3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Feeling Fit & Flirty on Coreboard 30! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/66213-feeling-fit-flirty-coreboard-30-a.html)

Vickie 10-05-2005 11:16 PM

Kathy, I'd understand why you'd be tempted to follow Judd's program. Although, if he's eating Core dinners you could still keep doing your own thing at breakfast and lunch and stay Core, right? You don't pack his breakfast and lunch for him, do you?

BTW, if you guys need help spending that $40, I'm your girl!

Froufy 10-05-2005 11:18 PM

Thanks for the support Vickie - and I sure do think you should take that 2nd dose of antibiotics TONIGHT! I don't think it's too close since your last does was at 2 pm! No point in suffering thru the night til tomorrow - I say go for it!

Frouf

Katpo 10-05-2005 11:22 PM

Good grief, I didn't even see Frouf's post until you responded to it! I guess she posted while I was typing, then I didn't even go back to read mine, so didn't see hers.

Okay Frouf, girlfriend -- that boy has got some kinda nerve. I'm with you though; you have to pick the right time to tell DH about the blowup or it'll just get worse. I think I would have been screaming right along with you and Vickie, out of sheer frustration. It's just so damned irritating that they have such an entitlement mentality! We owe them WHAT??? Um, sorry ... after you turn 18, we owe you NOTHING. If you're an adult, then the rent's due on the 1st. And by the way, it is a privilege to live in my house once you're an "adult" ... not a right. Like I told my DS the other day, it might be boring to live here, but it's much more boring at the night shelter so he oughta just get a grip and be grateful.

Vickie, I hope the meds kick in very soon. I wouldn't worry about the exercise for now anyway. And that game! I was worrying right up til the very end! Yankees are currently winning 1-0 but it's still in the 4th so there's time for a turnaround.

Judd came home from bowling and promptly made his breakfast and lunch for tomorrow. He's measuring and bagging things and cutting up fruit, etc. It's kinda cute but he'd better keep it up. We need to buy a fridge for the garage so he can store all his extra food.

Vickie 10-06-2005 08:44 AM

Good Morning, Chicks!

Kath, Judd sure does sound motivated! I hope he keeps it up. Maybe this togetherness will help you get rid of that last 10 pounds you are so determined to lose.

Thanks so much, Frouf! I took another antibiotic before I went to bed last night. Although not well, I definitely feel a bit of relief this morning. Today is going to be a very lazy day. LO's for dinner and me laying on the couch with my blankie. Ahhhhh.

The only important thing I'll be doing today is trying to get White Sox tickets for the next round of the playoffs which go on sale today. Our friend is trying to get us tickets too.

Well, I'm going to go start a menu thread. Too bad I can't think of anything clever to title it!

Katpo 10-06-2005 09:13 AM

Glad you're a teeny bit better, Vickie. I'm sure you're ready to get back to your normal self! Good luck with the tickets. This is going to be a GREAT playoff season!

I'm supposed to work 10 hours today so I'll have all my time and can be off tomorrow, but instead I think I'll work maybe 6-7 and come in tomorrow morning for a while. I've got nothing better to do anyway except for clean house, and I'm sure it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

I'm not joining in Judd's reindeer games until I finish eating all the other stuff I had already bought, like the crab for salad, and FF cottage cheese, etc. After that though, I'll see. Cooking multiple dinners will be the main problem, but if I eat my own breakfast and lunch (like you suggested), and then make sure the dinners I cook for him are Core, then I should be fine. If some of them aren't exactly Core, I can tweak them but so far the ones I've seen are perfect. Tonight is the Two Pepper Chicken, brown rice and salad; tomorrow night is the Black Beans and Rice and salad, and Saturday night is Beef Kabobs with vegetables, brown rice, and a salad. I hope he doesn't get tired of brown rice because it's been in nearly every meal I've seen so far. One night next week we'll be having spaghetti and meatballs, and the spaghetti will be WW so it'll be a nice change.

I'd better see about doing some work for a little while. Be back later!

Vickie 10-06-2005 09:29 AM

Don't forget, I'm waiting to hear how that sour cream/cheese concoction experiment goes! It sounds so good that I'm drooling!

I'm not sure what' up but I'm STARVING today. I can barely wait the hour for my Prevacid before I can eat.

Maybe it's because the darn bacteria is finally starting to die off?

Here's a question for you, Kath. Four days of playoff tickets are available. We have home field advantage so 4 days are being offered. Jim wants me to try for game 1 but I think we should try for game 2. I think everyone will be going for game 1 and they will sell out so fast that we won't have time to get to game 2. Don't you think it makes more sense to try for game 2 straight out? Or maybe one of the later games?

Katpo 10-06-2005 09:56 AM

I would go for a later game. They should be easier to get -- you're right, everybody will be trying for game 1. Plus, excitement will have built leading up to the subsequent games and they'll be good and tense! :lol: Gotta love the tension!

ontarget 10-06-2005 12:45 PM

kathy, i'm the queen of trying new things and i'm now back at the weight i was at a few months ago. oh? i could help you with the $40, too. curtis is hunting his weight off. yesterday he did a lot of hiking. he's gone this am so i'm assuming he's doing a lot more. he's walking terrain that i can't. i'm glad he's feeling better and is able to go this on his own for a few days.

frouf, i'd be upset, too. hang in there.

vickie, are you feeling better? i hope you get your tickets. what a treat that would be!

i need to get off here and make lunch. davy crockett should be home soon. or maybe i should say boris batternoff will be home for lunch with natasha soon.

