to look forward to when dd becomes a teenager, I am scared, really scared :) Is it a girl thing or do boys put you through the same thing. I am coming to you for advice, By the time my kids are teenagers you will be a pro. I hope she didn't give you a real hard time last night :hug:

Saundra I hope you got some rest and is feeling well rested after working at ww.

Sandra I hope your belly isn't hurting from the rib tips. I just love rib tips from the chinese restaurant, they make them so good, can't have them in the house I will pick on them all night.

Hi Ruth, welcome back. I would love to see the pictures of the cottage.

Angela please tell what is a raid party, I like froufies idea of one ;)

Melissa good luck with finding a new job, it is terrible when you work at a place that makes you unhappy.

Katpo 08-16-2006 09:06 AM

Good morning, all! Niki, great find on the dress! I also love a good bargain and buy lots of my clothes on ebay. When I search, I always put NWT in the description because if I'm going to buy used, I have to see it first. I buy my jeans at the beginning of each fall/winter season at the local thrift store for $3, which reminds me that I should go look.

Well, this batch of yocheese isn't all that great, because there was no whey! Nothing to drain at all, so the yogurt is just sitting there in the strainer. I guess Swiss-style is like that; I'm going to dump it out tonight and put in some flavored non-fat regular old storebrand yogurt. I am determined to make some strawberry flavored to bring to work tomorrow with the new batch of bread. I think it was worth it, Niki -- this morning for breakfast I had a poached egg, and a slice of my bread toasted and spread with the plain yocheese and some all-fruit blueberry jam. It was quite delightful although I had a heck of a time getting the egg to poach because I used the wrong skillet and the water didn't come up high enough to the poacher. Oh well. It finally worked.

106 is the high today. What's new, huh? I hope everyone is having better temps than us. Nothing else to report here, but I'll be back in a while. Oh except I might sew this weekend because I found a stack of fabric in the little door in my dresser last night and some of it looks like good stuff for aprons. We'll see ... Judd has a bike ride on Saturday morning and fantasy football draft all day Sunday. I should be helping Shaun with his rooms but he has had six months to get them in shape. If it's not done, that's not my problem (yet). After he's gone and I get up there to take a good look, you might hear me yelling.

aghiowa 08-16-2006 09:40 AM

:lol: Niki, a raid party is nothing like Froufie suggested. It's where, online in World of Warcraft, you and your guild get together, and go to a big scary dungeon and kill really bad monsters, and when you do, you get really neat stuff. These two raids I'm going on take 40 people and an amazing amount of concentration and luck, so I'm a little nervous. Imagine!

The camp we visited yesterday will be perfect for our church ladies' retreat. It's actually a camp for disabled children/adults, so it's very accesible. We have a few members that are disabled themselves, and some very overweight women who have mobility issues, so this will be perfect. It's also challenging because we have women from 18 to 80, in all walks of life. But I think it'll be good. We will still get the feeling of camping and being out in the wilderness, but people should be fairly comfortable.

So here's a timeline of how I want the retreat to go... (because I'm sure you all want to know! :lol: )

4:00 pm - I arrive, get thing set up
5:00 pm - they start arriving
Dinner will be sub sandwiches and sides/desserts will be potluck. Our cabin has a kitchen, so we will be able to store any leftovers.
7:30 pm - (when it's dark) Faith Walk
I have a beautiful dramatic reading about women over time all having the same song in their hearts yada yada, which I think they'll really like. And remember my sister who went to Berklee School of Music in Boston? I have her writing a song just for the occasion. The "walk" is on a paved sidewalk and it's less than 1/4 mile I think, so people should be fine, and we'll go slow. We'll then end up at a fire pit surrounded by benches.
8:00 pm - Testimony Meeting - this is where the women can share their faith and grow together and all that jazz, around the fire.
9:00 pm - S'mores and singing around the campfire
9:30 pm - back to the cabin for games, talking, and snacks (dinner leftovers basically)
Morning: whenever people wake up :lol:
Breakfast will be bagels with various flavors of cream cheese, OJ if it's warm, hot cocoa/spiced cider if it's cold, and fresh fruit.
10:00 am - crafts (very popular)
11:30 am - people gather up and leave
noon - I clean up and leave

Sound good? I just want to make it special, because it is quite a bit of money. I think our congregation could really use some togetherness, as a lot of people are shy/busy.

