Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #211  

Happy Sunday morning everyone! The Terminal was a good movie, I think. It WAS long though, and I didn't get to bed until late (for me). I'm a little draggy this morning, but it's OK. Last year for the 4th of July, I made matching red jumpers for the big girls. So today I get this crazy idea of making one for little dd to wear to church today to match her sisters. Well, I didn't have enough fabric left for a jumper, but I did make a skirt! Thankfully, baby skirts are VERY easy. Just a tube with elastic at the top. We always take a family picture on the 4th of July, because that was the day dh and I had our first date, a LONG time ago. So maybe they'll wear their new dresses for that.

We've got church today, and then probably resting and recuperating. Dh had to drive 7 hours yesterday to get to and from a job. Ick! He has to do it again next weekend, but this time he's going to get a hotel.

Baby wants her oatmeal, so I'd better go.

Later!
Angela

Oh yes, and Vickie, you have got the best motivational moments of anyone I know! I love the advice you give everyone.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #212  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, Thanks! That's high praise coming from you. I think you could/should be a Leader. I'm just really determined this time and I guess I'm hoping to help everyone else while I try to help myself. It's really hard to do this without support. I'm SO lucky to have all of you and my close circle of supportive friends and family. Did I mention Jim? Really couldn't do it without him. He is COMPLETELY supportive and cooperative. Hmmmmm....perhaps he needs a reward today. I'll have to think on that.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #213  

Height: 5'7"

I haven't finished reading but wanted to give Melissa these things. Melissa, copy this into your signature but remove the spaces:

[ url ] http://banners.wunderground.com/bann.../Lexington.gif [ /url ]

Keep in mind that you can't copy what's actually written there because it's the shortened version. Right click on the link, copy the properties (it's a whole long line) and then THAT'S what you paste in.

Easier way is to right click on one of ours, copy the properties into another browser window, change to KY and Lexington, then copy and paste that into your signature. I wish I could do it for you ... it would be so much easier than trying to explain!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #214  

Quote:
I've had to be really tough this time though with some of my friends. Who knows what their reasons are but by their actions they are trying to sabotage what I'm trying to do for myself.
WARNING: Amateur psychiatric analysis ahead:

I think I know the answer to this -- at least in my case. There truly are people who, unintentionally of course, don't like to be reminded that THEY should also be watching their intake. Having someone around them on a healthy eating plan is just like rubbing it in their faces that THEY aren't doing something for themselves, so they counter it by wanting US to not eat well either. Make sense?

Melissa, a little firmness will go a long way, especially when they see your resolve and your results! Maybe some honest discussions ... sort of like to MIL, you say "you know I'd love to have a baby, but I'm not going to try and get pregnant until after I've lost (insert number here) pounds." If she wants a grandbaby from you guys, maybe she would respect that approach. As for work, that's a different story because it seems like you're surrounded by food there and those people don't love you like your family. Weekends and special occasions are probably the worst though, so maybe the above tactic would work ... both with MIL and Aaron. Plus, it's not like you're asking them to make nasty food! There are so many good-tasting Core foods, just regular everyday stuff, that they could and should be cooking! Lean hamburger patties and lots of vegetables, corn on the cob, black or pinto beans ... and then the SF/FF puddings and jello with fruit! Or just fruit! Good grief, give me their phone numbers and I'll call them for you!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #215  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well if ever there was a time my washer/dryer are getting a workout- this is it! Just trying to help dd w/her laundry- she believes in waiting til her laundry basket is overflowing onto the floor before paying any attention to it. So this means tons of laundry on the extra large cycle- and then drying it in batches so it actually gets dry! Then ds still has major laundry to do as well.

My suitcase is upstairs and awaits packing- I am already "gathering" things and going up and down the stairs. Yes I am even packing some water bottles and snacks (granola bars,rice krispie squares, oatmeal cookies) for the trip. Can't decide on the pink and black or red/black carryon bag (pink is bigger!). Also collecting all our documents, tickets, paperwork,disney info and US $$ so I don't forget them at home! Also just remembered to cancel the paper!

Kids also created a disney list of rides not to be missed so I am trying to organize this into some "tour" of the parks that makes sense -I know I will go in with a plan - but this will all fizzle out once I get there and get distracted by all the sights and sounds.

Vickie - you're right in saying I will definitely eat better than usual. I have a little guidebook which describes all the eateries - and there are many places that serve grilled chicken, beef, salads, fruits,veggies- just have to choose carefully. I think it will be the occasional ice cream or dessert that might be my downfall- and some french toast specialty at our hotel (made w/sourdough bread, stuffed w/bananas, sprinkled w/cinammon & sugar) - the traditional recipe is fried - but you can get this grilled which I would choose!

Off to Walmart for some last minute purchases before it gets too late,then more laundry and packing.

Good news is scale is already down 1 lb which is a huge relief!

Frouf
Old 07-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Okay, I'm trying the weather thingy. Here goes!

Lisa
Old 07-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

All right already. Where did I go wrong?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:29 PM   #218  

Well the main thing I see is at the end where it says .gifgton.gif

Looks like you copied part of the "Lexington.gif" into yours.

