Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default intro and question

Hi everyone,

My name is Ellen and I joined WW after seeing one of my boss' clients after she had dropped about 45 pounds on Core. I am about 70 pounds away from my goal weight. I have done Atkins, WW (years ago), Overeaters Anonymous, been vegetarian, tried low fat....and gone up and down the scale several times.

I was trying to get ready to go back on Atkins, and dreading it, when I saw this lady. She couldn't say enough about how Core worked for her, which inspired me to try it, and I am so glad I did!

I've had my first weigh in and i've lost 3.2 pounds. I wanted to ask how long people have been on Core, and how much they've lost. I was going to create a poll but figured I should just introduce myself instead, and ask on the board.

Looking forward to hearing your success stories.

Ellen
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Ellen and welcome!

Congrats on your fabulous first week's loss! I too used to do Atkins but found it harder and harder to do due to the restrictions. Core seems the best of both worlds, lower fat, lower carb - but good carbs such as whole grains, brown rice, etc. I esp love all the fruits one can eat!

Feel free to join the rest of the group on the core chat thread # 16!

Frouf
Old 05-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ellen, I've been on since the end of September and have lost 36.6 with 114 left to go! Come chat with us on number 16 and fill out a profile. You'll see all of ours there. It'll help us all get to know each other better.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #4  
focused and aiming

welcome to the group, ellen. i just joined a few days ago. this is a fabulous place to get support and new ideas. i'm anxious to read what you have to say. i
Old 05-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  

Welcome Ellen! I've been doing Core since November of 2004, and I've lost all but 12 pounds of my weight on it. I'm getting my Lifetime this Wednesday (provided I don't gain 6 pounds between now and then) I love Core. I'm healthier, I have more energy, I look good, and I have all these lovely ladies to chat with every day. I plan on staying here even when I'm maintaining, because the support and friendship is invaluable.

Angela
Old 05-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #6  
Athlete in Training

Hi Ellen,

Was I the person you talked to who couldn't say enough wonderful things about Core? 'Cuz I've been telling anyone who'll listen how much I love this program.

I started March 15th of this year and have lost over 25 pounds. I was on Atkins the prior year, lost only 30 pounds and put it all back from December through March. My husband is still on the atkins program.

Core works well for me because I genuinely prefer the foods that are considered core. I can use my weekly points allowance (WPA) for the few things I want that aren't core foods, and usually I have points leftover 'cuz I can't find anything I want to use them for. I have only found one occasion where I actually exceeded my WPA for a special dessert on my anniversary. Otherwise, this program has not felt restrictive to me at all.

The ladies on this board are so warm and friendly, plus they've been doing the program for awhile and have plenty of tips to help you along the way.

Enjoy!
Closed Thread