Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Thinking of trying core

Hi! I'm new here. I found this site by doing a google search and I'm looking for
support and also, I've been on flex for about a year now and I'm stuck.

So, I was thinking about trying core but I'm alittle worried and have some questions. How do you know when to stop eating? If you don't write it down(well..I hardly did that anyway )how does it work?

I welcome any and all suggestions!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Hi,

One of the central aspects of the Core program is learning "when to say when." I think the week 1 book has a "satiety index" chart that illustrates this better than my description. The basic idea is to rate your hunger on a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is "Not at all hungry, STUFFED!" and 5 is "I could eat a horse, a tire, or anything you put in front of me." You want to stay in the 2-4 range, eating until satisfied but not full. Likewise, you don't want to wait until you're hungry to eat. I find it helps to have small meals prepped, and eat them throughout the day. If I wait until I'm famished I'm more likely to make poor food choices. If I eat until full, well, I'm probably eating too much and I'm not going to see a loss on the scale that week.

It's definitely something to get used to, and planning definitely helps. The bonus of the core plan is that all of the foods are so filling, I've incorporated them into my flex weeks to keep myself fuller.

Best wishes on your journey into Core!

-Amy

p.s. you do still need to write down/track your non-core points for the week. It's less to keep track of, but still important!

Last edited by ameliaamy; 11-02-2005 at 08:49 PM. Reason: unclear
Old 11-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #3  
Melissa

Amy and Catcookie! We're glad to have you and hope that we'll get to know you as we go together on this crazy journey.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I think the biggest benefit of Core for me is that it forces me to make the decision of when I've had enough. I'm a compulsive nibbler, but since I started following Core I don't snack anywhere near as much as I used to.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #5  
Melissa

Maria, I think you're right. I still snack a lot, but I tend to choose snacks that are healthier and more filling, and eat one snack instead of 5.
It's good to see all of these new "faces." You guys have to forgive us, we've been a busy bunch and haven't properly welcomed you!! Please feel free to join us on the daily chat thread, which is #33 or something like that. We'd love to get to know you.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #6  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Thanks Melissa!
Closed Thread