It should be ...Harrisburg.gif. Also make sure there's an [ img ] at the beginning too (without the spaces).
Old 07-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #219  

No, the beginning tag shouldn't have a /

Also delete those ... before PA

Keep trying!! It'll get there!

Last edited by Katpo; 07-03-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #220  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you can do it! If you can make instructions on how to make big planes fly you can certainly do this. You got Sandra through it. Go Kathy, Go Kathy!

I just ate my spoon size Shredded Wheat for lunch. I'm VERY full. I had to use a ton of Splenda (they're kind of flat tasting with no sodium) and they soaked up EVERY bit of milk that I put in the bowl. Jim bought me the original instead of the Shredded Wheat and Bran which I asked for. I asked on the WW site for people's favorite Core cold cereal and several said Shredded Wheat and Bran. So, I'll try them next time. These are very edible. Next time I think I'll add some fruit.

Jim's going out to check the pool temperature since it's warm here.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #221  

LOL, Vickie! I guess you're right ... I never thought about it that way!

Happy swimming, hopefully! I'm going to wait until 3:00 then go to the grocery store for just a few things, and maybe when I get home the front will be in the shade and I can dig in the flowerbed a little. After that I'm making the brisket and other things. Sorry to say that this 4-day weekend is dwindling and I don't feel as though I've accomplished that much!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #222  
focused and aiming

kathy, there's something special about those bluebonnets, isn't there? the last few years we've wintered in texas and headed back to montana in the spring. we were able to see the wildflowers (esp the bluebonnets) along the highways. what a beautiful sight!

melissa, yep, we're going to be back on track. again, you and i are sooooo much alike. i'm doing the same thing. (guess that's why we're both stalled in the 190's right now, don't you?) i started on core this morning. so far so good. i'm working at it. yesterday was probably like yours. i put the rest of the cake (we stopped at a bakery on the way home from the tournament. isn't that awful!) in the fridge. i told curtis today that if he doesn't want the rest of it, we can take it to the archery shop tuesday. hmmmmm? we might just take it to the bbq we're attending tomorrow. that's an idea.

frouf, i od'd on sugar this past week, too. i gained 2 lbs fri when i weighed. (that was before another binge saturday evening.) i was thinking about punishing myself and just eating core basics but decided against that. i'm afraid the rebel in me would go awol. so, i'm doing the best i can, too. it's not easy what with knowing we have some big events (your vacation, our trip to butte for the tournament) that may call for non-core foods. let's just do the best we can. i'm glad you were able to go to the movies. that sounds like such a treat.

kathy and vickie, curtis and i are king and queen of homebodies. we very seldom go anywhere after dark. i tease that we're the opposite of vampires. we go out to eat a lot but that's at noon. we don't socialize much except with archery folks at archery centers and events. we watch oodles of tv, especially reality shows. do we sound dull? probably so. oh, well, life goes on.

vickie, i love reading your advice, too. thank you for sharing yourself with us.

angela, your girls are lucky. imagine, matching outfits for the 4th. i think that's neat.

kathy, you're a good psychologist. i think you hit the nail on the head. it's definitely a self-esteem problem for the friends. if theirs were better, they wouldn't have to pull others down with them. you have fantastic advice for melissa to tell her mil. the old grandbaby thing should work for sure.

frouf, i can feel your excitement. you're going to have such fun!

melissa, if kathy can get me through this, she can definitely get you through it. don't give up. (remember, i'm the lucy clone here.)

well, i'm off to eat some sf/ff pudding. have a great day. i'll be back later to see what's going on on your ends of cyberspace.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #223  

Afternoon everyone! I am struggling, hanging on with my teeth, clawing and scratching to stay good on Core. I have pre-TOM cravings BADLY, and Sundays are always hard for me because we have church right over lunchtime. But I can be good, I will be good...

I have a huge temptation coming up all this week. A friend of mine is moving away, and I'm helping throw a big open house type party for her. So I somehow got put in charge of making all the baked goodies for it, like cookies/brownies etc. There could be well over 50 people there too, so it's not like making a few pans of cookies or anything. Ugh. I think my rule will have to be NO nibbling, touching, licking, anything. After it's baked, it goes straight in the freezer. Sigh. What a test, because fresh baked cookies are my ultimate red-light food.

It's anothe beautiful day here though, and I'll focus on that for now. I am cautiously optimistic that I can survive this week without falling off the wagon if I have you folks to help me.

Angela
Old 07-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #224  
focused and aiming

angela, if anyone can do this and stay on core, it's you. i am very optimistic for you. remember, you're our inspiration. you're at goal. what a wonderful place to be.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #225  

Ugh! Lordy, I'm exhausted! I just got home from the grocery store and good grief, the heat just sapped me completely! I just want to melt right into the ground!

I don't even want to start cooking anytime soon, but I guess I should at least make the potato salad. Now I'm at a crossroads ... I could wait and cook the brisket tomorrow, and just grill some hamburgers today. We have everything for that. Either way, all I know is that it's dang hot, I'm irritated, and not feeling like a very perky Katpo.
Closed Thread