Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  
jadedjane

Default I adore CORE!!

It's my first day in this forum, and I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post an introduction thread. but here goes...

I've been a member of WW for just over a year. I started with the core plan from day one, and I'll stick with it till the very last ounce comes off. I LOVE it! I am admittedly lazy in almost everything I do, so the thought of counting points, measuring, and keeping track of every little thing I eat (I'd be writing all day) was frightening. Thats why I chose the core plan. I think, in my humble opinion, I have seen great success with it thus far. I can see myself keeping with it even through maintainence (and for the rest of my life). It's such a natural way of eating.

Stats:
start weight: 310
current weight: 150
goal weight: 140

14 months with WW core
Old 01-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Wow! Those are some pretty impressive numbers!

We have a thread titled Core-porate Profiles where you can fill out a little info about yourself.

Welcome!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #3  
Melissa

WOW! Those are amazing stats. Good for you!
We're always glad to have new people. And since you've been so successful, maybe you can help the rest of us out!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

You are in the right place - welcome and congrats on your superb success!

Please join us on our #37 chat thread!

Frouf
Old 01-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Jane. We started the same time and weighed almost the same amount. I'm ashamed of myself compared to you! I've only lost 45 pounds. I adore Core too. Maybe you can help me figure out how to achieve your success.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #6  

WELCOME JADEDJANE.
You have done a awesome job with the weight loss. I have been with WW 16 months and have lost only 52 1/2 lbs. Maybe you can give me some advice on how to stay motivated. I would love to be at goal by the end of this year. But at the rate I am going. I dont think that will happen.
Again welcome. You will be a inspiration for me. And any advice greatly apperciated.
coco
Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #7  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Wow- that is amazing!! I've been doing Core since 9/29 and I love it too.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #8  

JadedJane....your success is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only goes to Prove....If YOU *work* the Program, THE Program *works*.......

Kudo's to YOU!!!!!!!!!! I see success like this everyday....even with people with as much to lose as you did, who have been *SUCCESSFUL* on Flex...with over a hundred pounds to lose.

You should be so proud of your accomplishment!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #9  

Let me add my congratulations to you Jadedjane!!! That is amazing!!!!! Welcome to the core board.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #10  

Default your treats

what do you use as your treats? How much popcorn do you have on a day and week? What else gave you such wonderful results.. Thanks, Jan
Old 01-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #11  
jadedjane

Janet,
for treats and snacks I like the following (some are not core):

Dannon light and fit yogurt (60 cal. no fat) any flavor
or dannon light and fit plus fiber.

fat free / sugar free pudding made with skim milk

an apple - I eat one a day without fail

pita chips (home made) try finding a whole grain pita or one with less fat (like "the alternative pita" from western - sold in southern california, but any reduced fat pita will work. cut the pita up into triangles and seperate the fronts and backs (for a really crispy chip) pop them in the oven for a few minutes and season them with whatever you like (I like paprika). I use them to dip in my roasted red pepper hummus. the pita is filling all by itself, so find a buddy to share it with, and the hummus is so loaded with flavor you only need a tiny bit.

fat free pringles (if you really need that "junk food" treat) 70 calories for a serving (about 15 crisps) and it has fiber too!!

a slice of wonder light bread with laughing cow light cheese.

carrots....naked, natural, beautiful, crunchy sweet carrots - all by themselves or with hummus.

one serving of fat free cottage cheese with salsa. It's a little different than your average fruit and cottage cheese, but the kick in the salsa masks that "chalky" texture / flavor that some fat free cottage cheeses have.

I'll PM you with more if you need it
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #12  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

JadedJane,
Okay--I think you may be dangerous to my health. When I read about your fabulous success, I fell off my chair! LOL. Weigh to go. You must be so proud. I love Core too and I love your healthy positive attitude. Thanks for posting here and much continued success.
Judy Itry
Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jane, don't PM....tell us all!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #14  
Melissa

Yes! Jane, thanks for sharing. Any other ideas, or a typical menu day or something like that would be appreciated to. You've done so well.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #15  
Back on Track

Add my congratulations to the rest! Wow! Please, do share more of your tips. We would all appreciate any pointers you can give! You must be absolutely beaming!
Closed Thread