3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Feeling Fit & Flirty on Coreboard 30! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/66213-feeling-fit-flirty-coreboard-30-a.html)

aghiowa 10-10-2005 09:33 AM

Way to go Kathy, on passing up that Coke!

I am back on plan today. This weekend I just kind of let go. I didn't eat horribly, but it wasn't Core. It's all OK though. I think I'm getting sick again, darn it! This week is going to be very busy for me too.

Dd #2 is in a parent-run preschool, and it's my week to teach. So Tuesday and Thursday morning, I'll have 6 preschoolers running around here. I enjoy doing it, but it is quite exhausting. I need to get my house whipped in to shape before tomorrow, and finish planning my lesson and getting everything laid out.

I probably won't be on the board much this week, because of preschool.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!
Angela

Froufy 10-10-2005 10:02 AM

Hey Angela - enjoy the kiddies and the preschool

Vickie - hope you survive your WI - and are ready for a brand new week!

Kathy - sounds like you (and Judd) are going GREAT on your plan - whatever works is my motto!

I was a big piggie yesterday - there were 14 people at niece's (smallish) townhouse for turkey dinner - what a feast - lots of turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, squash, carrots brocolli and gravy - none of that was too bad - it was like the 15 pies/cakes and desserts that did me in. They were fabulous - esp these pumpkin squares w/cream cheese topping - and I don't even like pumpkin that much! Oh well

I dare not get on the scale this morning tho!

We had lots of fun socializing w/everyone and of course were the last to leave at around 11 pm - little ds feel asleep in the car on the way home - I of course stayed up til 1 am and now still feel tired - just got up - in my jammies and intend to stay like this for as long as possible :) All stores closed today due to Thanksgiving and we kinda did not get any groceries this weekend - not like the fridge is empty but we did need some more food for the week. Also need to get to Starbucks and get some more coffee for work (wonder if they are open today??).

This week is Yom Kippur, our Day of Atonement which requires us to fast from sundown to sundown (wed-thurs) so I will be "fililng" up on wed ha ha ha. Hope to be at synagogie most of thurs (until the headache sets in that is) then invited to friend's place to "break the fast" (7:05 pm). Then back to work on Friday - UGH! Hope I survive!

Time for breakfast!

Frouf

mumto2 10-10-2005 10:25 AM

Morning all :coffee:

Lazy day here. Kids are off school for Columbus Day; then they are off again on Thursday for "october recess".......really I think its for Yom Kippur, but they can't call it that because they don't call Christmas, Christmas. That holiday is Winter recess.

So, I just got off the treadmill. Walked 2 miles in 36 minutes. Was trying to get in under 30 minutes, but I was already walking as fast as 3.6 mph which is practically a small jog for my short legs. Kept playing with the speed cuz I can't walk that fas the whole time. As the sweat was running down the side of my face, I was thinking.........this has to be a better workout than WATP. I don't sweat doing that.

Must get my shower and take DS for a hair cut. School pictures on Wed., then DD wants to shop for a halloween costume. She wants to be "gothic ballerina". DS is going as a skeleton - was running around in his costume last night and scared the dog.

Tom Tom go away...........don't come back EVER!

Lisa

septembersgoal 10-10-2005 10:45 AM

Angela, have fun this week with the preschool. That is really a neat idea.

Frouf, it sounds like you had a good time yesterday. And you have a busy week!

Lisa, good job with your exercise. I did WATP this weekend after not doing it for a long time and it made my legs sore! :lol: I think your body just gets used to whatever it is you are doing. Good luck finding that gothic ballerina costume. I'm trying to imagine what that would even look like! :)

I'm hungry! :hungry:

jennie934 10-10-2005 10:59 AM

Hey Ladies, I figured I'd jump in here and let you all know how my WI went. I lost 2.6! yeah! finally a loss, for the past 3 weeks on flex, I was haveing small gains so I am so excited to have lost. Thank you all for the help and answers to my questions on the threads. Someitmes in my meetings, I don't want to ask to many questions so its nice to came and get advice from you all. Go CORE!

septembersgoal 10-10-2005 11:57 AM

:bravo: Jennie! That is a fabulous loss. I'm glad that we have been helpful to you. Congrats!