Well, time to get on with my day...

Angela

Vickie 08-16-2006 09:47 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I slept right through the night. I asked Jim when I got up if he got the license number of the truck that I was run over by!

Kath, it was actually 85 where we were and standing on the black asphalt made it even hotter! I had to laugh....it made me sound like SUCH a wimp that I was complaining about how hot I was at 81 degrees!!!! I am SO out of shape that walking that mile and a half each way was way worse than a mile and a half on the treadmill. I was overheated, sweating and red faced by the time we even got in line. Anyway, it's over and on to the rest of my life!

Jim has PT today and tomorrow and then he says he's done. I'm not sure what he'll do when the therapist asks him why he isn't staying longer. I'm going to get ready with him today and go to Catherine's (my favorite plus sized store) today while he is at therapy. They have a double and triple perks sale for a couple of days starting today. I love to get there on the first day and snag all the good stuff. I don't have a winter coat so I'm looking for one of those. Long tunics and leggings are back in style. Good Lord, I'm afraid to buy any because it took me forever to give up my addiction to them. I carry much of my weight in the stomach but my legs are not that heavy. Tunics and leggins would hide much of my problems. Maybe I should just enjoy them for the season!

Ok, I read everyone's posts but I need to go do a few banking things. Then I'll come back and respond.

Katpo 08-16-2006 10:14 AM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...8&postcount=39

Here's the yocheese/blueberry pancake recipe that you posted, Saundra. I went ahead and moved it into the breakfasts so we wouldn't lose track of it. It sounds really good!

RoseB 08-16-2006 10:31 AM

Good morning all: Matt and Gabby's Mom, do you mean me. You said Ruth and I wonder if you are talking about me. I am Rose and if you do mean me send me your address and I will send out pictures of the cottage etc.

Kathy did you received the pictures that I sent to your office? Hope so but I am not the best on the computer for sure.

Well, our grand is still here. We got her two outfits for the Build a Bear and she was so excited. We are going to McDonald's for breakfast. I had my breakfast at home as I do not care for the breakfast at McDonald's. Of course kids do ,and she is a skinny gal so I don't mind taking her. We took her to Tim Horton's for a sandwich and Chili last night and she loved it. Probably only you Canadian girls know "Tim's.

Angela, your Church get a way sounds good. What Church is it puts it on?

Well hubby just called they are ready to go, the tummy calls for them.
Blue skies,
Rose

Mattandgabbysmom 08-16-2006 10:51 AM

I am sorry Rose, I don't know why I called you Ruth, guess I Had a Lucy moment :D :D :D I will send you my email address, thank you, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Vickie 08-16-2006 11:17 AM

Melissa, nothing would make me happier than for you to find a new job. I'll pray on it too! I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your Dad. At least he's making an effort.

:D Angela said it was cool at 82! Hahahahahaha.....it WAS blazing in the sun....I swear! I'm SO glad your not feeling bad about not playing your game. It would be hard withdrawal for me if I had to give up this site. I think your plan for your retreat sounds amazing. I don't think the walk it too far. Everyone will be begging to go every year. What a great tradition to start.

Kathy, I had to LOL at your description of your seasons. Poor thing. The bread sounds just amazing. You are making me drool! I'll spend my points on bread and spread EVERY time. I especially like dark bread with a chewy crust...or not! Will you share the recipe one more time once you perfect it? I could see me wanting to try it once when you're all done. I think the tips about the size of the pan and wrapping are important ones. Do you have a Core recipe for macaroni and cheese? I'd love to have that.

Rose, I'm glad you're enjoying your summer. Ah...if I could only learn to worry when it's time or when I can control the situation, I'd be SO much better off. The same has been said of me. If I'm not worrying I'm worrying that I'm not!

Sandra, Jim and I LOVE rib tips! One of our downfalls before our healthy eating began. I'm impressed that you went to water aerobics. I just love the water!

