Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Okay, Kathy, so what happens to the rest of the olive oil???

Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute´ until soft.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, wait a minute. I had to use a recipe converter because the original was only one serving. I changed it to 4.

BRB!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #33  

Uh ... drink it? I have no idea! I looked at the original version and they never even mention the other teaspoon! I'd saute the onion in the whole amount of oil. In the original, there was only 2 T of chopped onion instead of 1/2 cup (to serve 4) ... make sense?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #34  

Stacey I live in Suffolk County, I am 41 with a 6yr old boy & a 3yr old girl.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #35  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well here I am a very tired lethargic Froufie today. Was up at 4 am - just pondering and worrying and thinking about what had to get done - then a few bathroom visits - a drink of water - and finally fell asleep on the loveseat in our alcove of bedroom! Obviously got to work a bit late - but at least I got here!

That build-a-bear thing just opened in the big mall near our house and dd is positively salivating and advising ME that that is where she is planning to have her birthday party? I don't even know if they do that? And we're talking 15 years old!

As for the 'concert whining' I REMINDED her that she was planning to go to dance class tonight (they have classes every wed during the summer and she has yet to attend) - open class $12 - she said she changed her mind - and I said she had made the committment and should go - besides she needs to get back into practice! (Did I mention the COMPULSORY dance camp she must attend next week in order to remain in the competitive program? Mon - friday 6-9 pm $200! - and that after being in camp all day - she doesn't seem to be fazed by this!). Will see what happens tonight!

Rose - sounds like I also need to see those pics - I sure feel like I am missing something now!....and my dd also loves Tim Horton's! (those chicken wrap things).

Angela - that dungeon visit sure sounds scary - do be careful out there! And as for the camp retreat - I missed the part in the schedule that says - 'sit around campfire telling scary stories and roasting marshmallows' - I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part???

Kathy - hope your new batch of yocheese works out! And I am preparing myself for the sounds coming from your posts after you have 'viewed' Shaun's room - I certainly hope you have advised him of how you would like it to be left?

Vickie - glad to hear you did not get run over - and I am jealous of your great bargain hunting adventure - sure hope you get some new and pretty stuff!

Speaking of which anyone heard of the brands "Torrid" or "One Step up"?? I am looking on ebay to get a black camisole - the kind with a bra built it (god knows I couldn't go without one) - want to wear it on formal night on cruise under my black sequined blazer (ooo la la)....they are selling for around $13 US (plus shipping) and not sure if one brand is better than the other??? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

As for my 'new hire' - of course another fly in the ointment - says he has to 'think about it' for a day - then an email today about his manager leaving (which no on apparently knew about) and so he would be acting in that position - and now he might not be able to come over.....well just shoot me now I say!!!

So I called his 2nd level mgr to 'discuss' - and basically finally got her to admit if asked she would say NO HE COULD NOT LEAVE - even tho this young fellow has been wanting to move to Ottawa for over a year! So know we are playing HARDBALL - yessiree - consulted w/my mgr - and she is also freaked out about this - and we will try and deploy him if required (this requires no one's permission or signature - just his willingness to accept the offer). THIS MEANS WAR! We are tired of all our plans to rehire falling thru - so take that!!!

I am waiting a bit before I call him back to shmooze him up a little more - geez this is not in my job description!!!! ha ha ha

Frouf
Old 08-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

nikki, that's a good idea getting the dress on ebay. we're going to a fall wedding in texas. i may look for me one. i'll wait till i see what size i'll be, though. it's the end of november. i'm hoping to have some more lbs off by then. and the rib tips? i asked for a takehome box. when it came, i told the waitress i didn't need it afterall. i just kept picking and picking and picking.

kathy, how many days in a row now for 100+*? it's starting to be like 1980, isn't it? this is hard to explain but when it's high 80's up here, it is hot. that sun is very intense. i won't go out much during the heat of the day. that reminds me of being in texas. like i said, it's hard to explain why 80ish is so hot up here.

angela, the retreat agenda sounds good. can i go?

vickie, i used to wear leggings and long tops. do you watch what not to wear? they really talk against them. well, they might be in favor of them again by now. i'm not sure. i used to wear stirrup pants and i had them in just about all colors. of course, i wore the black ones the most.

rose, good morning. well, i guess it's afternoon now, isn't it? i can tell you're having fun with your grands. that makes me smile. my weight was down another lb this am. life is good.

it's cooler today but extremely smokey. there are several fires around but the biggest (almost 7,000 acres) is around (and maybe at) the place we were looking to buy. we're thinking we'll prob stay put in town.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #37  

Frouf, if memory serves, One Step Up is a store brand, JC Penny I think. Anyhoo, I've had some of their stuff (mostly maternity) and it's of OK quality. It won't last you forever, but for a few wearings, should be fine.

