Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #1  

Default Core Fast Food lists

Is there an online list for Core Fast Foods? We don't eat out much, but once a month we usually treat the kids to McDonalds. Do you usually use wpa's for this? or is there anything Fast Food considered Core? Btw, we also have Taco Bell/KFC, Burger King, Sonics, and Captain D's. (our town is small)
Old 04-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kendra, there is an Eating Out Guide you can buy from WW. I don't recommend it for Core because there is next to nothing in it that you can eat. Some naked chicken breasts and a salad (lettuce and fruit) here and there. I haven't been to fast food places since I started. If you go, you'll probably have to use WPA's. Sorry.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #3  

Bummer, I was afraid of that. I was going to buy the Eating Out and Complete Food Companions this past weekend, but it wasn't in my budget (geesh, I have 2 or 3 sets I'm sure somewhere around here, roflol, just not with the core checkmarks). I will figure my points in advance and have a sensible meal. Thanks Vickie.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #4  

I think those books can be useful, even on Core. They do list the points values for specific menu items, so you can choose the lowest ones. It probably won't surprise you that there is basically nothing completely Core at McDonald's, though. The best places are buffets and salad bars where you can choose from a big variety of dishes.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I had found a list the other day but was at work. I think I bookmarked it but will check when I go back tomorrow. It was mainly "plain salad" at most places.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #6  

Not much to eat at McDonald's on core - mustard and plain salad (grilled chicken is a mess there - see website for ingredients - sugar and cheese injected in it among other tuff). Plan on using points.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #7  
Athlete in Training

The two fast food places I've used so far are Wendy's and Subway.

I get the grilled chicken sandwich (throw away the bun) combo at Wendy's with either a side salad with ff French or a chive baked potato (I don't use the butter or sour cream.) You can cut up the chicken and put it on the salad or potato.

Subway has a fabulous grilled chicken spinach salad with ff honey mustard. You have to make sure to tell them to hold the cheese and the bacon, but I put all the other veggies on the salad and it is filling and delicious. Also they have a lf honey mustard, so you have to make sure to specify the ff.

I didn't know the grilled chicken at McDonalds wasn't a good choice. I've had those on occasion, without the bun, but I don't like them as much as Wendy's.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ooohhh, Terry! The Subway salad sounds good. I'll be trying it soon.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #9  

I've had that salad too, and I agree, it's very good, although a bit pricey to me, the cheapskate.

Angela
Old 04-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #10  

Kendra, I eat out every day at lunch and while the grilled chicken salads at Subway and McDonald's and most fast food restaurants are not listed as being Core, my own personal tweak is that I consider them Core. The McDonald's grilled chicken caesar salad has a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on it so you would probably want to count points for that but I love the flavoring of the chicken so I guess whatever they inject in it is good stuff! I really enjoy the roasted chicken breast salad from Subway ... it's probably my favorite since you can make it up to suit your own tastes. I've seen much raging debate on many different boards about whether a small chili from Wendy's can be considered Core. Technically not, I guess, because of the fat content of the meat, but when I eat it, I consider it Core. I haven't eaten it since the whole fingertip thing but since they arrested the woman who started that whole thing, I'll probably put it back on the menu for a nice change! You can also get a fruit bowl at Wendy's as well as a plain baked potato or side salad so they really have lots of options . Once a week, I enjoy the salad bar and a baked potato from Ruby Tuesday. You probably won't go very wrong by choosing grilled chicken and a side salad with FF dressing at any fast food restaurant. Just don't eat the bun.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Check this out: It's not the site I had previously mentioned but is a good one.

http://wwkippy.proboards40.com/index...rd=Restaurants
Old 04-30-2005, 11:43 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Excellent. I love to eat out. Thanks!
Closed Thread