Vickie 10-10-2005 12:25 PM

Melissa, Good Luck! You can do it. Today's meeting was about looking at other hard things you've successfully accomplished in your life that took long range planning and determination.

Kath, you go Girl!

I'm back from my meeting. I gained 4.4. Wow! I'm very bloated. I can barely move my rings. I also put on my jeans for fall and winter so a bit is clothes. The other is also from not exercising. I'm feeling well enough to start exercising again tomorrow. I'll not be giving up my 45 pound chick. I'm treating this as a temporary blip.

Hope you all have a great day. I'm taking my honey Jim out to lunch. I'll be having a lovely Core salad.

Oh Yeah! The best news of all. Our friend, the White Sox organist, called this morning. Her husband and BIL are GIVING us their seats for tomorrow night's game! She said she felt so bad that we couldn't be there. Aren't they the most generous people on earth! So we'll be in Section 102, row 4, which is between Center and Right field. Watch for us to try and catch a home run ball! Here's the map. If you click on Section 102 you can see the view we'll have from our seats. We are SO excited to be in the park. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA...rk_seating.jsp

Gotta go, Jim's hungry. I'll be back later.

septembersgoal 10-10-2005 12:31 PM

Vickie, that is great about the seats! Fantastic! I know that you guys are very excited. I'm glad that you aren't giving up your chick and are just treating this like the blip that it is. Just think of the loss that you will have next week! :D You have had a difficult week. Enjoy your salad and we'll talk to you later!

Katpo 10-10-2005 12:57 PM

Awesome!! That is just the nicest thing I can imagine! I'll be watching for you for sure!!!

And what a good attitude about the gain -- which you are 100% correct, it's just a teeny blip on this big picture. Hey, maybe it'll warm up and you can wear summer clothes next week! Think of the loss you'd have then!! :lol:

Time for my lunch, then I have to leave at 1:15 to go home and meet the plumber. My afternoon snack is popcorn but wouldn't you know it, it's just one cup! ONE CUP! A mini bag makes 3 cups, so at least it'll last me for 3 days. I guess a whole package of 10 will last me a month! Good grief!

ontarget 10-10-2005 01:46 PM

kathy, i knew you'd know the wolf brand chili thingee. thank you. my old feeble mind was straining but couldn't come up with anything.

patti, thank you for the explanation of cheezies. they sound good. thank you for holding me accountable. i think another thing i'm going to do is to not step on the scales till halloween. i'm a scales-aholic so that will be hard. when i step on the iron monster and my weight's up, i tell myself not to let it bother me, but it does. i go awol usually during the day after that.

vickie, you're smart to go ahead and wear heavier clothes today and get that over with. i know you've prob already had wi and have posted here, but i am just now catching up reading. i'll be watching for your report. can you get sas shoes in your area? down in texas they have outlet stores. there's one about 30 miles from where we'll be when we go for a visit. i'll prob try to get a better buy on some when we're there. right now, i'm high bidder on ebay with about 2.5 hours to go.

melissa, did you see where i changed my halloween goal to 189. who is it here who says "tiny steps"? guess that's what we're taking. maybe we'll be dancing soon. or even running!

angela, those preschoolers are in for a treat. you'll be a great teacher. have fun!!!

frouf, i love reading about your religion. i know very little about jewish traditions. thank you for sharing with us. would you post that website again for us who were too lazy to click on it before? i'd really like to learn more. sounds like you had a great thanksgiving.

lisa, a gothic princess sounds kewl! congratulations on doing the treadmill. you go, girl!

congratulations, jennie!!!!

vickie, what a great friend!!! you and jim will have a grand time. i am so proud of you for putting everything in perspective today. that's quite an accomplishment. again, you are an inspiration to all of us. (now can i borrow your tickets?) seriously, you get an A+.

kathy, i was wondering how much popcorn you got on that plan. it's hard for me not to eat a whole bag (big bag) of 94% popcorn.

speaking of food. it's time for lunch. i need to get off here and go figure out what i'm having. lunch will be light cuz curtis is out chasing moose. we'll have a larger dinner. ya'll have a good afternoon. i'll be back shortly.