Patti, have a great visit with DD!

Frouf, I'm very glad that you found a staff replacement! What great news for you. I don't blame you for dreading DD's return. She was quite a handful right before she went to her Dad's house. Congrats on getting yourself to the gym!

Stacey, that's a GREAT non scale victory on the muffin this morning! Good for you! We're looking forward to getting to know you. Ohhhhh....you're a Yankee fan. We're fighting you guys for the wild card!

Saundra, make it easy on yourself. You are supposed to be retired and enjoying yourself!

Niki, I'm glad you're feeling better. The dress sounds fabulous and what a GREAT deal!

I'm on the phone with the Niece so I'm gonna go for now.

Katpo 08-16-2006 11:38 AM

Yep, Vickie -- I have a Core recipe for macaroni and cheese that has broccoli in it. We really like it a lot! It's one that came from SlimFast and I use FF cheddar instead of the low-fat they listed in order to make it Core.

Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli

1/2 chopped onion
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
3T. olive oil
2T. flour (omit for Core -- I didn't even know the difference with it not there)
1T. black pepper
3 cups skim milk
1 cup whole wheat rotini
8 oz. FF cheddar

Chop onions. Defrost broccoli, if using frozen.
Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute´ until soft.
Stir in flour and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add milk gradually while continuing to stir. Reduce heat to low and add uncooked pasta.
Cover saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in broccoli and continue to simmer for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until pasta is done.
Remove from heat and add shredded cheese, gently stirring until it is melted.
Pour mixture into a small casserole dish, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

I will most certainly repost the bread recipe after I am thoroughly pleased with it. I'm not a trigger-food eater ordinarily so having the bread hasn't messed me up. I ate a small slice this morning and it was plenty.

Rose, I did get the pictures and they are just spectacular! I love them! Now when are you going to invite us all up for a visit, hmmm? :D Enjoy what's left of your time up there this summer.

I missed Frouf's post somehow -- going now to find it! BBL!

PTAPrez238 08-16-2006 11:50 AM

Vicki,
Sorry to disappoint you, the Yankees are 3 games ahead of Boston right now. We play them 5 times this weekend so lets see what next week brings....LOL.

Niki,
Great buy on the dress. I buy my younger daughter old Pokemon games on Ebay. She loves to watch the bidding. Where on LI are you? Nassau or Suffolk. I'm 43 with 2 daughters and work full time at my brothers law firm. Nepotism is alive and well in NY.

Speaking of which, I'm typing at work so I better get back. I'll stop by later. Have a great day in the meantime all. :comp:

sauniemay 08-16-2006 11:52 AM

Okay, Kathy, so what happens to the rest of the olive oil???

Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute´ until soft.

Katpo 08-16-2006 11:59 AM

Okay, wait a minute. :lol: I had to use a recipe converter because the original was only one serving. I changed it to 4.

BRB!

Katpo 08-16-2006 12:02 PM

Uh ... drink it? I have no idea! I looked at the original version and they never even mention the other teaspoon! I'd saute the onion in the whole amount of oil. In the original, there was only 2 T of chopped onion instead of 1/2 cup (to serve 4) ... make sense?

Mattandgabbysmom 08-16-2006 12:02 PM

Stacey I live in Suffolk County, I am 41 with a 6yr old boy & a 3yr old girl.

Froufy 08-16-2006 03:00 PM

Well here I am a very tired lethargic Froufie today. Was up at 4 am - just pondering and worrying and thinking about what had to get done - then a few bathroom visits - a drink of water - and finally fell asleep on the loveseat in our alcove of bedroom! Obviously got to work a bit late - but at least I got here!

That build-a-bear thing just opened in the big mall near our house and dd is positively salivating and advising ME that that is where she is planning to have her birthday party? I don't even know if they do that? And we're talking 15 years old!

As for the 'concert whining' I REMINDED her that she was planning to go to dance class tonight (they have classes every wed during the summer and she has yet to attend) - open class $12 - she said she changed her mind - and I said she had made the committment and should go - besides she needs to get back into practice! (Did I mention the COMPULSORY dance camp she must attend next week in order to remain in the competitive program? Mon - friday 6-9 pm $200! - and that after being in camp all day - she doesn't seem to be fazed by this!). Will see what happens tonight!

