Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #1  

Default How long on Core - and how much weight lost?

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how long they've been on core and how much weight they've lost.

Do you think Core is a good plan for someone that needs to lose 100 pounds? Can it be a successful long-term weight loss eating foods where there is no real limit except your hunger?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #2  
Melissa

I think it definitely can. My lack of losing has been because I haven't stayed on program for long enough periods to let it work. But when I have, I have lost. I think it is even BETTER than a lot of other "programs" for those with lots to lose because it teaches us how to eat (and listen to our bodies) rather than creating a set of rules that we won't live by forever. Just my opinion!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

My first month on Core was in Sept. of 2004 and I lost 12 pounds. It's basically all I wanted to lose so I've maintained it within 3-4 pounds for that time. I have a goal of 139 but it's more a "fun goal" than out of necessity. I'm 5'7" and currently a size 8, so I'm not interested in losing much more.

My first 15 pounds were lost on WW Flex and that was done between Labor Day and Thanksgiving of 2003. I maintained it for nearly a year before starting Core.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #4  

Forgot to add though, portion control is still a big player on the Core plan. It's not that the foods on the list magically burn fat no matter how much you eat. You still have to create a calorie deficit in order to lose on any healthy plan: calories in must be less than calories burned.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Man, Kath, you aren't just kidding! I lost 45 pounds between October 2004 and October 2005. When I stopped exercising, I stopped losing. But, I've maintained with just eating Core foods. I still have 115 pounds to lose and intend to do it on Core.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #6  
Never give up

S/C/G: 298/230/150

I started WW 11/11/04 and lost my first 73 pounds before flex came along. After that I lost all disciple for some reason. Ok , I know why hording points to spend on junk. I have struggled every since then gaining back 19 pounds. Core came along and I thought if I tried it I would just gain more weight back. Well I had to do something because I wasn’t going back to 298. Three weeks ago I started core and have lost 7 pounds so far.
So far it’s working for me but there are for sure certain foods I can not have in the house. I was 2 pounds away from my 75 pound magnet before. now I am hoping that by June 27 (my birthday) I will be getting that magnet.

Lynn
Old 03-07-2006, 05:33 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lynn, I like your motto. It's mine too! Congratulations on your progress so far. I know you'll get that magnet for a glorious birthday present.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

I started core on October 9th of last year. I lost 20 pounds by the end of December which took me to my goal weight. Since then, I've lost another 5-6pounds. Core is a plan that can work. Last year, when I heard about it, I didn't think that I would like it, but I was wrong. It gives you a lot of freedom, and if you are willing to "play" with the core food list. There are all kinds of meal and snack choices. The recipes on this board are wonderful.

Give it a try, have fun and I bet you will stay here for a long time.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/162/153

I started Core the first of February. I have lost 7 pounds on core so far. I have been on WW pretty much since I was 13 years old. The flex plan always worked for me, but lately I have not had enough discipline to get back to my goal weight on Flex. I switched to Core to try to shake it up. I was really scared of it at first, but now I love it. There are so many good foods you can eat on core. I am enjoying eating healthy again!!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #10  
jadedjane

14 1/2 months on core, one month into maintainence. My start weight was 310, and my current weight is just under 145. 165 pounds total weight loss (though I still havent gotten used to maintainence yet, so I'm still losing a little here and there). I started WW just after the core program was released and very few people in my meeting had tried it. I never tried flex, I just went straight to core, and have had 2/3 of the class change over since.

Initially, the core list of foods seems really restrictive, but it's not at all. These are all foods that should be included in your well balanced *D-word*. I have used the core program as my opportunity to get creative with my cooking. Some nights I say to myself "I'd really like thai food" or maybe it's morrocan or italian... whichever... and pull out some of my favorite recipes and do "core conversions"... or get as close to core as possible.

for instance:

This weekend, I'm going to try and use polenta (which is core) as a pie crust, because polenta is so versitile (sweet or savory). I just havent decided what type of pie to try it with.

so... give core a shot, let the creativity flow, make something tasty for dinner, and give yourself a chance to shine

Old 03-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #11  

Core is a very livable program. I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks for my work day. I ocassionally go out to lunch somewhere that I can get a steak or chicken breast, plainly prepared, with a baked potato and salad.. or I spend a few of my weekly points on a sub (roast beef, no cheese on 6" wheat at subway for 5 pts).. I make a big pot of soup, and put it into individual containers on Sunday, freeze half so if I get sick of it by wed. it won't go to waste. I can get a fruit plate from mc d's or wendy's and skip the sugared walnuts or sauce and still be totally core, or I can carry my own fruit and save some money. I can get a skinny, sugar free vanilla latte and feel naughty, but be soooooo on plan. Life is great on core.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #12  

Okay, this skinny sugar-free vanilla latte comes from where??? I don't know why, but that just sounds really good right now.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #13  
jadedjane

you can order a nonfat sugar free latte (in vanilla or hazlenut) at starbucks, though I recommend going with a half shot of the flavor.. It can get really sweet. The "tall" is core. All major coffe houses offer nonfat sugar free coffee goodies, but don't always advertise that they do. I'f you're lucky enogh to live near a diedrich's coffee house, try it there, the sugar free selection is fantastic
Old 03-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #14  

Thanks!! I must confess that I've never been to Starbucks although they're everywhere here. Looks like I'm going there this afternoon!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #15  

I get mine at the daily grind...... sooo yummy. If you get it w/ SF vanilla (or whatever flavor you fancy) you don't generally need to add additional sweetner.

Good luck!
Closed Thread