Vickie 10-06-2005 01:30 PM

I REALLY HATE ticketmaster. I couldn't get through. Waited for 15 minutes and then got a processing error. It pretended to be searching for tickets all that while. Maybe someone else will come through for us. If not, we'll just watch on TV, I guess.

I'm still ravenous. I'm going to go have some applesauce now. I already ate my tamale pie. What on earth is wrong with me. One of the side effects of my antibiotic is LOSS of appetite. Hah!

Froufy 10-06-2005 01:40 PM

Glad you're feeling a bit better Vickie - but for me I do sometimes get super hungry when taking antibiotics... and please, please don't drool on your blankie for goodness sake!

Sorry about the tickets - but I can really relate- I hate not being able to get thru!

Kathy - those dinners sounds pretty good and core friendly - I hope Judd can hang in there.

I am back at work today with my shorter highlighted hair! Warm out today - but I am stuck inside - took me all morning to go thru my emails - I was only away 2 days - you'd think I was gone for a week or something!

I have lots of stuff I MUST get done by tomorrow and I am not making any headway yet - need to buckle down and just do it - I feel like I am floundering.

And did I mention that additional nvoice from dd's dance school! I AM LIVID about it and tend to talk to them tonight when I go in - not sure who will be in the office tho and I am wondering if I am better off sending an email so I don't go all crazy. Seems we (the parents) need to pay additional monies for some hotshot choreographer coming in next week to choreograph the jazz dance! What's up w/that? In her previous school they did this themselves? And I certainly think if they do hire someone from outside they are the ones who should pay and not the parents? or for goodness sake just roll it into the yearly fees! So now I have to come up with an additional $170 (by oct 13 no less or dd is not in the dance).

I need to confirm that there will be NO MORE SURPRISES and if there are I want to be forewarned so I can budget accordingly! I want to complain but don't want to come off as a raving lunatic/tightwad - I'm sure there's a happy medium? right?

Frouf

Vickie 10-06-2005 02:00 PM

For another $170 and no notice in a week's time, they desire worse than a raving lunatic tightwad! Actually, I agree with you completely. There should be no hidden fees. Did the curriculum include DD being in this show? If so, then they should eat her $170. Let the other parents fend for themselves.

Katpo 10-06-2005 02:31 PM

I would be plenty ticked. Seems like they would have known they would hire an outside choreographer back when the class began; but if not then, surely they have known it for a while! I don't think it is fair of them at all and I would raise a pretty big ruckus if it were me.

Froufy 10-06-2005 02:48 PM

Well I'm glad I'm not crazy - but I know most of the parents will probably mutter under their breath and just pay up - and I will be seen as the crazy stingy mom and I hate for dd to be stigmatized because of it - but a frouf must do what a frouf must do.

I have already fired off an email to the directors asking if this is a) typical procedure and b) could I please be advised ASAP of any other hidden surprises so I can budget accordingly. Also suggested that they should be the ones bearing this cost and/or rolling in into the yearly fees (so people like me don't go haywire!). Can't wait to hear their response!

Okay I've completed my workplan (due tomorrow) and will sleep on it and review it tomorrow - now I really really absolutely have to complete the PPIA table that was due like a couple of weeks ago (consultant is patiently waiting for this). I am also pretty angry with my staff member who is away today and tomorrow - she has set up an important meeting w/other consultants tomorrow - we need to provide them w/some very specific information and details. She was to talk to my supervisor while I was off (which she did) - but she has NOT LEFT ME ANY INFORMATION. So I have no idea what changes/revisions I need to present tomorrow and I don't know what she was thinking. I am hoping by the time she gets back (Tuesday) I will be in a more rational state of mind to discuss this with her. I am now off to her office to rifle thru her documents in hope I can a) find the stuff and b) talk to our supervisor yet again to get the final revision info correct! Geez......

ontarget 10-06-2005 03:09 PM

frouf, i agree with vickie and kathy (a: you go get'm girl!! and b: don't take any flack from them!) seriously, hang in there girl and let them know where you stand.

vickie, i hope your friend gets you tickets. i would hate for you and jim to not get to go. don't give up either. keep trying.

curtis is home mooseless but he had fun. we may both go out this afternoon. i am very proud of him for getting out. i have to tell you that i almost had to push him out the door yesterday. his depression is getting better. i'm thinking all these walks with nature will be good meds for him.

Vickie 10-06-2005 03:44 PM

Frouf, good for you for sending the email! Is the staff member the one who was already sensitive with you? Hope you do ok at the meeting tomorrow.

Sandra, I'm glad Curtis got out and came back without harm. Too bad he also came back without Moose! What does one do with a Moose when they shoot them? Us City/Suburban kids from up North don't know these things.