Rose - sounds like I also need to see those pics - I sure feel like I am missing something now!....and my dd also loves Tim Horton's! (those chicken wrap things).

Angela - that dungeon visit sure sounds scary - do be careful out there! And as for the camp retreat - I missed the part in the schedule that says - 'sit around campfire telling scary stories and roasting marshmallows' - I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part???:D

Kathy - hope your new batch of yocheese works out! And I am preparing myself for the sounds coming from your posts after you have 'viewed' Shaun's room - I certainly hope you have advised him of how you would like it to be left?

Vickie - glad to hear you did not get run over - and I am jealous of your great bargain hunting adventure - sure hope you get some new and pretty stuff!

Speaking of which anyone heard of the brands "Torrid" or "One Step up"?? I am looking on ebay to get a black camisole - the kind with a bra built it (god knows I couldn't go without one) - want to wear it on formal night on cruise under my black sequined blazer (ooo la la)....they are selling for around $13 US (plus shipping) and not sure if one brand is better than the other??? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

As for my 'new hire' - of course another fly in the ointment - says he has to 'think about it' for a day - then an email today about his manager leaving (which no on apparently knew about) and so he would be acting in that position - and now he might not be able to come over.....well just shoot me now I say!!!

So I called his 2nd level mgr to 'discuss' - and basically finally got her to admit if asked she would say NO HE COULD NOT LEAVE - even tho this young fellow has been wanting to move to Ottawa for over a year! So know we are playing HARDBALL - yessiree - consulted w/my mgr - and she is also freaked out about this - and we will try and deploy him if required (this requires no one's permission or signature - just his willingness to accept the offer). THIS MEANS WAR! We are tired of all our plans to rehire falling thru - so take that!!!

I am waiting a bit before I call him back to shmooze him up a little more - geez this is not in my job description!!!! ha ha ha

Frouf

ontarget 08-16-2006 03:26 PM

nikki, that's a good idea getting the dress on ebay. we're going to a fall wedding in texas. i may look for me one. i'll wait till i see what size i'll be, though. it's the end of november. i'm hoping to have some more lbs off by then. and the rib tips? i asked for a takehome box. when it came, i told the waitress i didn't need it afterall. i just kept picking and picking and picking.

kathy, how many days in a row now for 100+*? it's starting to be like 1980, isn't it? this is hard to explain but when it's high 80's up here, it is hot. that sun is very intense. i won't go out much during the heat of the day. that reminds me of being in texas. like i said, it's hard to explain why 80ish is so hot up here.

angela, the retreat agenda sounds good. can i go?

vickie, i used to wear leggings and long tops. do you watch what not to wear? they really talk against them. well, they might be in favor of them again by now. i'm not sure. i used to wear stirrup pants and i had them in just about all colors. of course, i wore the black ones the most.

rose, good morning. well, i guess it's afternoon now, isn't it? i can tell you're having fun with your grands. that makes me smile. my weight was down another lb this am. life is good.

it's cooler today but extremely smokey. there are several fires around but the biggest (almost 7,000 acres) is around (and maybe at) the place we were looking to buy. we're thinking we'll prob stay put in town.

aghiowa 08-16-2006 03:28 PM

Frouf, if memory serves, One Step Up is a store brand, JC Penny I think. Anyhoo, I've had some of their stuff (mostly maternity) and it's of OK quality. It won't last you forever, but for a few wearings, should be fine.

Angela

Katpo 08-16-2006 03:59 PM

Sandra, I think they said this morning it was day 30. And they changed the high from 106 to 107 -- I guess when it reached 107!

Stacy and Clinton would NOT be pleased with all the long shirt/leggings talk today. Not at ALL! :rofl:

ontarget 08-16-2006 04:13 PM

107!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay in the house with the a/c flowing.

Katpo 08-16-2006 04:27 PM

I decided to add my temperature thingy. It only shows 100º right now -- the high is usually around 5-6 so we'll see what it says then. Hopefully it won't get as hot as they said it would.