Vickie 10-10-2005 02:49 PM

Hey! I'm back from lunch. It was delicious. We filled up the car with gas and got some cash for the game tomorrow night. Can you tell we are excited?!!!

Angela, you seem so calm and organized and fun! I'm sure your pre-school is just fabulous. You always have such fun ideas. It's good that you don't sound too worried about your weekend. It happened and it's in the past. You are back on track and that's what matters. We'll miss you around here. I was already missing you since you've been playing your game. Now I'll REALLY be missing you!

Jennie, Congratulations! :cb: I am SO happy for you. :cp: I know how hard it is to be working on something and not have any positive results. A 2.6 loss is an accomplishment to be very proud of. :dance: :dance: Keep stringing those great weeks together and you'll be to goal in no time! :woo:

Kath, good luck with the plumber. As far as the popcorn goes, I don't think I've EVER eaten just one cup.

Thanks for the encouragement, Melissa. Whatever plan you choose, I hope you stay here with us for when you do go back on Core.

Sandra, we definitely have SAS shoe stores here but I've never been in them. I keep postponing the shoe shopping trip. I'll have to go look on Ebay. I don't even know what they look like. I'm hoping there are some stylish ones.

Well, guess I better go work on my budget and other paperwork. BTW, I was feeling very fat today when I went to one of our favorite restaturants for my salad. We know all the waitresses and one told me that I look really good and they can tell how much weight I've lost. Of course, they all know I'm on Core because I drive them nuts with my "special" orders. Isn't it nice to get positive reinforcement when you really need it?

Talk to you all later.

ontarget 10-10-2005 03:13 PM

vickie, what a fantastic nsv. sure makes me smile. i love your excitement! you and jim will have a blast tomorrow. what time will you leave for the game? i have a little time left on ebay. i may be getting a new pair of shoes. these are black. i have teak and navy so far. my feet are feeling better. i just keep changing the orthodic from shoe to shoe.

Froufy 10-10-2005 03:33 PM

Well still in my jammies - and hoping for a nap pretty soon. Dh gone out "drumming" and has found a Starbucks which is open today so he is getting me some of my favorite decaf sumatra for my work coffee maker as I am all out!

DD is washing the dishes!!! In some strange manner - ?? but at least she's doing them. She was at her dad's this weekend and came home w/all sort of halloweenie stuff and has decorated her bedroom and bedroom door (with the help of little ds).

Big ds is watching some movie at the kitchen table on the new laptop - like what about those 2 midterms you're supposed to be studying for? Well turns out he's taking a break - seems like a very looonng break to me!

Vickei - way to go on scoring those tickets - glad you got those and hope you have a blast! Enjoy yourselves.

Sandra - Good luck with getting those black shoes! Hope you're the "winner".

Jennie - way to go on your fabulous loss - keep up the good work!

Kathy - sounds like a hot date w/the plumber! Have fun - enjoy the popcorn too!

Gee I hope dd finishes the dishes before dh gets home (just called and is on his way) - cuz I know he'll having something to say about her methodology - ha ha ha. Ya there could be worse things in life....

Frouf

ontarget 10-10-2005 03:41 PM

frouf, i missed out on the shoes. i'll try again, though. keep enjoying your day.

septembersgoal 10-10-2005 04:13 PM

Wow you guys were busy while I was working. ;) So far so good today. I've stuck to my menu so far, which is a big accomplishment for me, especially when I am as hungry as I have been today. I'm getting ready to munch on some applesauce. DH is supposed to have dinner all ready when I get home so we can get to the concert tonight in a hurry. We are having rotissiere chicken, green beans, and baked potato. It is an NSV for us to eat something healthy when in a hurry--that is usually when we break down and eat something bad. Speaking of that, we should bring back the NSV thread. I'll have to find it later though.
I'll talk to you guys later tonight, or in the morning. :D