Angela
Old 08-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #38  

Sandra, I think they said this morning it was day 30. And they changed the high from 106 to 107 -- I guess when it reached 107!

Stacy and Clinton would NOT be pleased with all the long shirt/leggings talk today. Not at ALL!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

107!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay in the house with the a/c flowing.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #40  

I decided to add my temperature thingy. It only shows 100º right now -- the high is usually around 5-6 so we'll see what it says then. Hopefully it won't get as hot as they said it would.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Gee Sandra, looks like it's cooling off in your neck of the woods. I'm now hearing that it will be nice here until Saturday, which is a bit of a bummer, but you never know.

Kathy, I can't imagine enduring that kind of heat for so long. I bet there are a lot of folks who don't venture out of their houses. You gotta wonder about the human facotor in all of this. Are we partly responsible????

Frouf, sounds like you're ready for war. I'm sure that eventually everything will turn out for you. DS is now in French training. It will be full time until mid December, and he's liking it a lot.

Niki, do you have a picture of the dress? You did good!

Vickie, hope your shopping has been a success. I went into a high end store near home and bought 3 pieces, regular $250 for $75, a pair of white capris, a blue hooded cardigan, and a very sexy top which will be for Mexico. I get braver when we're in the tropics.

Angela, your retreat sound super. IMO, we (women) don't do enough of that kind of thing, great idea!

Rose, have fun with the grands. Dave and Natan are coming for dinner tonight. We'll probably order in.

Melissa, hope they day is going well today. Glad you had time with your dad.

Stacey, looks like there's going to be some baseball competition around here. I'm liking the Tigers.

I went into the grocery store around the corner to discover that they now carry my favourit organic yogurt and of course it's now turning into YoChee. I guess everyone is getting tired of the word by now.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:55 PM   #42  

Hi Glad you gals are enjoying the pictures, Froufie if you send me your address I will send them to you. Then you will see I am a real person, I feel bad that I do not give much information about myself on here but I explained why when I first came on.
Rose
Old 08-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #43  

Afternoon chickies,
Saundra, I wanted to ask you what brand of yogurt do you buy?? I can do the coffee filter thingy, but not the yocheese maker. No kitchen stores around us. Id love to try it..I saw the recipe for taziki and I love that stuff. The dips sounded pretty good as well.
Vickie,, aww, I was disappointed Jim didnt get to audition,,that really sucks, and to go thru what you did,,,uuugh. Next time.
Sandra, those rib tips sound yummy! Good going on passing up the leftovers.
Angela, ohhh,,,that sounds like fun!! Are you going to join? I love your retreat idea. Sounds so relaxing and rejuvenating!
Froufy, he must be good if they dont want him to leave. Thats a good sign!
Keep after him..
Waving hi to everyone else!! Hope your having a great day
As for the legging and long tops,,I love them, but way too short to wear them!! And I think thats Stacey's point! haha
Old 08-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

yo!! cheese!!! saundra, i like reading about it. our temp is cooler, but there's so much smoke in the air. there are no shadows outside and it looks a lot darker than normal. we'll all be glad when these forest fires are out. this has happened every year i've lived here. just part of summer, i guess.

patti, i didn't have any lo's to worry about. i ate all of them while we were still there. but i didn't eat any sides or anything else.

melissa, how's your day? did you check on that job close to your mom?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #45  

I was just checking to see if the pictures went ok, it all looked good except they did not turn out in the order I said they were in. You guys will be able to figure it out I am sure.

Vicki, I was disappointed to hear about the Millionaire I was thinking I would love to see Jim, and to win money. I guess there are a lot of people trying out for it. I watch it every day, love it.

Well have to go and think of something for supper.
Rose
Closed Thread